Dark Souls 2 questions

While I love DS 1 and haven't started with 2 yet. I can't help but wounder what it could have become with even more RPG and story elements.

Telling a story through the complex world designs in the Dark Souls games consistently is not realistic (even proper, story focused games fail at that) and would dilute the sense of mystery in this complex world.

Moreover, when I stop playing a Dark Souls game, the only things that I think about is where should I go next, what armour and weapons are better for my next gameplay, what attribute I should level up, what equipment I want to buy/reinforce, how to solve a paticular puzzle, .. etc. The story is secondary for me and only adds magic to the place once I figure it out.

In Dark Souls 2, how can you drop inventory items into the game world (on the PC version)?

I have tried many things and the only thing that is available is the 'use' button after selecting a particular item in the inventory - but that just consumes or throws the items as appropriate, not drop it!

Many thanks

Sorry guys, I totally forgot about this thread. I should have subscribed to it since I started it.

@spoonfull— If you go into keybindings and then select the pane all the way to the right. What ever key you have for confirm is the key. Just highlight the item then press the confirm key and it will bring up another menu with the option to discard items.

Not sure why you"d want to though as you have an infinite inventory.

I finally finished the game. It was enjoyable but not in the same league as the first imo.

Towards the end I started to get tired of the mob mentality and just made my way to the end of the game so I probably missed a fair amount of end game content.

I will probably go back to see what I missed later but I'm a little burnt out on it. I did just play almost 400 hours with DS1 and 2 combined.

A hint that I learned late and was annoyed about is that most secret areas are now found with the interact button, not by attacking like in the first game.:mad:

I found the bosses to be easier than the first game I didn't run in to any that took me all day to beat like ornstien and smough from the first game.

I felt the first game was more fair than the second. IN DS2 it seemed if they wanted difficulty they would spawn in a guy mid fight or use poor camera angles in tight quarters where you loss track of your guy. ( giant boss towards the end, especially.)

My biggest disappointment would be the lack of good dex weapons. I ended up having to respec to a more str/dex build with the nod to strength.

Overall I felt everything in the second game was just a notch below the first but maybe that was because the formula wasn't new to me anymore.

The environments weren't as immersive, the world didn't seamlessly connect, the bosses weren't as interesting and it just didn't seem as fun as the first.

That's not to say it's bad because I hold the 1st game in pretty high esteem so just coming in under that still puts DS2 above most other games I've played.

Not a DS2 question, but...

I just installed DS1 because I wanted to give the PC version another try since I recently purchased a new controller. Anyways, I'm getting really poor framerates and I don't understand why. I've got the latest version of DsFix installed and the framerate unlocked.

I set the internal resolution to match the external one (1920x1200), and I've got SSAO and AA disabled, but I'm forcing AA through Nvidia Inspector. Fwiw, my framerate is pretty much the same with or without AA. I'm getting around 20 FPS in the starting area and it dips close to 10 FPS when fighting the Asylum Demon. Any ideas?

Not a DS2 question, but…

I just installed DS1 because I wanted to give the PC version another try since I recently purchased a new controller. Anyways, I'm getting really poor framerates and I don't understand why. I've got the latest version of DsFix installed and the framerate unlocked.

I set the internal resolution to match the external one (1920x1200), and I've got SSAO and AA disabled, but I'm forcing AA through Nvidia Inspector. Fwiw, my framerate is pretty much the same with or without AA. I'm getting around 20 FPS in the starting area and it dips close to 10 FPS when fighting the Asylum Demon. Any ideas?

You might want to try reducing the internal resolution as 1920x1200 is pretty high, and will probably cause a performance hit.

Don't know your setup, but it still sounds a bit slow, though. I do remember fiddling around with a few settings before getting it to look and run well, but it should be doable.

I'd consider trying 1280x720 - which I believe is the intended resolution, but I could be wrong.

I tried lowering the internal resolution all the way down to the default 1024x720 and it made very little difference. The framerate also varies wildly - going as high as the 60 fps cap and then down into the teens. 20-30 fps seems to be the most common range though, at least according to FRAPS.

Either DS1 just doesn't like something on my system or it's extremely CPU-bound.

Back
Top Bottom