Neverwinter Nights: EE - New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A new premium module called Tyrants of the Moonsea for the Enhanced Edition of Neverwinter Nights is coming soon:

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea

From the developers of acclaimed adventure Darkness Over Daggerford, Ossian Studios, comes a new premium module for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition --> Tyrants of the Moonsea!

Based on the original module by Luke Scull, this new, enhanced version of Tyrants of the Moonsea vastly expands this former premium module by adding 70% more story and gameplay, as well as a a large amount of new art and audio content. Read on for details!

STORY
The harsh frontier land known as the Moonsea is besieged by demons. A mysterious cult has arisen, bent on death and destruction. Amid the chaos, war is imminent between the powerful city-states and their tyrannical rulers.

Accompanied by the dwarf merchant Madoc, you approach the town of Voonlar just as the worst snowstorm of the year hits. You soon discover that only you can prevent the total annihilation of the Moonsea at the hands of a legendary and ancient evil...

FEATURES
A 20+ hour high-level adventure set in the perilous Moonsea region of the Forgotten Realms! Featuring new monsters, new tilesets, 35 minutes of new music, and 1,000 lines of new character VO.

• An expansion-sized high-level adventure with 20+ hours of gameplay
  • Use the world map to explore 18 areas in the Moonsea region including Zhentil Keep, Cormanthor, Thar, and prominent city-states.
  • Recruit from 5 different companions for your party
  • 5 new monsters to do battle with
  • 14 new character portraits
  • 35 minutes of inspiring new music including exhilarating combat tracks
  • 1,000 lines of new character VO
PLUS - THE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK!
Composed by Mark Braga, Kalen Smith and Will Musser, the inspiring original soundtrack for Tyrants of the Moonsea will also be available on Steam!
Thanks apscp2006!

More information.

Store page says "coming soon". Probably a month or 2 out.

Interested, although I hate started high level as I have not played NN 1 in years and do not own the EE. Hmm.

Looking to do some multiplayer in this myself. I have both the diamond edition and enhanced Edition I wonder if adventures the cep and the PRC expansions work with both?

Well, that's interesting, but it would need to be pretty good for me to pick it up with an archaic engine like NWN. Even given the modest graphical improvements of EE. Unless perhaps they've implemented full party control, as in NWN2?

Awesome - just replayed the whole of NWN (OC, SoU and HotU) earlier this year! Love Ossian’s stuff for NWN 1 & 2, looking forward to this.

Would have been nice if they mentioned a GOG release seeing how they sell everything else there..

They're working on a new renderer apparently but no sign of when it will be ready. That should make stuff look a bit better I guess, but it's not a graphics overhaul.

There's a few other mechanical improvements (eg a better "keyhole" for seeing characters through walls) but otherwise it looks pretty much the same. The UI etc scales better but I imagine you could do that through mods on the diamond edition. There's a lot of background improvements that modders/builders seem to like though.

Does anyone know if this is based on Alazander's canceled premium module or a completely different project?

If you're planning to get this module, the NWN:EE is on sale right now at GoG for 66% off.

and 75% off on steam - but the reviews are just awful - and it is not petty things like comments on the graphics - but game ending bugs everywhere - modules not working correctly (even the original ones included with the game) due to bugs bugs bugs. Don't know the accuracy of these reviews but a lot of them are in the last 2 - 4 months.

If you're planning to get this module, the NWN:EE is on sale right now at GoG for 66% off.

I haven't come across any game ending bugs and all the modules have worked fine for me (including Aelund Saga etc). I've got 70hrs in the EE. Not saying there aren't problems, just that my personal experience has been positive.

Same experience I've had Pongo. Got NWN EE last Christmas and haven't had too many bugs. I played a lot modules and the original campaign.

I've tried getting into the base game a few times this year, and it just doesn't keep my interest for long.

The base campaign is pretty dismal. The only official one that was good was Hordes of the Underdark.

They're working on a new renderer apparently but no sign of when it will be ready. That should make stuff look a bit better I guess, but it's not a graphics overhaul.

There's a few other mechanical improvements (eg a better "keyhole" for seeing characters through walls) but otherwise it looks pretty much the same. The UI etc scales better but I imagine you could do that through mods on the diamond edition. There's a lot of background improvements that modders/builders seem to like though.

It depends what you mean by "graphics overhaul". The shaders look incredible. The new toolset also allows for transformation on virtually any object.

The console release for NWN:EE is scheduled for Dec 3rd so it will need to be ready by then.

displacement3.jpg

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dku2AiWrPb1UvjRDAoA7Gvnh_DNGIggmnWLsNtVhnLA/edit

Back
Top Bottom