ELEX II - Release Day - Page 4 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ELEX II - Release Day

Default ELEX II - Release Day

March 3rd, 2022, 04:10
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
Yea, I don't think comparing Elden Ring to Elex 2 is a good comparison. Elden Ring is known to be an action rpg, known for difficulty and huge monster boss fights mainly, while Elex is considered a hardcore rpg, with much more emphasis and focus on story and dialogue.
Your use of the terms "action" and "hardcore" really mean nothing here. Elex is every bit an action RPG. You play it in real time, pressing a button to swing your sword or shoot your bow. "Hardcore" is very much in the eye of the beholder and has no meaning at all except what you personally decide it does.

From other people's comments, the focus in Elex is on sandbox role-playing and exploration. The focus isn't on dialogue and story for a lot of people, because neither of those things are very good in PB games (at least in the past decade).

I wasn't comparing every bit of the two games anyway. I was comparing the difficulty and the way the fanbases interpret that differently depending on which game they favor.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)

March 3rd, 2022, 04:45
90-100 FPS on MAX settings @ 1440p with 3080, 11K Intel, Z590, 16GB, NVME, etc.

Bought Steam code for $35 from another retailer.

jpnole

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 3rd, 2022, 11:23
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I wasn't comparing every bit of the two games anyway. I was comparing the difficulty and the way the fanbases interpret that differently depending on which game they favor.
That's the crux of the issue. Difficulty on its own isn't enough of a factor to dissuade me from playing Dark Souls and its likes. What isn't there in those games (from the little I played of Dark Souls I and seen in others) is the interactive quests, the living world,…

You can compare matter on just one factor, but a game isn't just that one factor.

So, yes difficulty is seen differently in games, because they impact games in different ways. A game which is solely (or almost) focused on combat, then the 30 big boss fights difficulty may make a game less enjoyable than a game which has many other elements and only 3 boss fights where the difficulty is ramped up.

I can't talk for Elden Ring as I have not seen enough about it, but if it is like Dark Souls then that's how I perceive matters.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)

March 3rd, 2022, 15:40
Is there an easy combat mode? Only way I could play this as combats that last over 30 seconds to a minute or more, are not my bag. I may wait for an auto-kill mod I want to explore but won't be able to if there is twitch combat. My diabetic controlled reflexes aren't great, lol.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

March 3rd, 2022, 15:46
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Is there an easy combat mode? Only way I could play this as combats that last over 30 seconds to a minute or more, are not my bag. I may wait for an auto-kill mod I want to explore but won't be able to if there is twitch combat. My diabetic controlled reflexes aren't great, lol.
I recommend using a cheat trainer.

Link - https://community.wemod.com/t/elex-i…r-steam/208288
Link - https://www.cheathappens.com/77070-PC-Elex-2-trainer
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)

March 3rd, 2022, 20:49
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Is there an easy combat mode?
Yes. There are five difficulty levels in total including Easy and Story mode.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)

March 3rd, 2022, 20:54
<----nut's toon

Really? Okay, I can probably swing one of those. Think I'll pick this up. Thanks for the tip @JDR13! I'm a sucker for loot and progression, just suck at dexterity/agility stats on my real life toon. I mean do you even see hands or feet on my toon?
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
+1:

March 4th, 2022, 08:55
Originally Posted by KayAU View Post
As for why anyone would play Elex 2 instead of Elden Ring, I don't think the games are that similar, or am I mistaken? Elden Ring seems to be a game focused largely on combat and boss fights, whereas I'm all about exploration and immersing myself in the game world, getting to know the characters who inhabit it. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but this is what I personally want from an RPG.
Others have answered this well enough, I suppose. But Elden Ring is definitely not light on exploration or immersion!

As for the characters, firstly, there are more than usual for a From game. But it's nothing like Witcher3 or something where every peasant wants you to rescue kitty from the well or something barely fitting of a hero. You won't find a baker running through a daily routine script to make a town feel alive. What you're dealing with in Elden Ring, same as Dark Souls, is an old, dying world with a long and bloody history. What you'll learn is more often sad or tragic or dark. These are themes the games deals with. Not that there aren't moments of humor.

Other than a few who are just shops, the NPCs in Elden Ring are much more like secrets. Finding every one is a special event that you know will end in something extraordinary, if you can follow their quest line to the end. But there are no quest markers or any in game journal. It wouldn't hurt to get oldschool and keep a pad of paper handy and write down everything you can. After you meet one they'll probably give you a few hints then relocate. But, remember, in a dark and dying world these questlines don't often have happy endings.

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)

March 4th, 2022, 15:51
A new patch was released on GOG this week. It's supposed to be the day one patch.

Spoiler – Path Notes
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ELEX II - Release Day