Turn Based Lovers - 15 Tactics RPGs inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Turn based Lovers assembled a list of games in the tradition of Final Fantasy Tactics:

15 Tactics RPGs inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics

• 0:00 Intro
  • 1:08 Voidspire Tactics
  • 2:17 Alvora Tactics
  • 3:10 Children of Zodiarcs
  • 4:06 Sword Legacy: Omen
  • 5:09 Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark
  • 6:06 Tactics V: Obsidian Brigade
  • 7:02 The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics
  • 7:46 Horizon's Gate
  • 8:45 Grand Guilds
  • 9:43 Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children
  • 10:45 Wintermoor Tactics Club
  • 11:45 Fae Tactics
  • 12:45 Tenderfoot Tactics
  • 13:35 Unsung Story
  • 14:36 Live by the Sword: Tactics
  • 15:10 Outro
More information.

Look at all those wonderful turn-based games! Heck, there are even some here that I've not heard of, let alone played. I'm playing Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children right now, and finding the whole mastery system rather complex, especially compared to how Final Fantasy did their form of progression. Fortunately the game is enjoyable enough that it's not off-putting.

There's a solid game called Hero Lodge that released after the holiday sale (way bad timing IMO as the game has been largely overlooked).

The combat is definitely along the lines of these types of games, only better in many ways than many, IMO.

It's a dungeon/party/rpg/turn/grid/team/management game with a tight loop and some really good combat for this type of game. Not rocket scientific but there's a fair amount of depth. The game has solid production values, a solid UI, solid controls, several interesting mechanics/things going on, and for me was immediately interesting and enjoyable.

I've only heard of maybe 4 or 5 of those. I've got Fell Seal, and that seems solid enough from what I've played.

Fell Seal was outstanding, I think I played the base game back in March or April. I've since picked up the additional content, and I'll be checking that out thoroughly when I replay the game.

Back
Top Bottom