The Last Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Very surprising to see the Panthers disintegrate in the playoffs like this after being so dominant all season. I'm not a fan of either team from Florida, but I'd rather see the Panthers advance than the Lightning.

The Panthers just never seem to fare well against the Lightening, I'm not sure what the psychological issue for them is as their roster is pretty solid. It would have been something special to see them progress.

Indeed, the Blues pulled out a win in over-time, and that was a most excellent game to watch. Tonight we'll see who breaks the tie between the Hurricanes and Rangers, and the Battle of Alberta may come to a close if Edmonton pulls out a victory!

I think I'm pulling for the Oil now, in spite of the Kenny Holland connection. Those fans have been supportive while watching total rubbish since the Gretzky years so they're due for a little happiness.

Edmonton would literally explode if they made it to the final round, let alone to finally once again grasp the cup. I'd love to see them pull all the way, some of the hardest working people in the game are on that squad.

And Gretzky might be the single coolest sports person I've ever met.

And zomg, Edmonton advances and does so in five games! I honestly expected this battle of Alberta to go the distance, yet the Flames singed themselves out for the most part, with stellar work from the Oilers taking up the rest.

The Blues/Avalanche game tonight will be well worth checking out, imo!

I think I'm pulling for the Oil now, in spite of the Kenny Holland connection. Those fans have been supportive while watching total rubbish since the Gretzky years so they're due for a little happiness.

If the Avalanche get past the Blues, I'll definitely be pulling for the Oilers.

On the other side, I'd like to see the winner of NY/Carolina (probably Carolina) take down The Lightning.

The Hurricanes are looking like quite the power house right now. I keep having this feeling it might come down to them versus Edmonton.

Which didn't end well for Edmonton the last time it happened. You wanna see an ugly side of Alberta, just mention that series to anyone that lived in the area at the time!

Yeah, it's not hard to assume the Hurricanes will come out the winner of that one since they've yet to lose at home in the postseason. They also haven't won on the road yet so I expect it to go 7 games.

And one more match-up resolved as of last night, Colorado advances after six games against the Blues. I really thought this one would go the other way.

I give huge props to the Rangers for making their current series go the distance, looked like NC might have runaway with this one in the beginning, yet that's changed, now. Game seven is going to be must watch!

Like I said, a game 7 was easy to predict in that series. The only thing that remains to be seen is if the Rangers can break the trend in the final game.

And the Rangers indeed did just that. In dominating fashion too.

I'm pulling for Edmonton and NY in the conference finals.

Nod, Hurricanes literally got clobbered in that final match-up. With authority. The Rangers have proven to me that they can go the distance, with some luck.

I'm expecting the game tonight to be top notch!

That was an odd game last night, wasn't expecting to see the score rack up that high between Edmonton and Col, lol. This one might come down to the most sober goal tender! -p

Back
Top Bottom