Baldur's Gate 3 - Adam Smith Interview @CGMagonline

I'm not sure what Orcs in LotR have to do with Goblins in the Forgotten Realms, but it's not like they set a very high bar in those films anyways.
I thought your initial remark was about goblins (or fantasy creatures) with heavy British accent? I'm just comparing the goblins in LotR, didn't know it was considered a low-quality movie ;)

I thought your initial remark was about goblins (or fantasy creatures) with heavy British accent?

It was about some of the characters in BG3. What does that have to do with LotR?

I'm just comparing the goblins in LotR, didn't know it was considered a low-quality movie ;)

I didn't say it was, although I personally don't consider Jackson's films very good. I was referring to the voice acting of the Orcs with the high bar comment. :)

Ah, hm… I see. Indeed a strange decision.

However I was more put off by the Drow's light skin color.

I play a drow and you have a huge range of color options for them so you can make them pure ebony if you wish.

Orcs/goblins having British accents is a tradition at this point. Don't blame LOTR. Blame Warhammer (not that I personally mind it)

The one that bugs me is arbitrarily Scottish dwarves -- why?

I play a drow and you have a huge range of color options for them so you can make them pure ebony if you wish.

"Any customer can have a drow painted any color that he wants so long as it is black.", HenryJr.

That's great, but still I'd expect drow NPCs to have darker skin. I know that by canon drow can also have grey skin color, but that would still be an exception.
The looks of this drow NPC just doesn't give me the drow feel.
However the voice acting is great!

Back
Top Bottom