What games are you playing now?

Well those things are true haha, but anyway i finished it as i said in other thread and its one of the best from 2020.

I played Yakuza 0 recently but honestly feels like a soap opera; maybe if they had english actors could have been enjoyable but those asian dudes cant act for shit, so gave up after a while. At least it had very cool minigames, from 13h played, almost half i did it playing darts and pool in the bar :lol:

Back to EQ2 for me, getting prepped for the next classic expansion release. This time I'm hoping it's a bit more fluid and not quite as janky as the Kunark release was.

K + M

I learnt to game in 70s, touch before gamepads, consoles et Al. I've tried but at least in this area can't teach and old dog new tricks.

Don't feel bad. I started gaming seriously in 1998-2000, and still can't manage the controller. Especially in games where aiming is a thing. Worst peripheral imo, but necessary for console gaming.

K + M

I learnt to game in 70s, touch before gamepads, consoles et Al. I've tried but at least in this area can't teach and old dog new tricks.

Same - I definitely struggle and often just notch down the game difficulty as a result.

Gothic 3 - ah good old memories, bought a new pc in 2007 just for this game :lol:

Gothic 3 - ah good old memories, bought a new pc in 2007 just for this game :lol:

I still haven't finished or gotten too far into Gothic 3, though I did try at least twice with the game unpatched, right after release, and twice with the community patches. It feels so aimless, and I think I just lose steam.

I do have a slightly different history with Gothic 3 than other people, so that might also be the issue. During my university studies I worked for about 3 months on a game testing job, and most of that time was spent alpha&beta testing Gothic 3. And I think that also burned me out, as I was spoiled quite a bit of the world and story, constantly stumbled onto issues and saw just too much of the issue-fest that the core of the game was.

So yeah, I might have killed even the little chance there was for me to enjoy it. Not sure if I'll ever properly play it. I think the most immediate thing that annoys me, and probably grinds my progress to a halt, is just how broken the melee combat system is, compared to Gothic 1 and 2. I forget how broken, I start the game, and then it all comes flooding back to me. And my excitement just deflates.

I played some of G3 a few months back to try it out on my MS Surface Pro 7, and it amazed me that while it worked fine, the default settings had really mediocre performance ... on a Core i5 8GB RAM (yes, integrated graphics, but more powerful than most discrete cards were 14 years ago!).

I restarted The Outer Worlds on Nintendo Switch as a big patch was released late this week. Definitely see both graphics and performance improvements, am trying to get to some of the big trouble spots to see if it actually gets at the core problems that make it a game I can’t recommend on Switch ...

Played a little bit of Cultist Simulator, after I found out the main story guy behind it was also the lead on Sunless Sea. And man, is it a weird game.

Mechanically it's a card game, but what it does through cards is simulate a role playing game, and it does this quite free-form. You start unlocking various activities that you can do, gather various resources as cards, and decide to use those resources in those various activities. And you basically write your own story. All set in what seems to be a lovecraftian 1900s setting.

It's all very much what you imagine for yourself, with plenty of flavor text to help. But it's very interesting. A sort of write-your-own-adventure, but with cards. Not sure if I have the patience right now, but it's very ingeniously done.

Played a little bit of Cultist Simulator, after I found out the main story guy behind it was also the lead on Sunless Sea. And man, is it a weird game.

Mechanically it's a card game, but what it does through cards is simulate a role playing game, and it does this quite free-form. You start unlocking various activities that you can do, gather various resources as cards, and decide to use those resources in those various activities. And you basically write your own story. All set in what seems to be a lovecraftian 1900s setting.

It's all very much what you imagine for yourself, with plenty of flavor text to help. But it's very interesting. A sort of write-your-own-adventure, but with cards. Not sure if I have the patience right now, but it's very ingeniously done.

It is very interesting, but boy am I bad at it. I backed it so I have the legacy version of whatever they call it where I have all the DLC they do for free (and they've released several)... I wish I had a better grasp of the mechanics so I could actually get somewhere.

I've been on a certain kind of strategy kick lately. Panzer Corp 2 mostly, but also Warhammer 40K: Armageddon (which is similar gameplay-wise), Fantasy General 2, Unity of Command 2, and a bit of Warhammer 40K: Gladius. Trying to talk myself into some other stuff, like a Civil War game. I want a really detailed, complicated military game, but I haven't found one that fits what I want.

Back
Top Bottom