Name an RPG younger people haven't heard of, deserving of a remaster.

Bunch of snot nosed punks... I thought you wanted old games. :)

I vote for an overhaul of the following:

Exile 1, 2, and 3. Oh....

On a serious note there is the game that according to dte should not be mentioned in polite circles: mm9. But that would perhaps take more than a mere remaster.

A pibbur whose credibility is permanently destroyed by completing said game.

Also want to mention Ultima IV.
Not a good game by today's standards, but still the best game to teach you be a better person overall.
Ultima IV tells a few things about virtues without feeling a freaking TV evangelist -- youngsters of today need some moral guidance, and this game made preaching cool.

49zpra.jpg

Last edited:
I'll vote Betrayal at Krondor. Never played it and would love to, but I find it hard to stomach in its current form.

Also want to mention Ultima IV.
Not a good game by today's standards, but still the best game to teach you be a better person overall.
Ultima IV tells a few things about virtues without feeling a freaking TV evangelist -- youngsters of today need some moral guidance, and this game made preaching cool.

49zpra.jpg

Off topic, but he's the guy who repeatedly commanded the virus to leave, and (repeatedly) claimed it was gone.

A pibbur who thinks the virus is still alive and kicking.

Dark Heart of Ukrul is the first game that jumps to mind, I loved that game, although if I were to remake it, I’m not really sure what aspects of the game I’d focus on as being iconic. I did try replaying it with an emulator once, and while it worked ok, I wasn’t sure it aged well, and you definitely needed a manual open in front of you for the magic system.

Betrayal at Krondor would probably be a better remake. I replayed that too and it definitely aged better. It also has a distinct style that I could imagine being translated to a modern game.

Lands of lore for sure.
I would also love to see a remaster/remake of a game called Captive, I believe it was an Amiga/ Atari St exclusive when it came out, but is now available via Dos box. It's a dungeon crawler with RPG elements. The story is so simple and yet you just can't stop until you complete it.
I don't remember the exact story, but basically you have been exiled and imprisoned in a cell on a planet and have no idea where you are, all you have in the cell is a briefcase that you find you can remotely control four robots. once you have personalized /named them you set about traveling to every planet/dungeons picking up the next clues/probes until you eventually find the right planet and they unlock the door to your cell. Brilliant.

Albion. The demo for this one was my first RPG - and my first encounter with motion sickness. But the story is so good, and I love the culture of the Iskai. It deserves a remake, so everyone can see that planet in all its glory.

I'll vote Betrayal at Krondor. Never played it and would love to, but I find it hard to stomach in its current form.

I remember several years back, Neal Hallford (designer of BaK) expressed interest in Kickstarting a remake. Unfortunately, he looked into it and wasn't able to get the license. :(

Wizardry one through four, and Ultima One through four. Those eight games alone would likely keep the average gamer today under the age of thirty busy for about two solid years, assuming they could figure any one of the games out =p

Ok... well, laugh all you want but I want remakes /remasters of Ultima 9 -Ascension and King's Quest -Mask of Eternity (AKA KQ VIII )...

Back
Top Bottom