Tortured Hearts - Development Update

Glad to see you finishing the game but I find the NWN modules to look better then this new Unity game. I mean no offense as you put a lot of work into this project.

"And when you say complex do you mean it has a lot of skill checks, moral decisions, choice and consequence..."

Yep. Tons of them.

Number of companions: 8

Thanks for the rest, however I don't really have time to make videos at the moment.
How about putting your questions like an interview and I'll eventually answer them?

From the single image the last page - assuming it scales well to 1440p - i think the graphics are more than adequate.

I'm playing on my 26 inch monitor using 1920 x 1200 and it seems good.

Naturally it's not an AAA graphics by Rockstar Games, but it would be impossible by one person. :)

I'm actually happy that I've been able to pull one of the hardest parts off.

From the single image the last page - assuming it scales well to 1440p - i think the graphics are more than adequate.
Yes adequate but I was trying to be nice with my reply above.

This looks like one of those $5 cartoon children games.

Link - https://www.bigfishgames.com/pc-games/
Just my personal opinion don't care if others don't share it.:cool:

As I dabbled with Unity and even played a few amateur games.

Found most lacking.:(

Update: I could be proved wrong and it might a great game despite the graphics. So moving on now since I don't want to be rude to a mod maker whose games I enjoyed.

Hey @SubBassman;, how's it going with the game? Any chance of an update please? Thanks!

Very up to date blurb on the site (if a bit vague):

"5. Jan. 2020 - Happy New Year, dear friends! Tortured Hearts is still being beta tested, although it's nearing the final stage. Thanks for your patience. Feel free to join the Forum. (You need to register above first)"

Niiiice. Can't wait for this one, it's one of my most anticipated titles coming up. :nod:

Very up to date blurb on the site (if a bit vague):

"5. Jan. 2020 - Happy New Year, dear friends! Tortured Hearts is still being beta tested, although it's nearing the final stage. Thanks for your patience. Feel free to join the Forum. (You need to register above first)"

Cool, nice to hear they're still making progress! Thanks.

Hi Guys

Just noticed this.

I've been working like a dog, so to say. :)

I've been doing this since 2008, so it's 12 years now. 8 years since that particular KS campaign. Very hard and demanding because I have to do nearly everything. During the years I got help from a few persons mostly on the combat, conversation and save/load front. Everything else depends on me and believe me, it's a lot.

I'm trying to do my best to make it as smooth and bug free as humanly possible. All I can say, the game is huge and very complex made for true, persevering hardcore gamers. What does that mean? Combat is difficult, you'll have to use whatever buffs you can find to show enemies who's boss. It has lots of text, so you'll read a lot. You'll have to use your brain too. Also, you can't run through the game in like 13 mins. Actually, I'd be surprised if you could beat it in a month.

I want to release a playable demo soon in our own web shop, but the shop is not ready yet. The demo will feature 1/3 of the entire game for free.

Some people may think I'm just lying or something. No, it's just freaking difficult to make a giant RPG alone.

Feel free to ask your questions if you have any.

https://imgur.com/a/J8Mu5gS

Insert image doesn't seem to work…

Wow, God bless u. Another maniac one man passion project that is sure to be freaking amazing. U are now one of my favorite devs, along with the Kenshi dev and the Brigand Oaxaca dev. Cannot wait for this game, #1 most anticipated. Sending positive vibes ur way brother. :iloveyou:

Would it make your life easier to release the demo via steam instead of creating your own infrastructure ? You could still sell the game directly but if steam or gog will provide keys for previous sales then that would reduce some of your burden while improving returns.

Hi Guys

Just noticed this.

I've been working like a dog, so to say. :)

I've been doing this since 2008, so it's 12 years now. 8 years since that particular KS campaign. Very hard and demanding because I have to do nearly everything. During the years I got help from a few persons mostly on the combat, conversation and save/load front. Everything else depends on me and believe me, it's a lot.

I'm trying to do my best to make it as smooth and bug free as humanly possible. All I can say, the game is huge and very complex made for true, persevering hardcore gamers. What does that mean? Combat is difficult, you'll have to use whatever buffs you can find to show enemies who's boss. It has lots of text, so you'll read a lot. You'll have to use your brain too. Also, you can't run through the game in like 13 mins. Actually, I'd be surprised if you could beat it in a month.

I want to release a playable demo soon in our own web shop, but the shop is not ready yet. The demo will feature 1/3 of the entire game for free.

Some people may think I'm just lying or something. No, it's just freaking difficult to make a giant RPG alone.

Feel free to ask your questions if you have any.

Currently we stick to our original road map.
Our shop is not only for TH but other kinds of digital intellectual property, be it ours or others'.

I'd avoid Steam too, if I was completely stupid. It's like writing a game in French only.

No, Imgur does not work.

When posting you can upload a picture from your computer/phone/tablet, via ‘Manage Attachments’ (the paper clip in the button bar).
See the thumbnail (click on it to enlarge it).

Second possibility is to upload the picture from your PC/tablet/phone to your album at the Watch. (User Control Panel: ‘Pictures & Albums’, Add Album, etc. After having created an Album: choose the Album -> Upload pictures.
After having uploaded the picture: click on the picture in your album, copy the BBcode (jpg-link) and paste it in your post right here.
That won’t give you a thumbnail (IIRC). The thumbnail has the advantage that you can see how many people clicked on it.

HTH.

Attachments

• F52A357C-B5D6-4707-8F59-398B42B33BAF.jpg
    F52A357C-B5D6-4707-8F59-398B42B33BAF.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom