Gothic 3 New to G3. A few Questions pls ^^

shumakiso

Traveler
Hey yall, just started playing i hear its a great game. just a couple of questions. one is, i downloaded the latest patch and ran the installer, i was wondering though if theres any way to check or somewhere to see that you are indeed running the latest version.
Also, i read in manual that after you defeat an oppenent you can then kill them. I havnt even left the first town yet so maybe its too early. but i dont seem to be able to kill orcs. Like i down them and loot, then i hold mouse2 and longmouse1 and all i do is the power thrust move thing. something im doing wrong or bug?
thanks for anyone taking time to help this noob >.<

Easy way to notice if you are running a working, patched version or not - when you leave the town with Gorn (not long after the beginning), he will vanish into thin air if the game is not patched properly. If it is patched, he will tell you about the rebels, and then go into the rebel camp.

As for killing opponents, when the orc is knocked down, select him, get near him, and do a power attack. You will then plunge your sword straight through his chest in a finishing move. Takes a bit of practice, but once you get it right it's easy.

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the forums! :)

oo thanks so much. well i got he right version then. but still dont get the kililng. Like do i need my sword out? cause hwen the sword is out and i face the body no name pops up like when my sword is put away.

oh and how do i equip the differnt types of arrows im finding for my bow >.<
sry but the manual doesnt say much

Last edited:
You need the sword out to fight but put away to collect items off a body. If they are dead and sword equiped no name shows up. I seldom messed with bows so not sure on that one.

aww i see so they dead already? like i havnt even beat the intro yet. well i just did and now im tlaking to people. but ya i cant "kill" any of those intro orcs, so i guess they already dead. oh and i found out about how to select diff arrows. you gotta do while aiming right? lol that woulda been nice to haev in manual >.<
Thankjs for you help yall. nice forums and nice game!!!

The Watch has a game wiki as well with lots of info. Check that out if you haven't already. It shows up under the game tab at the top of the page. And welcome to the Watch btw. :)

Ok one more thing. lol is there a way to like swing the camera so you can check out yoru toon? like a free look kinda thing?

It's been a while since I played it, but I actually don't think so. You get to see him when you talk to others though, since the camera shows from various angles. He looks quite cool in the kickass armors later in the game.

Back
Top Bottom