Misfortune - New Browser RPG

Dhruin

SasqWatch
LoadingGames sends word of their steampunk browser RPG that is currently in beta, titled Misfortune. Here's the description and head over for a closer look:
A little about the game: “Misfortune” is a steampunk RPG browser game. In the game you follow the protagonist, as he finds himself marooned on an unfamiliar island, in a strange and violent town called Rodnia.
The game is intended to be a “casual” RPG, to be played for 20-30 minutes at a time. However, unlike many other casual RPG games, the main emphasis of Misfortune is the plot. As the game progresses, a complex story unfolds, including multiple plot-lines that intertwine together.
The entire game is hand drawn by a children's book illustrator, which gives it a unique appearance.
More information.

Interesting idea. I've played through one quest so far, but the intro gives me hope that good things will come out of it.

Just as (many) other browser RPGs this one has "mission points" that prevent you from doing quests. Unless you wait till they refresh or buy them for real money.
Not a bad game, but also not interesting enough to keep a casual player attached to it. Sorry, but I can't say it's future is bright.

I'm going into cryogenic freeze. Somebody warm me up when the honeymoon with social media gaming is over with and real games are back in fashion. :\

Back
Top Bottom