The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Yes, Taming The Flames is incredibly difficult, even at level 15, I found out the hard way.
Ammassing pots and fire-protecting items for it is a "must-have".

I do it with almost every toon, though, first, to train myself, kind of, and second, in hopes to get that fire elemental companion/pet one day ( I only need 300 or 200 for that now ! )

Ataraxia gives K favor as well, though we're still probably going to have to hit either Tear or Gwylan for their mass of XP at 7.

When did we last do Gianthold on a heroic life? We did epics on the current alts/last group, but I don't remember running GH otherwise in awhile. Then again, I don't remember last Tuesday.

Ataraxia gives K favor as well, though we're still probably going to have to hit either Tear or Gwylan for their mass of XP at 7.

When did we last do Gianthold on a heroic life? We did epics on the current alts/last group, but I don't remember running GH otherwise in awhile. Then again, I don't remember last Tuesday.
We skipped heroic GH this past life in favor of Archons, Rage and Necro4. We'll likely run them this time around, but I generally plan in 3-level blocks so GH range stuff is still two blocks away from getting mapped out.

Yes, Taming The Flames is incredibly difficult, even at level 15, I found out the hard way.
Ammassing pots and fire-protecting items for it is a "must-have".

If you know how the quest works it's not so difficult. The main thing is to avoid fighting all those fire elementals. The summoned ones don't move and respawn. So it's a waste of time attacking those. You just run fast past all the spawning points of the summoned elementals.

If you have a toon with evasion it's much easier to complete the quest. DDoor helps a lot too.

The quest is horrible if you don't know exactly what to do. Then you get killed moving around trying to figure out what's next.

It's actually easier to solo Taming the Flames than being in a group. Partly because of monster scaling, but also because you then control completely which monsters will spawn etc.

Most of the times we've wiped on this quest it's been because some players (I won't mention our party member who truly dislikes Super Mario parts of a quest ;) ) move into the big room with traps and lots of fire elementals and then fall down and get killed. That means the player with evasion who got the key has to get the soul stones of all the dead and in the process die too from the crossfire.

You handle the big room by flying directly down to the chest. Open the lock and then ddoor out if you can. A scroll of ddoor is the rogue's best friend here. All others stay away from the room and wait for the rogue to come back to them.

If you have plenty of past lives and reaper points then you can even survive all the fire damage. Especially on a tiefling sorcerer.

I wouldn't recommend Taming The Flames to a first lifer, though.

It's actually easier to solo Taming the Flames than being in a group. Partly because of monster scaling, but also because you then control completely which monsters will spawn etc.

I tend to agree.

I wouldn't recommend Taming The Flames to a first lifer, though.

Overlevelled - for Favour only - it's relatively easy.

Just tried (3 times) to update the game on my laptop and got a CTD each time part way through. (Hasn't been updated on laptop for several months). Any thoughts as to why, or should I just delete and re-download the entire game again?!

Which client did you use in the options ?

Is it possible that the system protects some files ?

And, too few space left on the HD, maybe ? Especially temporary space ?

Do we do a "Christmas run" this Friday, 24th ?

I'm unsure, because in the U.S. , it's usually the 25th, but here in Germany it's the 24th which is the most important day ...

I don't mind (although I'd prefer not doing it, imho), but if so, then I'd have to sleep a bit "forward", so to say ...

This week and next week are a wash pretty much. If a couple show up a run might be put together, but there's probably not going to be many showing. I'm probably only going to pop in for a bit and see if anyone is on, then back off since I have some minor stuff to deal with. The 7th of January will be the next regular session.

Okay, good. I'm still undecided whether I'll show up or not, but most likely I won't.

Bags are on sale. Good for Corwin ?

December Deals Final Week!
This is your FINAL WEEK of December Deals! Now through January 6th get:
75% off Augment Bags
50% off Iconic Heroes
35% off Cloaks
Now through January 6th!

DDO Market Sale
50% off Standard, Collector's, & Ultimate Fables of Feywild Expansion
75% off Standard, Collector's, & Ultimate Masterminds of Sharn Expansion
Now through January 2nd

Weekly Sale!
Build For Success!
Get 20% off:
Wishes for Memories
Tomes of Learning
Action Point Tomes
Select Enhancement Trees
Now through January 6th!

The Weekly Coupon:

Get a Free Jeweler's Toolkit
Coupon Code: SHUFFLINGGEAR
Now through January 6th!

The free Jeweller's Tolkit looks good, though, for working with augments. Everyone should use that code, I guess. These toolkits also fit into the shared crafting bank.

A few things are still announced ( source : https://www.ddo.com/en/ddodeals ) for "through January 2nd", but I can't see them in the shop anymore as discounted, which confuses me. Here, we still have December, 31st.

Don't Forget These Limited Time Offers
Last Chance to get Double Bonus Points! Get twice the bonus points in the DDO Store through January 2nd, 2022!

Back for a Limited Time: the Wish of Inheritance! Find it in the DDO Store through January 2nd!

+20 Hearts of Wood are back for a limited time! Get a bonus +5 Heart of Wood with your purchase. Available through January 2nd!

Since no one is on:

Happy New Year! It sucks because Betty White has passed away, but at least we can take comfort in the end of the world! :p

The week of January 24th-28th I will be in Nashville, and the following week of Jan 31th-Feb 4th I will be in Jackson, MS. TDOT and MDOT classes. So those Fridays my availability is contingent on me finishing the tests (both classes have their final test on Friday) early enough to make the drive home, and having energy to play. If I'm not there at gametime, run the alts.

Sorry, got home later than expected.

I might miss another Friday, but still lots of moving parts... We finally closed on selling the old house and buying the new one Tuesday and Wednesday, so we've got 30 days to finish getting our crap out of the old place and hand over the keys. Since part of that final push includes running the washer and dryer down to my oldest in Kentucky, there will be some coordination involved beyond just getting a small Uhaul for the last of the junk. We'll see how that all works out.

Happy New Year everyone. Look forward to meeting up next week; same Bat time, same Bat channel!! :)

Happy New Year to everyone ! :)

I still need to help my suister with clearing her old flat, but that'll happen today, so I think that I'll be on during the next runs.
The old house of my grandparents is also sold, but not finalised yet.

And, remember the saying : "When one door closes, a new one opens !"

Anyone else having trouble getting into the game? I put in my password, select Khyber, and the game just dies.

edit- forget it, I finally remembered having this same issue 6-7 months ago. Turned out to be some oddity with hibernation mode not waking up cleanly. Restart/off-on and all is good.

Last edited:
You Yanks always want to hibernate during your winter; move to Oz where there is no real winter and you'll stay awake all year round!! :)

Yeah, but then we'd have to deal with dingo dogs on the airplanes and teaching the schools, spiders three feet in diameter not counting the legs, and masses of snakes running for political office. We only have the latter here in the states.

Ice/Snow today, with tomorrow looking like it'll still be around, so I can't promise I'll have power by game time.

Back
Top Bottom