Dungeon Lords MMXII - D.W. Bradley Returns

txa1265, hopefully you have some savegames from various areas that you can quickly test the deeper parts of the game with, if they're compatible. Otherwise, we'll all have to wait till you get past the areas that DW actually finished.

Considering all the changes/additions they're claiming, I'd be very surprised if saves from the original game are actually compatible with MMXII.

Considering all the changes/additions they're claiming, I'd be very surprised if saves from the original game are actually compatible with MMXII.

That was my thought ... If you recall, saves from patch to patch weren't compatible! So I would assume that the new version breaks old saves ...

Okay then...can you play 24/7 till you get past the old areas? :biggrin:

OK, yes, I was being a bit harsh in my condemnation of all cRPG writing. There are a few cases where it is good enough to actually add to the experience in a positive way. But those are few and far between. I'm happy if my cRPG's writing isn't so bad as to distract me or spoil the overall experience.

And, yes, D'Art, I enjoy good exposition and dialogue. It's just that it's very hard to find in video games.

Mike, please test Alt-Tab right away after download and let me know if they fixed that, please. :)

Well, as write now, it shows up as "out of stock". And that's for a digital download.
I imagine that either it didn't get released at all or things went pear-shaped.

I just started my download a little while ago ... So at least for me it seems to have worked ...

Well, as write now, it shows up as "out of stock". And that's for a digital download.
I imagine that either it didn't get released at all or things went pear-shaped.

It shows as being available for me on my GreenManGaming account, but I didn't have time to install it yet.

It shows as being available for me on my GreenManGaming account, but I didn't have time to install it yet.

I hope to at least launch tonight ... but time is tough this week: my brother and niece come Friday for the weekend, I am running a marathon on Sunday, Sunday is my wife's birthday, and Tuesday is my older son's 'sweet 16' ... so spending time with DWBradley isn't high on the list! :)

Guess I'll give it a shot soon, then.

Oh, the drama is coming! I can hardly wait.
Do you think it will have any music this time? I remember the rousing score that you got at the start in the menu's which then faded to nothing. I still have my two copies buried in the closet somewhere. I am pretty sure I have put this puppy to bed but as always look forward to your comments. The co-op was sort of fun(as long as it was lan only) The pausing and the game virtually coughing as it loaded encounters gave me fits. What has it been, 5 or six years since it came out? Couldn't he try to redeem himself with a new title and just let this die?

Downloaded here this morning - approx 2Gb. Currently 50% through installing.

Initial response to install screen was OK - nicely presented, but "oh dear", the manual files are 0kb and the "Read manual" links cause Acrobat Reader to report corrupt files (because they are 0Kb).

And boom….. Install failed at 50% - source file corrupted.

Living up to all expectations so far. I suspect that original file on GMG was corrupt which is why they've pulled sales until it is sorted. Sad thing is I rather enjoyed the original version for all its "oddities".

Just confirmed - of the 5 main installation files, only 3 have content, the rest are 0kb in the zip. It seems like the zip was truncated at 2Gb when it should have been 3-4Gb. (Rolls eyes).

Update - according to Nordic Games forum, they have asked GMG to pull this version due to the corrupt zip. They suggest customers requests refunds from GMG. Nordic claim a correct version was sent to GMG, so goodness only knows what happens now. I haven't requested a refund yet (used my "unique" 25% code from a previous offer, and don't want to lose it), but we'll see.

Update 2 - it has now returned to the store, and download size is now 4.2Gb, which sounds much more plausible. However, having wasted 2gb download earlier, will wait for over-night usage allowance before attempting re-download. Also, forums at nordic games suggest there are still bugs, which require things like xp-compatibility mode.... doesn't sound overly promising, and makes you wonder if anything has been changed at source level, or is it just updated data-assets...

Last edited:
Update - according to Nordic Games forum, they have asked GMG to pull this version due to the corrupt zip. They suggest customers requests refunds from GMG. Nordic claim a correct version was sent to GMG, so goodness only knows what happens now.

Conspiracy theory : Someone desperately WANTED this game to fail and thus has consciously corrupted the file. :D

Another conspiracy theory : Someone wanted to transfer this game immediately to an filesharing thing, thus opened the thing, extracted the files, and re-zipped it again. But was so stupid to leave a file behind, not included.

My third theory, not so much conspiracy, but more practical yet weird : Antivirus scanner opened the thing, found something suspcious within it, either moved it into quarantene (or how this is spelled) or deleted it altogether. Problem solved - from a certain point of view (that of the scanner's). Result : Whole thing corrupted now.
This actually happens. There do exist scanners which are that aggressive - at least per default.

Could be. I was reading the forums over there(at work and bored as hell) and a few people are playing it so they must have gotten their paws on some bit of working code. Congrats to DW Bradley after all!

And then the bottom drops out. AArrrghhh!

These are the two errors I get:

TerrQuad_ReadTerrObjFileInfo:: Invalid Slot#8

Once I hit enter the second appears:

TerrQuad_FetchObjectData:: FileInfo Record Size Mismatch.

Anyone??

I'm reasonably sure a patch will be forthcoming

The installer for the original (and uninstall) was abysmal, as it seemed to be copying thousands upon thousands of individual files rather than having them in some big locker files ...

Well, since my download was 2GB I guess I will be re-downloading later ...

The installer for the original (and uninstall) was abysmal, as it seemed to be copying thousands upon thousands of individual files rather than having them in some big locker files …

The new installer seems to use cab files, but still takes a while. The end result is as before - loads of .bmp and .wav files. This is what made me wonder if the developers had merely updated these with new versions, although perhaps I'm being too cynical. I just know it can be difficult to dig out source code to old projects!

I think the above should read "Let's not Play..". The camera movement is awful, I feel dizzy just from looking at the video.
Camera control was one of the things I felt they got really right. Still one of my favorite control schemes and implementations for this kind of perspective. Ah well, to each his own...

I have played for a bit and it is definately playable. it looks dated of course but I am getting some fun out of it.

Seriously, just looking at this thread the sharks are out circling for blood without any knowledge, you guys never dissapoint.

Back
Top Bottom