InXile Entertainment - Preparing for a Major Project

Wasteland 76?

In July 2017 (before InXile got taken over by Microsoft) they received a big cash injection of nearly 5 mil (Gumi VR) to start work on an multiplayer open world sandbox wasteland type game. This is just giving that project a name.
True but a team of 100+ employees would burn that 5 mil easily. Microsoft cash more them likely paid to complete it, and and if it's an online only game I have zero interest.
Wasteland 76?
This is what I was afraid would happen when inXile was sold.

"Weird negativity in this thread.

Personally, I liked Wasteland 2 and loved Tides of Numenara, not to mention a lot of the older RPGs that Fargo and other folks at InXile have worked on. I'm looking forward to seeing what they produce. Little to no reason to think it's going to be a shooter or anything like that. That's not their roots or anything they've worked on in the recent past."

You are literally the first one I saw who "loved" this pretentious mediocrity that is Numenera, unfortunately I have to tell you that you're a poop lover. I guess life can't continue without poop lovers like you, it's the chain of life…

Weird negativity in this thread.

Personally, I liked Wasteland 2 and loved Tides of Numenara, not to mention a lot of the older RPGs that Fargo and other folks at InXile have worked on. I'm looking forward to seeing what they produce. Little to no reason to think it's going to be a shooter or anything like that. That's not their roots or anything they've worked on in the recent past.

"Fantasy is a solid bet but I reckon it could be a Strategy/RPG/Shooter type game."

What even is that? I can't think of a single game that could be called a strategy rpg shooter.

Numenera is so good that the sales have reached the basement, a huge achievement! It's so successful with millions of positive reviews on steam and now the devs are preparing to make a director's cut, a sequel and a threequel. But it's ok, don't feel guilty, it's ok to love poop some times.

Last edited by a moderator:
True but a team of 100+ employees would burn that 5 mil easily. Microsoft cash more them likely paid to complete it, and and if it's an online only game I have zero interest.

This is what I was afraid would happen when inXile was sold.

When a company takes over another company they still have to meet all existing contracts or the legal boys need to sort things out. The 4.5 from Gumi was just one of the sources of funds as well.

I supported on KS Wasteland 2, TToN and BT4. I tried to play but could not finish WL2 or TToN. I didn't even get enough willpower to install BT4.
I have zero faith that Inxile can produce a good game anymore. WL3 I have not supported, this time I decided to wait for finished product first.
And I cannot trust any of their future products.

It appears Microsoft is buying up these mediocre game developer groups to launder dirty company money and they absolutely do NOT care at all about the kind of junk these lame developers produce.

Microsoft has in the past put some good money into devs, if they get to do their thing with their resources then I think this is a good thing.

You both win the award for being correct.

Surprised that Shadowrun didn't come up yet. That's the game Microsoft published in 2007. That one was a multiplayer shooter. ^^

I supported on KS Wasteland 2, TToN and BT4. I tried to play but could not finish WL2 or TToN. I didn't even get enough willpower to install BT4.
I have zero faith that Inxile can produce a good game anymore. WL3 I have not supported, this time I decided to wait for finished product first.
And I cannot trust any of their future products.

I really feel sorry for you, because you missed a lot. BT4 original release wasn't my thing, though.
@DarkOzric; Welcome to my ignore list.

I've backed all their projects to date, and I'm eagerly awaiting the newest Wasteland, so I'm super keen on what they'll focus on next!! No, I've no guess at what that might be, but I'll be checking here for updates. =)

I've backed all their projects to date, and I'm eagerly awaiting the newest Wasteland, so I'm super keen on what they'll focus on next!! No, I've no guess at what that might be, but I'll be checking here for updates. =)
It's an online game so yeah enjoy. Just read the RPS article I quoted.;)

I'll post it again.
His desire for multiplayer action and more emergent gameplay will culminate in a “secret project” to be unveiled later this year, he tells me, which will combine inXile’s love for storytelling with the freedom of a multiplayer sandbox game such as DayZ or Rust. Those games often simulate the breakdown of a post-apocalyptic society perfectly, but have stories that are often just: “Here’s a rock, go,” he says.

“I’ve been completely fascinated by the emergent gameplay that comes from open-world systems, but yet we love storytelling, and so we want to explore how we might be able to merge those worlds,” he explains.

Numenera is so good that the sales have reached the basement, a huge achievement! It's so successful with millions of positive reviews on steam and now the devs are preparing to make a director's cut, a sequel and a threequel. But it's ok, don't feel guilty, it's ok to love poop some times.

Uh huh.

Wasteland 4: Fortnite Edition.

That line actually gave me chills. And not in the good way. While I would consider myself an inXile fanboy (I really enjoyed both WL2 and Torment, played through BT4 as well but would only consider that one ok) I'll
stop that habit if they move towards MP. Blasphemy I say.

Back
Top Bottom