Fallout 3 - Operation Anchorage DLC Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
You can now break out your credit cards, fire up Games for Windows Live and grab Operation Anchorage for Fallout 3:
The Brotherhood Outcasts are trying to acquire advanced military technology, and the only way to open the vault containing these relics is by completing a tactical simulation only you can enter. In Operation: Anchorage you will re-live the epic Battle of Anchorage from Fallout lore. Find your way into the simulation, stripped of resources, and survive within the rules set up by the simulation’s creators. The Chinese red army is everywhere, so secure the surrounding mountain side and fight your way into the Chinese base.
More information.

Got that one for xbox in the morning. Hope it's worth it.

Yeah, I've heard some grumbles from PS3 owners around.

actually one needn't wonder. people steal because they can and lack honour. the great bushido blade of fate will one day give them theirs in this life or the next.

or you could not complain like myself and wait 'til all 3 games are released in disc format. lack of patience is never an excuse for anything let alone theft...

or you could not complain like myself and wait 'til all 3 games are released in disc format.

You mean you'll pay for the game again full-price just to get the DLCs? That doesn't make a lot of sense there.

well i hope they release just all 3 downloadables together, instead of a game of year edition. the other reason i won't be buying it now is i'd rather wait to return to that world all at once instead of peacemeal. if not i guess i'll have to wait for the game of the year edition to drop to reasonable price for all 3, like $30.
i realize oblivion wasn't done this way i don't think but then again i didn't want to return to that world;)

Looks fantastic, and by the description sounds completely dull.

By the way, the screenshots on that website is uploaded in BMP.

Was thinking of wasting money on this with a mind to writing a review. All I get is "An error occurred, try again later". At various places I see suggestions that it could be my location or age restrictions - why GfWL would think I'm underaged is beyond me and it gives no other indication of the cause.

Having to buy "points" in 500-unit blocks for an 800-point game was annoying, anyway, so I guess that's that.

Awesome job all 'round.

"Having to buy "points" in 500-unit blocks for an 800-point game was annoying, anyway, so I guess that's that."

Well if I was on the fence before this is the last straw. I guess I will have to wait for a GOTY Edition or an add on compilation disk.

Thanks for the info.

Anyone know if the GFWL version will work with the Steam version?

Was thinking of wasting money on this with a mind to writing a review. All I get is "An error occurred, try again later". At various places I see suggestions that it could be my location or age restrictions - why GfWL would think I'm underaged is beyond me and it gives no other indication of the cause.

Having to buy "points" in 500-unit blocks for an 800-point game was annoying, anyway, so I guess that's that.

Awesome job all 'round.
I'm getting the exact same problem.
I wonder if it's because we're both from "down under"?

Any other NZ/Aus citizens here who have actually managed to buy the thing?

The only way I'll even consider buying DLC is if it removes the level cap!! :)

Yeah, well, I guess I'll go back to an earlier save/lower level if I ever get it. I notice it's getting some slightly bad press already :/

Spotted this at NMA:
It was delayed in the US, and Briosafreak provided us with a list of countries confirmed to not have the DLC available yet (again, for reasons unknown): Australia, New Zealand, Holland, Portugal, Japan, Canada and Norway.

Looks like we're on the "neglected" list, cobbers!

Yep - that anti-consumer 'hot dog & bun' method has been complained about since XBOX Live started ... and it is amazing how many supporters there are that back up Microsoft, pretty much saying 'you'll buy other stuff anyway'. Um, no.

Back
Top Bottom