Forged of Blood - Kickstarter: March 6

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Critical Forge informed us that the Kickstarter for their tactical RPG Forged of Blood starts tomorrow:

Forged of Blood Game Details:

A Fantasy Turn-based Tactical RPG, Forged of Blood places the fate of an entire world on your every decision. Engage in challenging tactical combat as you find your place in a morally grey fantasy world and decide whether the ends will ultimately justify your actions.

Key Features:

• Tactical Fantasy: Take to the field with sword and shield or cast powerful spells in deep turn-based tactical combat against monsters and men.
  • Classless Warfare: With 9 unique weapons and a vast magic system, Forged of Blood lets you build your characters the way you want - without being constrained by the typical tank/DPS/healer roles.
  • Science in Magic: Explore the freedom and mysteries of one of the most complex and unique magic systems ever attempted in video games. With 60 Effects, 18 Effect Modifiers, and 18 Global Modifiers to choose from, the possibilities for spell crafting are vast.
  • Kingdom at War: Command up to three parties of heroic characters on the strategic layer in your fight to reclaim the empire you lost.
  • Meaningful Choice: Your choices matter. From character building to your choices in the game narrative, your decisions will reverberate across the Strategic and Tactical layers of the game.
  • Your ends; your means: In a world of grays and unique perspectives, it is up to you to decide what is “right” and “wrong” for the future of Attiras. Forged of Blood will introduce a new Tri-Axis Personality Plot (TAPP) system in lieu of the traditional Good vs. Evil scale common in most RPG settings.
Current Schedule:

Pre-production: February 2016 – July 2016
Production: July 2016 – October 2017
Additional Funding Round: March 2017
Final-production: October 2017 – Mid 2018

Game related links:

Forged of Blood Website: http://forgedofblood.com/
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fobthegame
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ForgedOfBlood

About Critical Forge:

Critical Forge is a young studio with an old soul, looking to make the games we grew up playing. We are a small independent team based out of Jakarta, Indonesia, currently in production of a fantasy tactical RPG: Forged of Blood.
More information.

"Forged of Blood places the fate of an entire world on your every decision."

Wait, what?

Yeah… Can you feel the burden, Shae? You've been chosen the savior of us all! Now go kill those dangerous monsters and don't go fail us, eh? :D

Last edited:
Hmm, sounds like it could be a game I'd like but they don't give a lot of info to go on... Hoping the KS gets a little more into specifics than their website.

This looks quite cool - had a peek at the KS. Very ambitious though… How big is the team? KS has lost its sparkle for me so I'm very cautious about backing anything these days.

We are about 11 people now.

The target funding is 150k Singapore dollars which translate to USD 106+k. Unfortunately, quality work tends to be correlated with price and modern gamers tend to expect certain bar of quality. We tried to remove the risk for backers by taking the majority of risk ourselves by coming up with prototype and committing to see the project through regardless if Kickstarter is successful or not. We come to Kickstarter to expand on the narrative team for better variety of choices and their consequences, more sfx and more vfx.

I fully understand if KS has lost its sparkle to you given what happened to some of the project I personally backed. Kickstarting a project is a luxury choice that you should never feel obliged to. May I suggest to check our game next year during release? And if you could help us spread the word in the mean time, that would work great for us.

Thanks,
-Joe

Hello,

We have launched our Kickstarter. We have more information and gameplay video on the Kickstarter page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/criticalforge/forged-of-blood/

Thanks,
-Joe

I'm checking out the Kickstarter right now. One important thing I don't see mentioned there: what is your stance on DRM? Will you offer a DRM-free (non-Steam) digital copy. Whether it is released on GOG (ideally) or some other source like Humble store. I am happy to vote for your game on Steam Greenlight but strongly prefer DRM-free and having to use the Steam is pretty much a dealbreaker for me as far as backing goes.

I'm checking out the Kickstarter right now. One important thing I don't see mentioned there: what is your stance on DRM? Will you offer a DRM-free (non-Steam) digital copy. Whether it is released on GOG (ideally) or some other source like Humble store. I am happy to vote for your game on Steam Greenlight but strongly prefer DRM-free and having to use the Steam is pretty much a dealbreaker for me as far as backing goes.
A pirated copy is not a loss of sales as they generally won't buy your games no matter what the price is. As such, I feel DRM tends to inconvenient legit user more than revenue gained from implementing additional DRM beyonds what the Steam store provides. We intend to discourage piracy via updates after the game is released. How often, how significant and how long after the game is released, the updates going to be is unfortunately dependent upon commercial success of the final game. We would certainly try our best to do the game justice as this is a labor of love and not a get rich quick scheme.

We intend and love to distribute our game via GOG. However, we have not engaged a discussion with them. I understand the final decision would be on their hands. Assuming they say yes, the backer will be able to choose either a steam copy or a GOG copy.

Thanks for checking us out.

-Joe

Sent from my SM-G935K using Tapatalk

I like your candid statements regarding kickstarter and DRM.

@Joesys That is the correct response. I have decided to back this campaign and I'll get to work spreading the word.

Backed. I wish you luck.

Looks really cool! After recently spending some time with Dungeons & Dragons: Tactics (a tactical RPG for the PSP), I was hoping someone would make a good tactical RPG like it. Just curious, will there be any movement-based exploration on the maps? I.e. "Side dungeons" you can explore, or alternate paths you can take through a large level? Or are the maps generally for combat only and more along the lines of Final Fantasy Tactics and this sort of style? Thanks! :)

Edit - I shared the game on my Steam group. Good luck with the campaign! If you want to do an interview for it let me know. :)

Last edited:
Edit - I shared the game on my Steam group. Good luck with the campaign! If you want to do an interview for it let me know. :)

Hi Fluent,

We would love to do an interview with RPGWatch. I've sent you a PM

Thanks,
-Joe

Back
Top Bottom