What games are you playing now?

Started ME:A today. Only played about 2 hours so far. Current evaluation:
Don't much care for combat mechanics so far
Hair on the ladies look really really bad - something just seems whacky about it. Maybe there is a setting ot make it look more natural ?
Initial map is linear but very confusing - like they tried to immitate tomb raider but left out hte key ingrediants.
-
Only been a couple of hours maybe the combat mechanics will grow on me over time but not sure… seems really lame.

I'm about 30 hours in, but some of that time was spent in multiplayer. Overall, I have to say it's just ok.

The combat mechanics are actually pretty good. It's the rest of the game that falls short imo. The writing is mediocre especially in the dialogues, and the NPCs are the most forgettable among all the Bioware games I've played, and I've played most of them.

Also, there is very little variety in the enemies you face, or at least that's been my experience so far.

Played NWN: Kingmaker. It started off quite fun, trying to win over different factions and all but felt a bit rushed (abrupt final boss battle) and too short. But still fun for what it is. Onwards to different premium module :)

Are you using the EE or original?

Well my current problem is when I boarded tempest I keep getting direct x out of memory error on Windows 10 64bit (machine has 16gb) so basically game keep crashing. Maybe it is a sign.

I'm about 30 hours in, but some of that time was spent in multiplayer. Overall, I have to say it's just ok.

The combat mechanics are actually pretty good. It's the rest of the game that falls short imo. The writing is mediocre especially in the dialogues, and the NPCs are the most forgettable among all the Bioware games I've played, and I've played most of them.

Also, there is very little variety in the enemies you face, or at least that's been my experience so far.

Well my current problem is when I boarded tempest I keep getting direct x out of memory error on Windows 10 64bit (machine has 16gb) so basically game keep crashing. Maybe it is a sign.

I'm using the same OS and the same amount of RAM, but I've never had that error. Maybe you need to update a driver?

Frostbite engine and dx OOM? Seems not possible.
Did you disable automatic VM? If you did that, FF15 would crash frequently too on that setup.

Check it up in system properties (advanced) and enable it if it already isn't - can't post step by step, sorry (not currently at home). As automatic management for all drives is system core option, you'll have to reboot windows after enabling it.

Thanks. I had a page file but I guess the upgrade (upgrade from 7 to 10) process dropped it. To be honest I shouldn't need one with 16 GB of ram (when the game dies I still have 7GB free); none the less I re-enabled it. Will report back if it fixes the issue.

Frostbite engine and dx OOM? Seems not possible.
Did you disable automatic VM? If you did that, FF15 would crash frequently too on that setup.

Check it up in system properties (advanced) and enable it if it already isn't - can't post step by step, sorry (not currently at home). As automatic management for all drives is system core option, you'll have to reboot windows after enabling it.

Finished NWN: Shadowguards as well. I personally enjoyed this one far more than Kingmaker. It's a shame the story doesn't continue on after you escape the city. I liked it the best out of three I've played so far (Witches wake, Kingmaker and Shadowguard). Next up, I will try Wyvern Crown of Cormyr :)

Ha that's a proper NWN marathon! Yeah I enjoyed Shadowguards as well, definitely a shame it doesn't continue after the city.

Still playing ME:A; crashes stopped but I wish there was a way to turn off the annoying graphic scene everytime you switch planets. Mostly finished EOS (1) and the first murder. Now we get cryo points and other weird stuff. No clue what any of it is worth (there seems to be 3 types of research points but none of it is explained they just have funky undocumented icons). To be honest the spoken lines are often stale (no emotions) which is a real turn off to listening to them. I wonder if the developers have had a massive lost in talent. The high-level story seems fine but the details just seem lacking and ad-hoc. Opinion might change as i progress. I unlocked a memory - wife was dying - should have been an emotional charged point but stale.

Patch the game! Interplanetary travel is skippable (IIRC you need to press TAB to skip the cutscene). It was not skippable in the release version.

Research points you'll use to develop new and better equipment after progressing some more with the story.
Hint: high damage sniper + health based ammo + health tech passive.

The only way to enjoy the story IMO is choosing bottom left dialogue whenever possible. Other three dialogue options are cold and feel more like robot, not human.

Developers knew their next project is getting fired (EA closed one studio) or work on yet another noone asked for MMO so they didn't bother with ME4 much. From such workplace climate, the game turned out to be better than I'd expect from disappointed workers.

Last edited:
Started Andromeda last week. Met my first architect and got trounced! Lvl 15 on normal. Cover doesn't provide me any protection at all so I have to run in circles constantly taking occasional pot-shots. If I stop to shoot at the architect I lose all shields / die if low shields from its mega weapons.
Your sidekicks did the trick. I had Drack&Jaal - they're no good in this case. Against architects you need females (if one hates Cora or Peebee, Vetra kicks arse there too).
As you also noticed, you need to stay as far as possible, means forget pistols/shotguns but use either AR or sniper.
I had Drack and Cora, but I have only levelled their health boosts not offensive skills.
1st attempt survived 30 mins without taking out any legs, 2nd attempt survived an hour and took out one leg… then reset to start after dying :'(

Hmm I don't remember architects being that hard on normal. That was about a year ago. What I do remember is that it fights in two phases, sort of. When it's sending those electric energy blobs/clouds towards you, you just need to dodge around them and make sure you are not hit. When it is shooting at you, you can use cover while damaging it. But keep it at soft cover for mobility.

Waited until a few weeks ago to start playing, and well have been putting some serious hours into Divinity Original Sin 2.

A bit to much combat for my liking, I might be getting older or just wanting to adventure around without always wanting to kill who I am talking to and for the most part doing so.

Other than that is a 9 plus out of 10 so far for me.

I've been playing the Last Remnant now for about a week, and some of these fights are just really brutal. I cannot recall playing a game recently where luck was so much of a factor, reminds me more of older computer games than of recent ones. I'm having fun, I do like the squads you can form up within your party, lots of different combinations to try out and explore.

Replaying Tyranny, this time during with the Scarlet Chorus rather than the Disfavored. Great game and I'm enjoying seeing how the different path affects things.

I swapped out Drack for Vetra - still no good. Is there level scaling? I think I need to skip this until later. Hey you, did you find this guy yet? How are you doing?

Vetra? As in ME4? There is no level scaling in ME4, if you have problems at some place, proceed with the story and sidequests then return later with better weapons and armor (use R&D station to make them after leveling).

Also, I've posted to JDR and someone else a general hint on the game, goes something like this: sniper, health based ammo and tech health passive. This doesn't mean you should neglect all other passives, get them all. Active skills, get those you find fun.

Find which guy ? I've no clue where I am or what level I am. I'm on the planet after rescuing Moshe (sp) and searching for clues on Anchron location. I know I'm more than level 10 but probably less than level 20 - I picked up a blackwidow (well made one) and basically I just snipe everything :)
-
Are you talking about the fellow where you have to shoot the side weapons before you can kill it ? I ran into some monster critter when opening a vault - if so I killed it - it was around then (either just before or just after - probably after) I figured out I had to level my companions.

I swapped out Drack for Vetra - still no good. Is there level scaling? I think I need to skip this until later. Hey you, did you find this guy yet? How are you doing?

I started playing hearts of iron 4.
I enjoy this type of game a lot as I played crusader Kings and europa universalis a lot but this one is new to me.

It looks ime it would be a lot of fun.
I wanted a relatively short game to start with so I picked the Netherlands as I will probably be pulverised by the reich quickly.

However my main goal is to slow the Germans down enough to make a dent in the war :)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom