Fallout 4 Bethesda Teases with possible Fallout reveal

wolfgrimdark

Follower of Fenris Wolf
Original Sin Donor
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/29/bethesda-teasing-fallout-announcement

Bethesda Game Studios has taken to Twitter to tease something Fallout-related - we just don't know quite what that is right now.

The developer's tweet uses one of the "Please Stand By" test cards used across the series (although this appears to be a brand new version of them), as you can see below:

Predictably, speculation is rife - one emerging theory is, with this October being the 10th anniversary of Fallout 3, a remaster or remake is on the way.

It's also possible that this is a spin-off in the vein of Fallout Shelter. Bethesda is working on a "bleeding-edge AAA freemium game", a mobile title (which may or may not be the same thing), and at least three other projects.

It's not clear when the studio will follow up on this tease, but you can be all but sure that we'll know more by the end of Bethesda's 2018 E3 conference on Sunday, June 10.

I doubt it has anything to do with FO3/New Vegas; even by Bethesda recycling standards, that tech is so old and the consumer base so diminished as to make it not worth the effort.

Perhaps they're leasing out the license to Obsidian again... in any case, I don't really care. After FO4, the franchise is dead to me and I'm eagerly awaiting news on Tim Cain & Leonard Boyarsky's project.

Just saw this... Interesting. IIRC, Bethesda isn't known for revealing Fallout games a year or more in advance, but didn't think we were due for another full game for awhile.

Fallout 4 New Vegas V.R. Special Edition for Switch
I'd say that's very plausible.:lol:

CH-How-can-something-be-so-plausible-idiotic-at-the-same-time.jpg

Ok, I do think this is intriguing. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but maybe Betheseda will return to the old school, classical rpg foundations of previous games, instead of the direction they went with Fallout 4. If so, I would be very interested in a new Fallout game, in a new setting!

Why don't they take a page from Ubisoft and the Far Cry series, and set the game somewhere exotic, for once. Why does it always have to be in America? I'm a red blooded American, but I get bored with this game being set here all the damn time.

Maybe set it on an exotic jungle island somewhere, or maybe Central America, or South America, somewhere that most games never even consider as a setting.

Seriously though, it's only been 3 years since FO4 and Bethesda usually doesn't announced stuff years in advance like other game companies. Plus, rumors were flying most of the production of FO4 regarding where they were scouting, etc. I've heard none of that so far, so I would be really surprised if it's FO5.

Yeah, either remastered Fallout something-or-other on the Switch, or some poncy spinoff game.

Yeah, unless it's Fallout 5 or TES VI, I really don't care.

Why don't they take a page from Ubisoft and the Far Cry series, and set the game somewhere exotic, for once. Why does it always have to be in America? I'm a red blooded American, but I get bored with this game being set here all the damn time.

Maybe set it on an exotic jungle island somewhere, or maybe Central America, or South America, somewhere that most games never even consider as a setting.

Because the 1950s America theme is a fundamental part of Fallout. Plus I don't see a tropical island making a very good post-apocalyptic setting.

I wouldn't object to a spin-off title set in a far-off country, but don't call it Fallout.

I don't see a tropical island making a very good post-apocalyptic setting.

I wouldn't object to a spin-off title set in a far-off country, but don't call it Fallout.

Floatout?

Wouldn't hurt them to actually, you know, be original and think of something new for the franchise instead of repurposing the same Super Mutants, Raiders, and ghouls (now zombies) that Tim Cain devised.

My bet is on the Switch.
Joking aside Fallout 3, NV, and 4 could be played on the switch. Last month I watched a video of Wolfenstein II playing on the Switch with a customized graphic setting.

Ok, I do think this is intriguing. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but maybe Betheseda will return to the old school, classical rpg foundations of previous games, instead of the direction they went with Fallout 4. If so, I would be very interested in a new Fallout game, in a new setting!

Based on an interview when asked Bethesda claimed because the concept of Fallout is based on life in Pre/Post apocalyptic America it wouldn't fit anywhere else. I wouldn't mind seeing a spin-off based in China, or even Europe, but it will never happen.

I wouldn't mind seeing a spin-off based in China, or even Europe, but it will never happen.
Please don't. There is no need to kill off other presidents.

Back
Top Bottom