Matt Chat - Ravenloft - Strahd's Possession

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Matt looks back at Ravenloft - Strahd's Possession:

Matt Chat 468: Ravenloft, Strahd's Possession

This episode covers Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession, an intriguing early 3D CRPG featuring the Ravenloft setting and AD&D rules. It's not perfect by any means, but still quite fun and a treat for anyone into vampires and classic horror.
More information.

Indeed, not a perfect game at all, yet a pure joy to play. While I enjoy both games, the first was the superior, at least for me. Back in the days when we were so pleased to have even a morsel to play!

This game was tough as nails. I remember dying over and over in the starting area because of those wolves that constantly respawned. I never came close to finishing it, but it was already very dated by the time I played it so that didn't help.

It's too bad we didn't get more games in that setting.

Never played these, didnt have computer access pre-2K

I love the setting, but wonder if I could really stick with a game like this.

A modder re-did the games in the Aurora engine for NWN. If you can stomach a few bugs and other small errors those mods are worth a try. I loved playing them.:)

Never played these, didnt have computer access pre-2K

I love the setting, but wonder if I could really stick with a game like this.

Not going to lie.. these games are pretty rough by today's standards. They're extremely pixelated on modern monitors, and it's kind of hard to tell what you're looking at sometimes. I'd love to see them get remakes, but I don't think they were popular enough to justify it.

Nod, I love them both yet they are tough to play by today's standards. It's doable, yet be prepared to squint a lot. I played them both a few years ago and while I did enjoy them yet again, there was an initial adjustment period, for sure.

DDO has an Expansion around Strahd. It is a favourite of the DDO players.

Back
Top Bottom