KotOR - First Gameplay Footage of the Remake

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couch spotted this first video of Apeiron's Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic:

MrMattyPlays:

Today, I am proud to present the FIRST EVER gameplay footage for the upcoming remake of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic by Apeiron. Be sure to share with all the Star Wars fans as well as leaving your feedback for the development team down below in the comments!
More information.

Greetings to all,

Not new to rpgwatch, just too lazy after all this time until today to register.

That video looks amazing, can't wait, cheers Hiddenx

Welcome to the non-lurker side of RPGWatch then :party:

Welcome! I know the feeling. Been lurking for a few years before finally registering.

The KotoR games are classics, though I sure hope they will make combat harder/more interesting/tactical, since it feels more and more like an inconvenience the longer you play and the stronger you get.
Still great stories!

It does look promising but I somehow fear that it will be an everlasting project that never gets finished. I hope I am very very wrong though :).

I wonder whether they maintain the D20 dice rolling mechanics for combat or adopt a more action oriented approach.

I would love to see a new combat system similar to that in the last entry of the Jedi Knight series.

Hm, has this been cleared with Disney? If not, I doubt that it will be very "everlasting", more like "soon lawyered out of existence".

Edit: Seems not. Sorry, but "Is this legal?" "We think so" sounds like an invitation to get bad news from lawyers - even if you might be legal, you have no chance, since you cannot afford to fight. So, personally, I am somewhat pessimistic about the chances of that game.

looks impressive, even though graphics weren't the worst of KotOR's problems

Zer taking over ze world ;)

Can't really see a KOTOR in this footage apart from the locations shown, guess we'll have to wait and see what they will bring us.

Lol so many Germans here. ^^

You can say what you like about them, but since they annexed the server, the updates run on time. ;)

Making KotOR's combat more action orientated...

That sounds like a idea in the league of Bioware's "Awesome Button" or the concept of Mass Effect being cool, if it played like Gears of War.

Making KotOR's combat more action orientated…

That sounds like a idea in the league of Bioware's "Awesome Button" or the concept of Mass Effect being cool, if it played like Gears of War.
Not necessarily.

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy had great lightsaber combat IMO and I do believe that it would benefit a remake of KotOR by incorporating such combat system. But that is just my opinion :).

Not necessarily.

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy had great lightsaber combat IMO and I do believe that it would benefit a remake of KotOR by incorporating such combat system. But that is just my opinion :).

Yes, I really liked the feel of the combat in those old classics, and I don't think it's been bettered since.

For this KOTOR remake, I could also enjoy that style of combat for a change. I would think, though, it'd be much harder to implement realtime sword combat that feels good and plays well. The old D20 + decorative animations is probably a much safer bet.

Yes, I really liked the feel of the combat in those old classics, and I don't think it's been bettered since.

For this KOTOR remake, I could also enjoy that style of combat for a change. I would think, though, it'd be much harder to implement realtime sword combat that feels good and plays well. The old D20 + decorative animations is probably a much safer bet.
I also doubt that we'll get a fully developed combat system à la jedi Academy. But I am allowed to dream, aren't I :).

I don't think a KotOR remake needs the combat to be changed. I'd rather see someone make a different SW game with more action-oriented combat.

An open-world SW RPG with a 3rd-person view and real-time combat could be great.

I don't think a KotOR remake needs the combat to be changed. I'd rather see someone make a different SW game with more action-oriented combat.

An open-world SW RPG with a 3rd-person view and real-time combat could be great.
Still, a case can be made to remake KotOR 2 as it was released in a notoriously unfinished state and a fan based patch was necessary to put it in a better shape.

I would therefore love to see a complete (professional) remake of KotOR 2 where we would get to see the game as originally intended by Obsidian with a fully revised combat system with awesome lightsaber combat and Jedi powers.

It would be like combining the best of KotOR 2 and the Jedi Knigt series :).

Kotor combat was just terrible so any change in combat system is good.

Not a fan of Kotor, but for a remake this pretty damn good. And if they erased Carth from the game, it would be even better.;)

Back
Top Bottom