The TV Series discussion thread

I've enjoyed all but the second episode of this season of Mando, so yes, it has improved.

The second episode was the best one!
If only I could remember what was it exactly about... :D

Episode 2 was great, except I personally didn't like it that Mini-Yoda kept eating the eggs. Especially that very last shot. I imagined lots of people yucking it up, but it left a sour taste in my mouth, no pun intended. Despite all that, I thought it was one of the better eps.

And I agree, episode 4 was terrible.

I think Ozark has been a terrific show for all three of its seasons.

I've liked all of the episodes of Mandalorian. Sure, some are better than others, but I can't think of one that I would have said was "bad" exactly.
Loved the return of a certain Star Wars actor and character in the latest.

And, yes, Ozark is an excellent show. Glad they got renewed.

Also quite like Bloodlines. We just watched the second to last episode, which was totally weird and f-ed up. I hope the final episode isn't as crap as that. I'm worried - it was so good up til now.

Episode 2 was the tedious, cliche spider cave. So overdone!! :)

Yet still better and more fun than the final movies trilogy.

They're using Bryce Dallas Howard for the filler episodes in the Mandalorian. I've enjoyed the spider cave, much less some other ones. I also appreciate they're re-animating some of my fav actors from the 80s (Apollo Creed, cpl Hicks), although the only reason they cast Biehn in that episode was for him to show his nasty side & then have him killed :) He can play vile and good characters equally well.

They're using Bryce Dallas Howard for the filler episodes in the Mandalorian. I've enjoyed the spider cave, much less some other ones. I also appreciate they're re-animating some of my fav actors from the 80s (Apollo Creed, cpl Hicks), although the only reason they cast Biehn in that episode was for him to show his nasty side & then have him killed :) He can play vile and good characters equally well.

Every episode has had a different director so far. I was surprised to see Robert Rodriguez (From Dusk Till Dawn, Sin City, Machete) in the credits for Episode 6.

She was in 2 at least, also surprised to see Carl Weathers direct a recent one.

https://twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/1337170861179117572

This could be very cool. Apparently the creator behind Fargo and Legion will be handling an Alien tv series. I hope it turns out cool.

EDIT: Actually I just read what they said in the post, and it's gonna take place on Earth? What the actual fuck? How will that work? Excitement diminished. :(

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/1337170861179117572

This could be very cool. Apparently the creator behind Fargo and Legion will be handling an Alien tv series. I hope it turns out cool.

EDIT: Actually I just read what they said in the post, and it's gonna take place on Earth? What the actual fuck? How will that work? Excitement diminished. :(

Could be cool if done right. Not sure how I feel about it taking place on Earth if that's true, but I'm a big fan of the franchise so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

Hawley did great things with Legion, the one Marvel production alongside Daredevil that didn't completely suck (until Legion's final series). Fargo is also good, at least the first three series were, I've not seen the fourth one yet. It sounds odd that it would take place on earth, but this guy has pulled things off before so I'll be interested to see where he goes with this.

We just started on Schitt's Creek last night for real - had seen a couple of episodes here or there before, decided to go end-to-end now :). We are not 'bingers' so this will be a fun distraction for a few months :D

I tried watching Schitt's Creek, as I'm a huge Levy fan, but I just didn't care for it. Not surprising to me, as comedies aren't usually big hits for me, although I've loved many comedians in my days, such as Foxx, Murphy, Martin, Williams (back when he was actually funny before he got Disney-fied).

I often complain about how terrible current television seems to be, but I've found two shows recently that I'm quite enjoying: Goliath, and Picket Fences ( a show I'm rewatching). Both are stellar, if you enjoy adult dramas. The ending of the second episode of Goliath literally had me wincing, it might have been the most stark television death I've witnessed since a Twin Peaks episode back in the day.

And now the awful....has anyone tried viewing a recent Doctor Who episode?? Wow, how this awesome series has died an ugly, painful and likely completely fatal death. How the mighty has fallen, I find nothing redeemable whatsoever in the show since Capaldi left. Even his episodes were not all that good, but at least they were viewable. Do not waste your time with this drek.

And now the awful….has anyone tried viewing a recent Doctor Who episode?? Wow, how this awesome series has died an ugly, painful and likely completely fatal death. How the mighty has fallen, I find nothing redeemable whatsoever in the show since Capaldi left. Even his episodes were not all that good, but at least they were viewable. Do not waste your time with this drek.

I used to be a big time Whovian when I was a kid. I got into it from watching reruns of the Tom Baker and Peter Davidson years, and then I started buying every Doctor Who book I could find.

I couldn't get into the modern show though. I tried watching some of the Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant episodes, but they didn't seem to have the same charm that the old show had, or maybe my tastes had simply changed by then.

I often complain about how terrible current television seems to be, but I've found two shows recently that I'm quite enjoying: Goliath, and Picket Fences ( a show I'm rewatching). Both are stellar, if you enjoy adult dramas. The ending of the second episode of Goliath literally had me wincing, it might have been the most stark television death I've witnessed since a Twin Peaks episode back in the day.

I saw the whole of Goliath, first season. It was pretty good for the first half, then it kind of went boring, if I remember correctly. I dropped out in S2, IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom