WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
I'll add +1 to this.

Switching to legend from any other possible myth path, regardless if you were lich, swarm, anything, I say okay, do it, why not.
But switching to anything else from Azata?
It's a sin! :D

@purpleblob1; @joxer;

Oh aye I thought about it a lot since then and realized a whole bunch of arguments on why switching would be bad and that just because X says I should doesn't mean I should.

Some spoilers in regards to the Mythic Legend (mortal) path below and Azata and Aivu:

… I mean I did the Legends to become mortal (on a test save as I wanted to know more about it and this was my chance) and each step where I removed some of my power Aivu got smaller and smaller. At the final stage she was removed from my party and was dissolving in a puddle of fairy dragon slime. It was horrendously sad. I believe later she comes back as an NPC dragon advisor but doesn't remember you. Not sure on that - was something I saw on discord even though I was trying to avoid spoilers.

Now in regards to what I learned about the story, the powers you get, and the paths - so bigger spoilers although I haven't gotten very far into chapter 5 myself - only the start. Mostly my thoughts on what I wanted to be able to say to a certain someone if I could have. Instead had to say it in my head … and here lol.

When Iomedae shows up all prissy over your powers coming from the Abyss … and the more I learned … the more I thought the Legend was the best path to be true to yourself and remove the tainted soul. I went through it all the way to the end with Areelu and Iomadea telling me I did the right thing..

The game seemed to push you towards this being the "good" thing to do - that being mortal and not dependent on power was the right choice. That keeping the power was bad and what Areelu and Nocticula wanted you to do.

At first, when I posted earlier, that was how I felt. But then I really started thinking about some things:

- Arue is a demon. She is not just tainted she is a demon. Yet Desna forgave her and she is becoming a good soul.

- Daeran comes from angel stock and he is hardly a good soul (although I laughed out loud about his comment when my character told Imodae off)

- Woljif's bloodline is from Baphomet and yet he turned out to be a pretty decent guy really.

- Lann was corrupted by a demon and he is a good guy

The point being that just because your character got some power from the Abyss doesn't make them inherently evil - what is important is what they do with it. Nor does getting power from heaven make you always good, i.e. Shamira in the Abyss or Daeran.

The two "demons" go on about power, freedom to do what you want, etc, but that is how demons view it, power more for selfish personal reasons and desires. You can also yield power to help others and be good - which they didn't focus on.

Iomadea is lawful. In fact her argument reminded me of what the devil says in the Abyss that you meet. That your power is chaotic and dangerous. That Iomeada shares that in common with a devil - because of law - was interesting. Course the devil wants to kill or control you while Iomadae gives you a choice to get help or go your own way - reflecting the evil/good aspects.

So overall my character is chaotic and sees that as natural. He doesn't believe in things the way a lawful god would.

I also didn't like the part about losing part of ones soul which I read in the journal when it was all done, that you had killed a part of yourself.

Iomade wants to "cure" your wound by cutting away the corruption, like a surgeon cutting off a leg or arm that is infected and can't be cured. So it is less curing your soul and more cutting out the abyss part. That felt a little wrong to me the more I thought about it.

A chaotic god like Desna seems more about accepting who and what you are and still doing good. I feel Lobo should accept both his light and dark side and learn to work with them versus killing part of himself, even if that part came from Areelu's experiments.

Granted I don't like the idea of keeping power from them but I rejected every offer they made to give me power and never used the Lexicon to get power. I think my own view on my character is he has made the power his own and is a good person.

Besides I don't want to lose Aivu or hurt her or the friends he made at his flying court.

Well another ramble. I am so glad the weekend is almost here so I can fully dive into chapter 5 and see what comes next. So excited to learn more!

Pladio do please clear the rumors that Aeon can convert certain person (sideswitcher;)) into an actual companion. Some sources say yes, some no, but they all agree in one thing that only Aeon specific dialogue can persuade that person into returning back.
I'd do it myself but I need to do the lich playthrough, don't have time for Aeon too. :(

I'm assuming this is much later into the game ?

Some spoilers in regards to the Mythic Legend (mortal) path below and Azata and Aivu:

… I mean I did the Legends to become mortal (on a test save as I wanted to know more about it and this was my chance) and each step where I removed some of my power Aivu got smaller and smaller. At the final stage she was removed from my party and was dissolving in a puddle of fairy dragon slime. It was horrendously sad. I believe later she comes back as an NPC dragon advisor but doesn't remember you. Not sure on that - was something I saw on discord even though I was trying to avoid spoilers.

I saw a screenshot regarding this on discord yesterday and I was horrified - I had to ping one of the CMs and ask why this must happen (so cruel).

And here's the good news:

It's a bug - Aivu is never meant to die like that but say goodbye to you and fly back to Elysium. Devs will be addressing this bug ASAP

Regarding the legend vs other mythics:

Iomedae is just a petty Goddess, afraid of you becoming powerful and you can achieve good outcome as non legend.

I just finished angel run and depend on how you RPed, Iomedae even invites you to heaven as her squad.

Oh good news thanks @purpleblob1; ... also on a side note did some Ember quests and chapter 5 and ... changing my mind on her. The surprise guest blew my socks off and was too funny. Lobo had a lot of fun teaser that person with the new title. So ... Ember is growing on me :)

So excited to see what comes next. I can see I won't be doing a whole lot this weekend besides playing.

Oh good news thanks @purpleblob1; … also on a side note did some Ember quests and chapter 5 and … changing my mind on her. The surprise guest blew my socks off and was too funny. Lobo had a lot of fun teaser that person with the new title. So … Ember is growing on me :)

So excited to see what comes next. I can see I won't be doing a whole lot this weekend besides playing.

I assume that you saw Ember:

Calling Nocticular the Redeemer Queen? I found it sooooo cool :D

Some kind of late tip, but I just remembered when loading my old save (hoping that the ending slides have been fixed, will let you know soon).

When you perform a full attack action, in turn-based mode it causes your turn to end prematurely. This is bad if you had swift actions that you wanted to use before that. Normally you can use them before the attack, but I sometimes forgot to do that, so to prevent that, there is an option under turn-based combat that prevents turns from being ended when the character's full actions have been spent.

Turning that option on helps especially if as me, you have characters with useful swift actions that you might want to hold to use after your attack, or you simply forgot to use before (ie, Lay on Hands).

Thanks, that is very useful for Fallout sidequest with mandatory TB fight.

Shrine of the Three - Worst quest ever created in the history of gaming. Not only are you stuck in the mind-numbing, soul-sucking turn-based mode with no way out but the entire design of the fight was clearly made by a devil from hell with the focus on trying to find the most un-fun ever way to design a combat.

In all my years of gaming this is easily the worse designed fight ever.

Shrine of the Three - Worst quest ever created in the history of gaming. Not only are you stuck in the mind-numbing, soul-sucking turn-based mode with no way out but the entire design of the fight was clearly made by a devil from hell with the focus on trying to find the most un-fun ever way to design a combat.

Is that the quest designed by, err, a 3rd-party?

IMO it wasn't worse than Blackwater (prepatch). :)
Luckily I had two dimension door spellcasters with me to disable traps fast - Lann sniping was crucial in destroying trashmobs.
To me the whole thing apart from water problems story, dwellers, overseer and other Fallout references was pretty much mediocre.

I have no idea why devs decided to enforce TB there. It's not like they disable TB in some quest for people who play the whole game turnbased.
Trolling the audience? ;)
Is that the quest designed by, err, a 3rd-party?
Dunno, but wouldn't surprise me if it is.

I used Lann who has DD and moves fast - he and Lobo (in wolf form) disabled things but it was still a long drawn out annoying fight with all the mirror images and healing. So glad its done.

Galfrey…is here?!

Maybe someone can help answer this - looks kind of suspcious to me

This is late in the game…

I returned from the Abyss, was told Galfrey had left with the Banner. Made my choice to keep my powers - then after N cutscenes (catching up!) Galfey (the missing Galfrey) appeared in the comman centre and wanted me to meet her (before we attacked the Fane - which happened ages ago). This looks like a bug ;/ I assume she was meant to say this to me before we actually entered the Fane in the previous chapter. Any way to avoid this? I can reload before I make my choice to keep my powers, if that helps?

I don't see this mentioned in the mini-patch that dropped today.

That is some serious bug.
When you return from abyss the queen is in Iz playing dungeons&dragons.
She cannot be in Drezen.
It has nothing to do with your powers but the game did not end the chapter 4 properly.

Can't suggest previous save as abyss city is not some small area to clear and there is no guarantee this bug won't hit again.
Go see what does she want now and continue playing as nothing happened, maybe it sorts itself.

I had another one when I returned.
I thought I might as well rest first, then go climb up to Drezen.
When I hit rest, the game teleported me inside the city on the crusade table with Irabeth telling me some unrelated nonsense, wtf.
I reloaded and proceeded with no resting till I reached the HQ on foot. ;)

That is some serious bug.
When you return from abyss the queen is in Iz playing dungeons&dragons.
She cannot be in Drezen.
It has nothing to do with your powers but the game did not end the chapter 4 properly.

Can't suggest previous save as abyss city is not some small area to clear and there is no guarantee this bug won't hit again.
Go see what does she want now and continue playing as nothing happened, maybe it sorts itself.

I had another one when I returned.
I thought I might as well rest first, then go climb up to Drezen.
When I hit rest, the game teleported me inside the city on the crusade table with Irabeth telling me some unrelated nonsense, wtf.
I reloaded and proceeded with no resting till I reached the HQ on foot. ;)

Hm . . . ¦I also rested after I returned? Didn't end up on the table with Irabeth :eek:, but maybe resting breaks something . . . I ran into a nasty Balor and aftrer it murdered my party decided we needed to rest to be on full strength to tackle it (still killed one person ...ouch! *smack*smack*lash*smack*lash*smack . . . etc) 60hp, 80hp, 60hp . . ) etc.

It is and guess what?

It's RPGCodex quest - they asked Owlcats it must be done in TB only

Hm . . . ¦I also rested after I returned? Didn't end up on the table with Irabeth :eek:, but maybe resting breaks something . . . I ran into a nasty Balor and aftrer it murdered my party decided we needed to rest to be on full strength to tackle it (still killed one person …ouch! *smack*smack*lash*smack*lash*smack . . . etc) 60hp, 80hp, 60hp . . ) etc.

? You shouldn't end up on the war table after rest unless there is visitor for you - always should spawn at your bedroom.

Yeah some fights in chap5-6 are so overtuned :

boboo… Balor?
Wait.

What was the last thing you did before this?
You are supposed to be attacked by balor BEFORE you go to abyss city, not after you return from it.
After you kill that balor, before you go to abyss city, the queen does tell you something, you know, such vomitinducing lines you can only comment with:
"bitch, please."
Sadly, that line is not in the game. :)

If the queen… Says something you keep company of supernatural beings and don't lead the crusade appropriately, don't worry, that's not a bug. ;)
Is the big angel with you or not?

It is and guess what?

It's RPGCodex quest - they asked Owlcats it must be done in TB only
LOL
No wonder a trolling attempt from them resulted in sheer mediocrity.
Will they ever get past trolling level amateur?
I mean they're stuck on the beginner level for more than 10 years now.

Back
Top Bottom