Last game(s) you bought

Pathfinder - Kingmaker Enhanced Edition.. looking forward to a brand new RPG for me, but checking out some videos on YouTube I'm a bit intimidated to get started lol..looks like there is a lot to figure out in this one..

You're playing Kingmaker for the first time. I'm jealous!

Red Solstice 2.

Fan of the first one, which was quite the indie/budget title - but it had a lot of potential and great ideas.

This looks like a decent step up - and it's not like I'm drowning in sci-fi Aliens-like RPG/RTS games.

The game plays more like a real-time X-Com than anything else, which is cool. You explore the world on a strategic layer in a similar way - and then you battle in real-time with plenty of loot and RPG elements. It's a lot more tactical than your average RTS, though.

Needs another patch or two methinks, but I'm happy to support this one.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience

I haven't played much of this series, but people seem to be pretty high on this one. It's dirt cheap at the moment on Green Man Gaming if anyone is interested. I got it for a little over $5

Pathfinder - Kingmaker Enhanced Edition.. looking forward to a brand new RPG for me, but checking out some videos on YouTube I'm a bit intimidated to get started lol..looks like there is a lot to figure out in this one..

Don't hesitate to grab a copy of the Core Rulebook (1st edition) if you're not afraid by some reading, unless you're already familiar with Pathfinder or D&D 3.x. There are many details in the tooltips, but sometimes an initial overview is easier.

You can browse https://www.d20pfsrd.com/ as reference (or https://www.aonprd.com/).

And for the kingdom management, make sure to enable "Invincible kingdom" in the difficulty settings, and beware of the "Kingdom management = Auto" mode which is infamous for screwing things up ;) There was a good wiki (link) with some explanations on how it works, but it seems down, maybe it'll be back later.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience

I haven't played much of this series, but people seem to be pretty high on this one. It's dirt cheap at the moment on Green Man Gaming if anyone is interested. I got it for a little over $5

Prepare yourself for the most exhaustive tutorial and story heavy beginning I've ever seen :)

Does it feel like there's a significant disconnect if you haven't played the previous games?

Yeah, I hadn't played any MGS games before 5 - and I had absolutely no idea what was going on. I tried rushing the intro - but it was still like 1 hour at least.

That said, once you get into the actual game - it's definitely a very strong tactical stealth kind of game - but I never got far into it. I think it was because I played the first one-level version of the game, and only got the full game much later and I just couldn't deal with that intro sequence again (got distracted and I'd have to start over to play again).

I grabbed the DLC for West Loathing, which I played on release some years ago and just never picked up the extra content. It was like all of two dollars I think.

And just now I finally broke down and bought Final Fantasy two, the only classic one that I don't own, never have, and haven't even ever played it. I think it's still on sale for like another thirty minutes!

I just realized that a little game I've been excited for is releasing in a few days, so I jumped at it. Twelve Minutes. I'm really curious how it ends up being. But the voice actors are very good. James McAvoy and Willem Dafoe. I just hope that didn't take most of their budget. And I also hope I won't just hear the actors, but be able to hear them as the characters they embody.

Phoenix Point: Year One Edition

I've been curious about this one for awhile. Not sure if I'm going to play it soon though or wait for the rest of the announced DLC.

I grabbed the season pass for Fallout 4. I've never played any of the DLC, and it always seemed overpriced to me, but it's currently -85% off on Steam during the Quakecon sale.

I've bought Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube, PS2, Wii, Xbox360 and PC. Favorite game of all time.

GoG.com just released 6 Star Trek games ... which is cool. I immediately bought two FPS I enjoyed - Elite Force 1 & II, looking forward to playing! (finishing Solasta and starting Pathfinder will have to wait!)

Man, that's a great coup on GoG's part! I'll have to save up to get all of those, there's some great games in that new mix. Most of which I only played when they first came out, so replaying should be fun!

Atom RPG: Trudograd

I know I won't play this for awhile since I haven't even finished the first game yet, and I'm going to play Encased first, but I wanted to support the dev, and it's criminally cheap anyways.

Back
Top Bottom