What games are you playing now?

Thank Couchpotato, that's interesting. I'm playing the EE version - I didn't play the original version so I can't compare really, but it still starts strong and gradually gets weaker as it goes along. Worth playing if you like NWN but not one of the better mods.

Last edited:
Thank Couchpotato, that's interesting. I'm playing the EE version - I didn't play the original version so I can't compare really, but it still starts strong and gradually gets weaker as it goes along. Worth playing if you like NWN but not one of the better mods.
It's actually the third mod from the author.

1. AL1: Siege of Shadowdale (Canceled Premium Module)
  2. AL2: Crimson Tides of Tethyr (Canceled Premium Module)
  3. AL3: Tyrants of the Moonsea (Canceled Premium Module)
All three can still be downloaded on the NWNVault.

That probably was the plan to make a sequel but something happened behind the scenes between both studios. Avelloneshed some light on that, but it was on the Codex.
I have no idea what was on Codex but I do remember some of CA's thoughts written elsewhere about life that can sum up in one sentence.
He did not want to play for a team he doesn't like and CEO couldn't accept such behavior.

As it happens he had a choice to show the middlefinger to the modern corporate culture where a teamplayer has no right to object on other team members added by CEO. Many weren't that lucky or should I say brave? One must pay bills, so it's not really go pro or go home, it's go pro or go hobo.

That aside, a sequel won't happen. The game tried something new but wasn't interesting enough to be mentioned as classic or mustplay in some future. Which is a shame.

I have no idea what was on Codex but I do remember some of CA's thoughts about life that can sum up in one sentence.
He did not want to play for a team he doesn't like and CEO couldn't accept such behavior.

As it happens he had a choice to show the middlefinger to the modern corporate culture where a teamplayer has no right to object on other team members added by CEO. Many weren't that lucky or should I say brave? One must pay bills, so it's not really go pro or go home, it's go pro or go hobo.
True but I was talking about stuff that happened with Paradox and Obsidian.:)

Okay, it's just I don't know what was written on Codex about anything.
IMO you don't need a specific confirmation from anyone in this case though.
Paradox = everything must be DLC:The Game
Obsidian = DLC:The Game is unacceptabe

Easy logic. ;)

Started Elex.

I believe I can fly.

Yeah, I'm just at the beginning and it's already awesome. It's good jank!

That's another game I snubbed for no reasons at the time, and exactly like for Kingmaker I feel stupid now.

Last edited:
I burned out on Elex, but I really liked the first area, Beserkers?

I burned out on Elex, but I really liked the first area, Beserkers?

Yeah, Berserkers were the first Settlemet you met, and which is also one of the three factions you can (and must) join. Personally chose the Berserkers as they seemed to be the sanest ones.

Well the Berserks seem to love their laws a little too much for my taste (they're kind of fanatical actually), and the Clerics are very religious (wich translate to "idiot" in my mind).
The Outlaws seem to be my kind of bunch: they like freedom and they use the most important resssource on the planet to make… Drugs!?
Sign me up, that's so stupid I have to be part of it.

But I'll probably make three playthroughs anyway to see everything.

Last edited:
I'm going to fire up Dragon Age Inquisition tonight. I played it on release and quite enjoyed it, but it didn't leave much of an impression and I quit shortly after the Hinterlands. According to Origin I still managed to rack up 28hrs of gameplay, which I'm a bit surprised by. I'm going to go with a mage or rogue this time instead of a fighter, I hear it's a better experience. Probably human I guess. Hopefully I'll get sucked in this time.

Paradox = everything must be DLC:The Game
Obsidian = DLC:The Game is unacceptabe

Easy logic. ;)

Hmm, I've worked with Paradox on some projects, they were quite nice guys actually.
I think the Obsidian/Paradox divorce was about that Paradox had great expectations… especially after Px hit the motherlode with Crusader Kings and Cities…
… but the numbers, oh those ugly numbers weren't lying. To my knowledge, the O/Px collaboration was a financial disappointment.

Picked up Bioshock Infinite for the Nintendo Switch as I haven’t fully replayed since the game first came out ... so why not?

Overall I would call it a solid port - the visuals look quite nice (about equal to what I see on my Surface Pro 7 with i5) and performance has been flawless so far (only a couple of hours). Controls are also quite solid ... but serve as yet another reminder that I continue to be utter crap with a console controller! :D. Nothing new, just that I have to play on ‘Normal’ rather than ‘Hard’ that I can manage on the PC.

(As an aside, I heard mediocre reports on Bioshock 1 & 2, so I skipped those ... and while the Borderlands Collection also landed, playing Borderlands 2 on the PlayStation Vita was an exercise in frustration so I decided to give them a pass).

Picked up Bioshock Infinite for the Nintendo Switch as I haven’t fully replayed since the game first came out … so why not?

Ahhh, the infamous Infinite…
To me, it was a big letdown when it came out and played through…
I think this is the typical self-obsessed AAA art game for the sake of being "artsy" and "meaningful".
- the gameplay is tried and tested, no issues here,
- the celebrated graphics is looking good, but surprisingly feels misplaced at times,
- the highly praised story is actually very simple and has serious pacing issues.

Anyways, IMHO a pretty decent shooter game, with a surprising misdirection.

Mr Levine, may I honorarily call you as Kojima-san of the West? ;)

Started up another game of Civlization VI. Got it for free at Epic Games Store a couple weeks ago. Maybe my threshold of "too much gaming" is low, but it feels like this game is really addictive and I play it too much. I've played two games of it so far, and since I downloaded it, Epic gave out the Borderlands Handsome Collection, which I haven't even touched yet, and they're going to hand out another free game today.

I don't know how anyone plays all the video games they're interested in. I don't know why people spend money on video games at all these days, with all these great games becoming free. And that's kind of a scary situation to be in when one is trying to make money by selling video games.

Ahhh, the infamous Infinite…
To me, it was a big letdown when it came out and played through…
I think this is the typical self-obsessed AAA art game for the sake of being "artsy" and "meaningful".
- the gameplay is tried and tested, no issues here,
- the celebrated graphics is looking good, but surprisingly feels misplaced at times,
- the highly praised story is actually very simple and has serious pacing issues.

Anyways, IMHO a pretty decent shooter game, with a surprising misdirection.

Mr Levine, may I honorarily call you as Kojima-san of the West? ;)

I have to disagree. Loved Infinite. The story was fantastic. Gameplay was better than Bioshock 1/2. And the world/music/themes were fantastic again. The ending was excelent. "Had my hair standup" excelent.

Started up another game of Civlization VI. Got it for free at Epic Games Store a couple weeks ago. Maybe my threshold of "too much gaming" is low, but it feels like this game is really addictive and I play it too much. I've played two games of it so far, and since I downloaded it, Epic gave out the Borderlands Handsome Collection, which I haven't even touched yet, and they're going to hand out another free game today.

I don't know how anyone plays all the video games they're interested in. I don't know why people spend money on video games at all these days, with all these great games becoming free. And that's kind of a scary situation to be in when one is trying to make money by selling video games.
I have more than 100 hours with Civ 6 and yes it's good. Not a freebie on my side, I bought whatever season pass included release version.
Refused to take Borderlands freebies as all I saw in vids were bulletsponge trashmobs, I don't care for such stuff and even if I claimed it, I would never play it so what's the point of having an even bigger backlog.

The reason behind civ freebie is easy. The base game sold expected number of copies and perhaps more. DLC however failed. So they gave you the base game for free but for DLC you still need to pay. There is nothing scary there, it's just business as usual.

The reason behind civ freebie is easy. The base game sold expected number of copies and perhaps more. DLC however failed. So they gave you the base game for free but for DLC you still need to pay. There is nothing scary there, it's just business as usual.

I figured Epic was making billions of dollars off Fortnight, and decided that instead of paying most of that as taxes, it would rather pay publishers to give away free games. And then if there are enough people getting free games on Epic, then there might be enough people going to the Epic launcher to play and buy games for the Epic Games Store to compete with Steam. And then Epic will make billions more.

Back
Top Bottom