Couchpotato's Random RPG News - Page 111 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Default Couchpotato's Random RPG News

May 7th, 2022, 02:41
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
Aye it somewhat kills posting. Sad but expected. I always enjoyed your news threads Couch and will miss seeing you around. Losing so many people I felt at home with even if I didn't always agree with them. Still in a state of shock in some ways. Not sure it has really sunk in what a blow this is.
Aye that announcement was not what I expected today. Though given some past issues and a few recent threads in the forum I can understand why Myrthos feels this way.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)

May 7th, 2022, 02:58
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Aye that announcement was not what I expected today. Though given some past issues and a few recent threads in the forum I can understand why Myrthos feels this way.
Aye totally get it. Well guess we all see what develops, if any thing
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)

May 7th, 2022, 18:33
Well now with the announcement of the site closing I think it's fair to say this thread will henceforth cease to be updated by me. It was fun while it lasted my fellow watchers.
Slacker

Seriously though, big thanks for posting all those news here, I checked it regularly too (even spammed it now and then).

Don't despair, I'm sure a solution will be found for the Watch. We can't just let it disappear.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)

May 7th, 2022, 18:43
You have 3 more months potato

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
+1:

May 8th, 2022, 02:48
Ah screw it I'll keep posting till the sites dead. So here you go @Pladio.

Outward: Definitive Edition is coming on May 17

Dive back into vast world of Outward with the new Definitive Edition! Featuring both DLCs The Soroboreans and The Three Brothers as well as completely new additions. Outward: Definitive Edition is the best way to experience Outward for newcomers or veterans alike.
Open-world ARPG Crystarise for PC launches in 2022 - Steam

The main character, a young girl, is entrusted with the mission of becoming the guardian deity of a mysterious sky island. In order to develop the island, she descends to the great vast world in search of resources.
Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong | Pre-recorded Developer Walkthrough

Join lead quest designer, Eliot Hipeau, and the Gentleman Gamer, Matthew Dawkins, as they walk you through an early scene of Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong.
Queen's Wish 2: The Tormentor - April Update
Greetings, backers! It's been a very busy two months since our last update, and we have a lot of exciting news. Queen's Wish 2: The Tormentor is officially announced! Story info! Screenshots! A full trailer! It's a big information dump, ready for consumption.
Babylon's Fall hits a new low on Steam - one concurrent player
Square Enix's beleaguered game-as-service co-op action RPG Babylon's Fall continues to struggle to find an audience - and this past week, the game plumbed new depths on PC, with Steam Charts data suggesting that at one point on Wednesday, May 4th, only one player was playing the game worldwide.
Final Fantasy XVI's latest trailer is ready and coming soon
Updates on Final Fantasy XVI are seemingly like buses - you wait forever to one to come along, and then two come along at once. Just a week after revealing the development of FF16 was at its "finale", producer Naoki Yoshida has revealed that the highly-anticipated game's newest trailer is actually already complete - we just have to wait to see it.

The comments were made by Yoshida during a live stream showcasing a new collaboration between Final Fantasy XIV and mobile game Nier Reincarnation. Yoshida was hestitate to provide any information on FF16, but was questioned by Nier series producer Yosuke Saito. "The trailer is already complete,"

Yoshida says of our next glimpse of FF16 in comments transcribed by Japanese blog GamesTalk, "But it was delayed for various reasons. I think it’ll come out soon."
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

May 8th, 2022, 03:03
I don't post much on this thread, but I do look at it. It's very informative. It's why I've nominated you to be on the new Watch's newposting team

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

May 8th, 2022, 07:53
Zombie Survival RPG Decision: Red Daze Releases on May 19th - Steam & GOG

You've survived the Red Daze, the mutants, the infested. You ventured into the Red Bowl and lived to tell the tale. But that's just the beginning for you -- survival is a neverending struggle, and if there is hope of ever finding a cure, it will take all your wits, bravery and leadership to help your people live to see it.
Cancelled Final Fantasy Game was a Co-Op Bloodborne - PCGamesN
According to Final Fantasy XIV producer Yoshi-P, the Final Fantasy XVI leads were previously working on a new action-adventure game IP similar to Bloodborne except it was also a 4v1 asymmetrical multiplayer game, too, and may have actually been released in a wildly different form.
Making Diablo Immortal For PC - Blizzard
You asked, and we delivered! The team is proud to announce that Diablo Immortal will launch simultaneously on mobile and in Open Beta on PC complete with cross-play and cross-progression. We have gone the extra mile to preserve major elements of the iconic Diablo control scheme so that you can slay monsters in the comfort of your own home chair.
Is Bethesda doing enough to generate interest about Starfield? - PCInvasion
Starfield is the latest open-world RPG from Bethesda Game Studios. It’s a game that, on paper, should be giving people plenty of reasons to get excited about it. Starfield is Bethesda’s first original IP in 25 years, it’s set in a new sci-fi universe, and powered by a new engine. Yet, despite all of that, the buzz amongst gamers seems almost mixed at best. That might be due to the questionable quality of Bethesda’s most recent game releases, or a perceived oversaturation of open-world RPGs in recent years. For one reason or another, Starfield isn’t setting the gaming world on fire just yet, and Bethesda needs to show more to change player interest.
--

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

May 8th, 2022, 17:10
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
I don't post much on this thread, but I do look at it. It's very informative. It's why I've nominated you to be on the new Watch's newposting team
I'd vote for Couch too, but I doubt he still wants to do that?

Redglyph

SasqWatch

May 9th, 2022, 10:59
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
I'd vote for Couch too, but I doubt he still wants to do that?
Posting news was fine and I enjoyed it. It was after becoming a mod that the hobby started becoming a non-paid job. Didn't help that I was the only news-poster.

It wasn't all bad though and I still share news.
--

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

+1:

May 9th, 2022, 12:54
We'll need more people to share the "burden" in the future (if there's future). I mean even if someone doesn't post for a month, it doesn't mean that they couldn't continue posting the next month.

I have followed Couch's thread more actively than the main-page news. I think these are more informative and condensed although both are useful. Thanks for your efforts. They are not in vain.

largh

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

May 9th, 2022, 14:51
Posting news was fine and I enjoyed it. It was after becoming a mod that the hobby started becoming a non-paid job. Didn't help that I was the only news-poster.

It wasn't all bad though and I still share news.
Wow, I didn't realise you were the sole newsposter back then.

Thanks for all newsposting then and now!
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate 2, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)

May 9th, 2022, 16:33
There were always one "main" newsposter and some helpers:

October 2006 - April 2013: Dhruin
April 2013 - May 2015: Couchpotato
May 2015 - now: HiddenX

I got very reliable help from Silver over the years and for a few month from Redglyph as well. The most newsbits from the users came from henriquejr, Pladio and Lucky Day.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)

May 9th, 2022, 19:54
The weekly what's new this week in RPGs from Fextralife

Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you've been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we've got you covered! Here's a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Two more Vampire: The Masquerade Swansong Character Spotlight Videos

Emem has a reputation, her clubs are a safe ground for any and all vampires. But exposure to different beliefs makes you wonder if you've made the right choices, especially as the Camarilla's rules clamp down on you.
Power, wealth, immortality, at one point or another, Galeb has had it all. He's traveled the world, amassed a fortune, and established himself as one of the oldest and most feared Vampires in the city of Boston. And yet, he's left wanting, grasping for something he's lost. Or perhaps something that was never there to begin with.
Ultima Series Retrospective - GOG
In certain gaming circles, Ultima is one of the most iconic game series out there. First released way back in 1989, the series spans nine total games, and there are even spin-offs to explore if you've exhausted the main campaign.

With so many games available, it can be an overwhelming experience for newcomers to Ultima. Even those that have played the series before might struggle to jump back in.

We're going to give a brief overview of each game in the series and talk a bit about the spin-offs, as well. But, before we dive into that, we're going to take a trip down memory lane to talk about the series as a whole and its creator, Richard Garriott.
Thank You for Playing Lost Eidolons CB2 - Kickstarter
Thank you so much for participating in Lost Eidolons' second beta.

It has been an exciting opportunity for us to share improvements and additions since our first closed beta, as well as expand the Lost Eidolons experience to the Xbox platform.

Ocean Drive Studio team believes that player feedback is essential in shaping the game, so here is how you can share your thoughts with us.
Stardew Valley has sold more than 20m copies worldwide - Gamesindustry.biz
Updated press site shows popular farming sim passed this milestone in March 2022, with 13 million on PC alone
GOG Bringing Good Old Games Label Back to Life -GOG
Through the years, as GOG evolved, we explored many directions, and developed in ways that supported the needs presented by them. As mentioned in the first 2022 update, one of the things we’d like to do this year is to come back to our classic games roots, with the knowledge and experience that we gained during GOG’s existence.

Originally, GOG stood for Good Old Games. The idea for the company was born from the wish to play older games in a legal and easy-to-use way. As the classic games hold a special place in our heart, we’d like to devote more attention to highlighting them. It means that our goal is for GOG to become, once again, the best place for the classic PC games.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; May 9th, 2022 at 20:06.

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

May 9th, 2022, 20:01
I was one of the first who reported about Stardew Valley, but I never expected that it would be such a hit.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)

May 9th, 2022, 20:59
GOG Bringing Good Old Games Label Back to Life -GOG
Interesting article by GOG about their coming back to the roots and what value they add, I had missed that one.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

May 9th, 2022, 22:26
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post

I got very reliable help from Silver over the years and for a few month from Redglyph as well. The most newsbits from the users came from henriquejr, Pladio and Lucky Day.
I tend to just send news on games I like though. I don't prowl through tons of sites

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

+1:

May 10th, 2022, 00:12

Well, thanks to you all then.

Btw I miss Dhruin. Wonder how he is doing.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate 2, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale

purpleblob1

Princess

+1:

May 10th, 2022, 00:14
I was one of the first who reported about Stardew Valley, but I never expected that it would be such a hit.
I wrote a Watch review on it and still playing it till this day it deserves all its success. Fun game and ConcernedApe continued to release new contents over the years!
--

purpleblob1

Princess

May 10th, 2022, 03:32
Originally Posted by purpleblob1 View Post
I wrote a Watch review on it and still playing it till this day it deserves all its success. Fun game and ConcernedApe continued to release new contents over the years!
You can't argue with 20 million sales that is for sure.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)

May 10th, 2022, 10:08
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
I tend to just send news on games I like though. I don't prowl through tons of sites
The difficult part is reporting games you don't like much, made me sometimes feel like a fraud. I have no idea how freelance "professional" critics put up with it when they have to write entire reviews. No wonder some are biased.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Tags
interviews, mods, previews, reviews, videos
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News