NWN2 - Runescape Mod

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PC Gamer A group of modders has spent six years rebuilding Runescape in NWN2.

JGFGggRPZcpNG9JNPEEdkm-650-80.jpg

"I really enjoyed playing private servers on Neverwinter Nights," Aaron explains. "I also loved building my own maps-it was never anything serious, I was just a kid at the time. But at one point, it came into my head that I should rebuild an area of Runescape in Neverwinter Nights." Aaron showed his clan in Runescape his creation, and their positive response spurred him to keep building more and more areas for them to play around in. Six years later and that little hobby has turned into Molior RS, an ambitious recreation of Runescape built by Aaron and a team of four amateur modders.
[...]

Runescape's skill system is probably where Molior RS wrestles with Neverwinter Nights 2 the most, as the games feature drastically different mechanics and character progression. In Neverwinter Nights 2, which uses Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition rules, your character is the product of abilities like strength, wisdom, and dexterity, which further impact various skills, spells, and special feats. Runescape, however, features a much simpler system without class restrictions where players can level up every skill independently just by partaking in specific activities. Right now, Molior RS is on its fourth rendition of the skill system. It's been a massive undertaking only made possible thanks to Triston Barker, the lead programmer for Molior RS, and his ability to dive deeper into the Neverwinter Nights 2 toolkit and reprogram it from the inside out.
More information.

Sweeet...if only Arcanum would be recreated this way.

Nice. I think I recognize Baron's Adobe Pack in that build. Despite it's age, NWN2 remains the best build-your-own-campaign toolset available for D&D.

I don't know if it's true for the tool set, but it's mostly true for the mods...

confused thought folks said nwn1 was best and nwn2 (tool set) sucked ?

Mmm… opinions vary. There are pluses and minuses to each. I've used the NWN2 toolset quite a bit and it works fine for what it does. There's a couple of buggy areas still, such as the character wizard. But most of the early issues have been long since patched up.

I don't know if it's true for the tool set, but it's mostly true for the mods…

Yes, NWN has a lot more mods. YMMV.

Last edited:
Dabbled in both Tool Sets, the NWN Set was far easier to use, the NWN 2 Tool Set was much more powerful but needed a morbidly dedication to get something done...

Back
Top Bottom