Last game(s) you bought

Spellforce 3: Reforced

Hopefully I like it more than the earlier Spellforce titles which I tried but couldn't get into.

Let us know your impressions

Only played the first mission. It's a pretty solid HOMM3 homage. I'd say it's around 80% just like HOMM3 in terms of gameplay. And it has a pretty cool aesthetic and sound. It's also pretty polished for an early access game.

I bought the Final Fantasy Legend series, as it was on sale and it's a series of games that I've never played before. If they're anything like Final Fantasy I'm guessing I will enjoy all three.

From various recent sales:

GOG:
  • Legend of Grimrock 1+2
  • The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
  • Star Wars: KotOR 1 + 2
  • Homeworld 1+2 Remastered, plus Emergence and Deserts of Kharak
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • The Age of Decadence
  • Pillars of Eternity II Obsidian Edition
  • Witcher Goodies (free)
  • Quest for Glory 1-5
  • Samorost 1 (free).. interested in part 3, but I'll wait.

Steam:
  • Dungeons of Dreadrock
  • Sniper Elite 4 Deluxe Edition (for CoOp)
  • BELOW

Oh, I love me some QfG. I really should play them again some time. I have also never done a full playthrough from 1-5 so that is some motivation - the best I did was 1-4.

From various recent sales:

GOG:

• Legend of Grimrock 1+2
  • The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
  • Star Wars: KotOR 1 + 2
  • Homeworld 1+2 Remastered, plus Emergence and Deserts of Kharak
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • The Age of Decadence
  • Pillars of Eternity II Obsidian Edition
  • Witcher Goodies (free)
  • Quest for Glory 1-5
  • Samorost 1 (free).. interested in part 3, but I'll wait.

Steam:

• Dungeons of Dreadrock
  • Sniper Elite 4 Deluxe Edition (for CoOp)
  • BELOW
If you play Age of Decadence, let me k ow as it's very hard to get into...

Crysis Remastered

It was on sale on Steam, plus I got an additional discount because I own the original. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll be curious to see how it runs on my rig. I thought the original Crysis was pretty good back in the day.

Project Warlock seems to be a competent old-school shooter. I never played it but I intend to (just don't ask me when :))

You just missed a good sale. It was 80% off. :)

I tried it briefly. It's pretty basic and indeed old-school, but it also has some RPG elements too which I wasn't expecting.

Carnage Offering is terrible. Avoid that one. I already requested a refund.

Carnage Offering is terrible. Avoid that one. I already requested a refund.
Ah, was going to ask you about that one.

Project Warlock is decent enough, I would class it as "good but not great". Good enough that I intend to return to it, at any rate.
I've been meaning to try out the sequel's demo some time, to see how it compares.

You just missed a good sale. It was 80% off. :)

No worries, we can always await for that famous Steam Summer Sales just around the corner :)

I tried it briefly. It's pretty basic and indeed old-school, but it also has some RPG elements too which I wasn't expecting.

Wow, then my interested upped a little more! Thanks for letting me know that :thumbsup:

Just "bought" Portal Reloaded, or more precisely downloaded it since it's free if you own Portal 2 :p

I had completely missed that community mod which has been released about one year ago on Steam. The first two games left me wanting for more, and this one seems pretty good from what I saw.

I'll probably buy Moncage soon too. It's a casual puzzle game based on images you have to align similar objects in two 3D views and interact with items to progress. A video of it will be more clear than my description.

Just "bought" Portal Reloaded, or more precisely downloaded it since it's free if you own Portal 2 :p

I had completely missed that community mod which has been released about one year ago on Steam. The first two games left me wanting for more, and this one seems pretty good from what I saw.

That's funny because I was going to ask you if you had played the Portal games since you enjoyed INFRA. It reminds me of Portal 2 in some ways.

Let me know how Reloaded is. I'm generally not big on fan-made expansions. I liked those games though especially Portal 2.

That's funny because I was going to ask you if you had played the Portal games since you enjoyed INFRA. It reminds me of Portal 2 in some ways.

Let me know how Reloaded is. I'm generally not big on fan-made expansions. I liked those games though especially Portal 2.

I've done a few levels. It's clever! At first I had to discover some of the rules then it became more clear. But that doesn't make it easy, the time element adds a lot to the possibilities and it can be confusing to think about the solutions, in a good and creative way.

The quality looks about the same as Portal 2, but the new GLaDOS seems to have a little less personality than in the original games, though there were a few bits of dark humour. It's still early, perhaps it develops later.

I've never tried any mod for the Portal games so I don't know how good they are, but this one feels like a proper, polished game so far.

I saw an announcement that they are pulling Mistover off Steam and it's on sale so I got it before it vanishes forever. It's a game I always wanted to try and most negative reviews seem to be about the game being too hard, or the economy being too difficult to thrive on, which are things that actually motivate me to play it.

I'll see how that goes when I get some time!

Back
Top Bottom