EA - Ultima Forever Domain Registered

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We've posted about some persistent Ultima-related rumours a few times over the past months and Ultima Online Stratics has spotted another piece of the puzzle. Apparently EA registered ultimaforever.com back in April and the site was briefly live. Head over to view a screenshot, which shows EA and BioWare logos, a "Brief History of Ultima IV" and a banner proclaiming "A celebration of all things Ultima".
More information.

Duke Nukem Forever
Ultima Ferever

You forgot Grimoire Forever!! How could you? :p

Would love it if someone could take the redengine and re-do U4...not change a thing...just bring it to life as i pictured it as a 14 year....

Not to be a total bummer pessimist or anything, but you can pretty much bet on this being a stinker if the current trend in development of RPG's is any indication from the likes of EA.

Fast food, fast money, candy for the eyes….and rubish for those with an iq over that of a gnat is where things are now. Not only in gaming but in most things. Once you do something trend breaking and great…Cookie cutter products of the same but not the same value over take us to we can't take it any more. Only await for the next thing to fall to the same fate. The MASSES must be feed…and sucking on the tits of anything creative…..until there is nothing left but the bitching and crying of those that found it first…EA is just like the Chinese machine feeding the Walmarts and dollar stores with crap we do not need nor really want. Though that same machine wants more and more itself and it is only us that can put a stop to it!!!!!

Wow. I like that.. That pretty much sums up all industry to some extent.. medical, pharma,.... Isn't money grand?

Wait, this is a game forum! ;)

Maybe it's some sort of Ultima Ultimate Collection w/ every Ultima game and it'll work work on Windows 7. :p

Maybe it's the real Ultima 10 (offline) game.

There is no real ulitma 10 game even if they make one. Just like there was no real Ulitma 8 or 9. Sorry Lord British(I know he has nothing to do with his old company) should be put in a home…Some where from the time of starting the greatest game ever made in his parents garage and wanting to fly in space he lost his mind and touch with the people that love everything he touched. EA with orgin systems ….we create worlds became we put out chyt. If you think for one second this isn't true then you are as sad as those that think playing DA2 was ground breaking. I started my gaming life in 84 with U3. I have Tatooed on my legs the virtues of U4 on my legs. We can all fight on which was the best out of them…but 8 and 9 have nothing to do with Ulitma at all in my mind. Online gaming is what it is…not for me but not for me to say it isn't fun or great for that matter…but Ulitma isn't an online game…it was a way of begin and believing in a story that covered so much…it was deep with no end to what could happen…and like anything that good…someone things they can make alot of money off it by taken the very core of what it is and making it into spoon feed chyt for the Masses…Most things that are great aren't for
One last note unless Richard wants to make his name in the world of gaming again and really put his mind to it…..Ultima is dead forever…as for a new game coming out…

This will most likely be another turn by EA to screw up a good named franchised yet again. Apparently destroying Origin was not enough....

Ok EA and bioware make all the crap games you want but when you start touching the Ultima franchise it gets personal. This series is untouchable in my eyes and I know anything with EA attached to it is going to be horrible.

It's better at this point to just leave Ultima alone

This is a new twist. EA ground ultima's name into the dirt, and I guess now they figure enough time has passed that the good feelings will be remembered and the disappointment forgotten? I hope this isn't a new trend we can expect to see, though it already is the norm with movies and their reboot attempts.

Though now that I think of it, as awful as Ultima 9 was at the time, it would be a big step up from any RPG series currently in production as far as I'm concerned. Compared to mass effect or dragon age or alpha protocol it almost starts to look like a classic. It's sad to have nostalgia for the days when games were simply not as good as I expected, instead of absolutely worthless and insuting to my intelligence.

Isn't this going to be this social media Ultima IV remake we heard about a couple of times. If so, I guess there is nothing to see here.

When someone mentions Ultima, I never really think about six, eight, online or some other installment.
My mind revives all those negative thoughts on Ultima Bugscension.

This is a new twist. EA ground ultima's name into the dirt, and I guess now they figure enough time has passed that the good feelings will be remembered and the disappointment forgotten? I hope this isn't a new trend we can expect to see, though it already is the norm with movies and their reboot attempts.

Though now that I think of it, as awful as Ultima 9 was at the time, it would be a big step up from any RPG series currently in production as far as I'm concerned. Compared to mass effect or dragon age or alpha protocol it almost starts to look like a classic. It's sad to have nostalgia for the days when games were simply not as good as I expected, instead of absolutely worthless and insuting to my intelligence.

In how far exactly did Alpha Protocol insult your intelligence or was absolutely worthless? I am curious.

I have Tatooed on my legs the virtues of U4 on my legs.

This is mildly disturbing.

On topic though, this could be done very well, or of course it could be awful. Lord British had nothing to do with Ultima V: Lazarus or the Ultima 6 Project and both of those are absolutely phenomenal games, and definitely very 'Ultima'.

Back
Top Bottom