Out There: Oceans of Time - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Sci-Fi Space Exploration RPG Out There: Oceans of Time will be released today:

Out There: Oceans of Time

Explore a vast, breath-taking comic book galaxy as you and your crew race to stop the legendary alien menace who escaped on your watch. Out There: Oceans of Time is an ambitious blend of sci-fi interactive fiction, strategy, and survival like nothing you've played before.

In a far-flung corner of the universe where humans are a mistrusted minority, you were entrusted with transported the most dangerous being alive to an impregnable prison--and it escaped. Now you must lead a team of explorers, misfits, and bounty hunters on a galaxy-spanning mission of redemption to find the Archon and recapture it before it is too late.

Out There: Oceans of Time is the sequel to Out There, the half-million-unit-selling indie hit from Mi-Clos Studio. An ambitious new vision for the Out There universe, Oceans of Time will thrill fans of the previous game but you don't need to have played the original to love this new edition: Oceans of Time is a standalone story in the Out There saga.

FEATURES

• Explore an vast universe that is different every time you play
  • Meet strange alien beings and learn to communicate, trade, and conduct diplomacy with them as you build a coalition of allies in your quest to find the Archon
  • Manage your crew and officers, recruiting new members from the alien races you encounter
  • Lead your away teams on daring expeditions to probe derelict spaceships, ancient cities, and desolate planets to learn their secrets
  • Upgrade and maintain your ship, managing scarce resources that can be replenished through trade or planetary exploration
  • Captivating music composed by Siddhartha Barnhoorn (Antichamber, Out There...)
  • Weave your way through a epic branching narrative told through interactive cel-shaded cutscenes written by FibreTigre and illustrated by renowned artist Benjamin Carre (Transformers: Age of Extinction, Alone in the Dark)

Some gameplay by ObsidianAnt :

More information.

Neat looking game. I'm getting a modern-day Starflight vibe here. The only downer for me is no combat system.

The list of features sounds amazing - so whoever wrote them did a great job. I was compelled to look at the Steam page.

A game with all those features fully fleshed out would be slick - and so many promise that and don't come remotely close.

The screenshots look like tablet game complexity - but you never know.

I wishlisted to see what price pops up later and maybe see what youtube has to offer.

Im little afraid that the story and exploration of planets is not that much interesting as it could be. But maybe its just start of the game and it will be better later with bigger area to explore.

Preview:

Nod, I'm hoping for future updates/patches that might enable some sort of combat system, eventually. Without that I'm not likely to pick this one up.

I'll wait for updates, but definitely wishlisted

The reviews on Steam say that the main story is too short and it should be more polished.

Back
Top Bottom