Things you might like to know.

Kate Bush claims there are 50 or more.
At least one album title of her is so.

In another thread @Alrik Fassbauer; said:
I once read that Orange or Oranje indeed comes from the plant with the fruits of the same name.

In 2004, a few Orange-trees were planted to give a hint towards the Prussian connection to Oranje, and the newspaper wrote they were stolen shortly afterwards.

Here’s an excellent video that explains the relation between the Dutch and orange:
Ever wondered why the Dutch wear orange? Their flag is red, white, and blue. The short answer to this question is a very simple one, but there's a lot more to it than first meets the eye. I also look at the far-reaching influence of the Dutch, and how the colour orange has spread throughout the world. The Netherlands isn't the only country that has a national colour not on their flag though, as I discuss at the end of this video!

Yes, the Orange Order are also a significant group in the Protestant shenanigans in Northern Ireland and Scotland.

Using superglue on an USB memory stick is not recommended

pibbur

Last edited:
Now I'm having a mental picture fitting perfectly into Monty Pytghon's Flying Circus : A toad with an USB memory stick glued in the back is hopping away into a wood, towards a lake …

Sometimes I'm a bit frightened of my own imagination. XD

Umm, I’m scared to ask……why?
Removing the cap may require employment of sharp equipment in close proximity to fingers. Possibly also other body-parts, depending on technique and vision.

pibbur whose scars come from earlier periods of his life, mostly before invention of said liquid.

Removing the cap may require employment of sharp equipment in close proximity to fingers. Possibly also other body-parts, depending on technique and vision.

pibbur whose scars come from earlier periods of his life, mostly before invention of said liquid.

So superglue for fingers?

The backlash to appalling Leaving Neverland 'documentary' [the loosest possible definition of such] which aired earlier this year is coming to its conclusion in the very near future:

Today: Judge Wu will decide the future of the case against HBO who are being sued by the Jackson Estate.

October 4th: A court judgement will be delivered in the case of the French fan clubs who are suing the protagonists of the documentary, something that can't be done in the UK or US because only in France can dead people sue for defamation.

Currently in production: Taj Jackson is currently running a GoFundMe campaign to produce a series of documentaries that shed light on the 30 years of horseshit his uncle has had to endure, both in life and death. The fund currently has $170,000 of it's $777,000 target in the bag and a small army of people preparing to appear.

Wade verses Jackson: Wade, one of the protagonists of the Neverland documentary is continually trying to stall his civil case against the Jackson estate. On 12th June the judge refused yet another 120 extension, limiting it to just 30 days with no possibility of further extensions. The case, rather shambolically, continues.

The mass media has been continuously quiet regarding much of all of this and I've no doubt most of this is news to you, which is all in stark contrast to the blanket coverage of the seemingly unending spurious accusations made against Jackson upon the release of the 'docudrama?' by every avenue of 'respectable' media.

Of most significance is the mainstream media's delight in joining in the uncritical promotion of the Fining Neverland docuthing while steadfastly refusing to take even the slightest bit of interest in promoting an actual documentary that has no objective other than to detail a factual historical account of the 30 years of misrepresentations and lies that tore the musical icon apart.

Last edited:
Europe. Record breaking temperatures summer of 2019, well, more precisely: last week.
Highest temperatures ever since 1950 have the darkest color, far-red means it has reached the number one position. Lighter shades of red means it is in the top 5.
What’s missing on this map is the record of the highest temp in Norway: Laksfors: 35,4 °C (which is somewhere in the ‘middle’ of Norway, ‘halfway’, if I’m correct.)

AAF5dfS.img

I myself experienced 40.5°C in my garden. Which is absurd. Not an insect, not a bird was to be seen outside. Night temp, at midnight: 30°C.
I was thinking of migrating to Norway, but seeing Laksfors, I think I might change plans. ;)

I know there are places on earth that experience temperatures like the above on a daily basis, like the Sahara or the Middle-East, but those are dry places. The Netherlands has a lot of water. When temperatures rise above 25-30°C you get the feeling you are in a swamp. The air feels heavy. You can’t get rid of the sweat.

And before some of you laugh at us whiners in Northern-Europe: unlike the The Middle-East or Australia, buildings, parking lots, and infrastructure overhere are designed to get warm, to preserve warmth - not to keep heat out and stay cool. (No airconditioned houses here).

Last edited:
I know there are places on earth that experiences temperatures like the above on a daily basis, like the Sahara or the Middle-East, but those are dry places. The Netherlands has a lot of water. When temperatures rise above 25-30°C you get the feeling you are in a swamp. The air feels heavy. You can’t get rid of the sweat.

And before some of you laught at us whiners in Northern-Europe: unlike the The Middle-East or Australia, buildings, parking lots, and infrastructure overhere are designed to get warm, to preserve warmth - not to keep heat out and stay cool. (No, airconditioned houses here).

Absolutely true. I used to live in the middle east when I used to be a kid (30 years ago) and we used to go fishing or play basketball in the middle of the afternoon where temperatures are in the range 45 - 50 deg C. It was dry heat, the sun was bearable, everywhere air conditioning was available (Japanese cars were the best for that), and houses/flats were designed to let heat away (no double glazing, no insulated walls .. etc.).

Compared to the UK now, I can not stand in the sun for more than 10 minutes at 30 deg C without my skin blistering, and the humidity is unbearable sometimes at these temperatures.

A possibility for collectors/fans: the possibility to buy unreleased material of Pink Floyd.

Pink Floyd Announce 16-Disc Box Set of Band’s Late Work Without Roger Waters

Gilmour and Floyd recording engineer Andy Jackson revamped A Momentary Lapse of Reason for this release, adding lost keyboard tracks by late Floyd member Richard Wright and new drum tracks from Nick Mason. There are also 13 hours of unreleased material, including studio and live recordings and other video footage; the box set includes 6 Blu-rays and 5 DVDs along with its 5 CDs. There are unreleased concert films of the band’s 1989 Venice and 1990 Knebworth performances, audio and video of the band’s last live performance at a Syd Barrett tribute concert in 2007, and a film about the making of The Endless River.
[…]
Pink Floyd The Later Years is due out on November 29

The band has posted a clip of “Wish You Were Here” from the 1990 Knebworth concert, featuring Gilmour, Wright, and Mason with a crew of supplemental musicians:

In 2012, the Taliban shot 15 year-old Malala Yousafzai in the face for the offence of calling for girls to receive an education.

She was brought to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham, where we put our soldiers back together, and made a remarkable recovery. Today she graduated from Oxford University with a degree in philosophy, politics and economics.

So, maximum respect to Malala, and maximum disrespect to the Taliban.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...y-and-gratitude-graduating-from-oxford-degree

Is that Unreal engine?

That is fucking nuts.

I wonder how long until games will look like this?

Yep, definitely Unreal. It was on their community roundup. You can crank Unreal up to crazy levels of fidelity for filmmaking purposes. I think it'll be a while before we see that in quality in games.

I think my blood sugar level is low. Need to have breakfast. It's literally brought tears to my eyes. That's some crazy good graphics.

They could probably work out what sort of hardware would be required to run that in real time.

If this Thing You Might Like To Know is anything to go by we can expect about 30% more performance each generation.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-rtx-3080-time-spy-benchmarks/

It looks like the 3080, not the 3070, will have the 2080ti power.

I got lucky with my 1070, which has the performance of the 980ti. I guess the 1080s didn't sell well enough. :(

Back
Top Bottom