Upgrading CPU to Ryzen 2700x

When the cpu reaches 99 C and throttles under high load i consider it an issue. I only had the issue with a single model (3 processors of the same model). It wasn't an issue in that hte processor still worked - it just throttled itself. Heck my 2500K ran cooler without a fan.

You know how a person can feel when their pet die?
Well, I feel down exactly like that after reading this.

It's a complex joystick for Elite: Dangerous, not an Atari stick. I want to pilot my ship through space and need the proper controls to do it. Can't be in VR and messing with a mouse and keyboard, can I? :)

It's a complex joystick for Elite: Dangerous, not an Atari stick. I want to pilot my ship through space and need the proper controls to do it. Can't be in VR and messing with a mouse and keyboard, can I? :)

Careful Fluent, you'll make Joxer's head explode.:biggrin:

Not the head. It's my digestive system that will errupt in all possible ways.

Not the head. It's my digestive system that will errupt in all possible ways.

So an extremely complex flight/space sim should be played with keyboard and mouse in VR? That seems a bit silly. But it's you joxer so silliness should be expected. I still ly <3.

So an extremely complex flight/space sim should be played with keyboard
Worked in Star Trek. All of them.
Sillyness is one thing, picproof of a concept is another. Feel free to be slave to plastic junk falsely advertised as very important gadgets though, your choice.

Worked in Star Trek. All of them.
Sillyness is one thing, picproof of a concept is another. Feel free to be slave to plastic junk falsely advertised as very important gadgets though, your choice.

How am I a slave to plastic junk? The VR experience is enjoyable and playing Elite: Dangerous with a mouse and keyboard in VR cannot work. There's nothing else to really spend money on and casually exploring the galaxy in VR with somewhat realistic controls sounds like something fun to do.

Hearing the word "realistic" now, my only reaction can be:

BackGoodBullmastiff-max-1mb.gif

Hearing the word "realistic" now, my only reaction can be:

BackGoodBullmastiff-max-1mb.gif

Why? Gaming is a form of escapism and VR space sim games are no different. Sometimes you enjoy the real world, sometimes you want to game and be in an alternate one. Why would that make you cry? Because a joystick is involved?

Back
Top Bottom