End of Game Funk - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » End of Game Funk

Default End of Game Funk

December 12th, 2021, 23:44
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
That has become common practise in so many forums these days …
I think the cause is mobile phones. The last time I browsed a forum on my phone & went to post something it was a nightmare trying to do all the formatting.

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)

December 13th, 2021, 11:22
I think it'd then even be better to insert an @whatshisname than to quote just 10 tons of letters …
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

December 13th, 2021, 21:54
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
That has become common practise in so many forums these days …
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
I don't know if anyone else suffers from this, but it's what I'm in now and what I always get after completing a good game.

I recently finished Pathfinder Kingmaker & now nothing I play seems to satisfy me, I feel like I've spent too much time playing a computer game and should now 'do something constructive with my time', but just sit around itching to play another game.

But I can't start another game for some reason, not burned out, just that I know for a fact that there isn't a game out there I want to play that can bring me the same high as my last finished game.

It doesn't matter what the game is or what subgenre it is, it could be an Avernum game, a Civilisation game or a Nancy Drew game or anything really, just as long as it was a game I thoroughly got into and really dedicated myself to.

I look at all the great games I own and think "Now for a replay of XYZ", but then start them but tail off quite quickly. I'll try a few new quicker games but burn through them with barely a percentage of the satisfaction levels.

I know I have some more great bigger games to play, but am just not in the mood yet to start another in-deep game.

A sort of cold turkey period between finishing the last deep dive and starting out on the next. Usually about a month's worth.

Anyone else get this?
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
So I assume you know about Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous otherwise isn't your issue solved already ?
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
Oh jeez, did you really need to quote the entire OP just to do a one-liner?

& no, that's the thing, after the long-hauls it's pretty much impossible to immediately dive into another long-haul. Replaying the same game is different as the meta knowledge speeds everything up and removes the deep-dive aspect.
Yes

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

December 13th, 2021, 22:18
I go through this (games, books, a great series), sort of like a hangover. My recommendation is not to put pressure on yourself to find something "as good" and to play something relatively mindless for a while; let your brain reset. A good aRPG can help with this.

I've been playing some Grim Dawn and Hades lately. Maybe you could check those out?

rossrjensen

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

December 14th, 2021, 00:00
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
Yes

[5char]
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

December 14th, 2021, 00:03
Yes, that's the idea. Something kinda brainless but not entirely.

I've been playing Gladiator Guild Manager since ending P:K. It's a short game currently in Alpha but available on steam where you manage fantasy gladiators, not romans or anything, but elven archers, knights, shaman, orcs, dwarves, mages, healers etc.

After completing the short main quest you can choose to continue the game and just mindlessly grind for equipment, levels and practice. Once you've chosen your gladiators for battle, the battle itself plays out automatically, so it's very easy on the concentration. It does have enough depth to make it difficult if you don't apply any brain at all though.

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)

December 14th, 2021, 01:51
Nice! Added to my wish list!

rossrjensen

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » End of Game Funk