BioWare - What’s in a Name?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Bioware Blog has another update for the Mass Effect games with facts about what where the most common names for Commander Shepard.

We analyzed player data from Mass Effect 3 to determine the most popular names for Commander Shepard. The most common choices by far were the defaults, John and Jane, but for those players who ventured off the beaten path, these are the top five names for each gender.

shepardnames.jpg
More information.

Mine were "Mary" (because of Silent Hill 2) and "Ryan".

Mine was Jane Shepard ;) Creative, right? I looked at the default name and thought that doesn't sound too bad and it really sticked, haha. I remember someone who used "German" Shepard :lol:

I used default. But am really surprised Drizzt didn't make in top 5.

Mine were named Freija and Jessibel.
Didn't play a guy because i didn't like the male voice acting.

I tried playing a woman - but it didn't last long.

My guy in ME is usually called Casus.

I think when I played I used Ellendrea.

I have a lot of different characters. For example Jane, Jasmine, Haze, Blaze, Blade, Maylander, Keldorn.

Casus Belli?

C

:biggrin:

Hehe, no - but it's even better.

There's a slightly interesting story related to that name.

I like to use Latin words that relate to my characters in some way, as names. So, I was trying to come up with a cool name for my Rogue in World of Warcraft - and I went through some words in a Latin dictionary.

Anyway, I found that Casus means "end, decay, die" and stuff like that, which I found to be an appropriate name for an assassin type character.

So, anyway, I was playing this Rogue in a PvP match one day, and suddenly - some guy starts whispering me in a language I don't understand.

So, I go: "Huh?"

He goes: "Turkish?"

I go: "Ehm, no, I'm Danish."

He goes: "You're called Casus, you've got to be Turkish!"

I go: "No, sorry. Why? What does Casus mean in Turkish?"

He goes "It's like a Spy or an Infiltrator"

;)

I found that to be a pretty neat coincidence - and I almost always play Infiltrators in Mass Effect.

infiltrators,

skill, aptitude, a single gun (well a rifle as well if the bastard is too far away)

I tend to gravitate towards that arketype whatever game I play :)

With a interest in history (despite my current obligations in science, biotech and production) and a yonger brother with an occupation as a medieval historian, laitn have a way to find its way home.)
In old ladder games in ghost recon, clan name was neco
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/neco

my name is usually crilloan, an adaption of my own name and a "drakar and demoner" PnP module, or Casca, from the novels or Cugel, from the novel :)
(if fantasy that is)

C

Jack Shepard must be popular because of the LOST character of the same name and very similar looks.
I oughta go with 'Christian' when I do a playthrough later this year. :D

Back
Top Bottom