More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)

June 13th, 2020, 23:11
Another Apples to Oranges opinion video again.

Anyway loved both as each game fills a certain need.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

June 13th, 2020, 23:24
The only thing that can be compared between Skyrim and any other game in the universe is the amount of bugs left unpatched by it's developer.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)

June 13th, 2020, 23:24
Why pizza is better than steak….

I like pizza more.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

June 13th, 2020, 23:26
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Why pizza is better than steak….

I like pizza more.
Don't know I love both, but for pizza yeah no contest. It's also cheaper.
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
The only thing that can be compared between Skyrim and any other game in the universe is the amount of bugs left unpatched by it's developer.
Well it's Bethesda enough said.

I still love the missing clothes bug and plot triggers not starting.

Same bugs with Fallout 4 as well.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

+1:

June 13th, 2020, 23:36
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
missing clothes bug
That's not a bug but a feature every game needs.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)

June 13th, 2020, 23:41
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
That's not a bug but a feature every game needs.
Yeah with mods otherwise no.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

June 14th, 2020, 00:10
Witcher 3 has vastly better stories. The graphics are a good bit better, too. (Not surprising… Skyrim is closing in on 10 years old now.)

Skyrim has so many mods that it's practically a design-your-own-game game. W3 certainly has quite a few mods, too, but Skyrim is just insane. It's also got more fun exploration/discovery.

Both have incredible sound tracks.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

June 14th, 2020, 00:55
I'm I the only one who is seeing some future AAA RPG battle between ES6 and the next Witcher game? If CDR Projekt jumps on a next Witcher game after Cyberpunk and Bethesda ramps up production of ES6 after Starfield, then I think we'll have a real race to become the lord of the AAA RPG.

One reason I think that ES6 is already in production is because they want a vast map with much bigger settlements than in Skyrim and this is directly in response to the size of the settlements in Witcher, where a small hamlet could almost compare to a city in Skyrim.

MAHak

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

June 14th, 2020, 01:06
Originally Posted by MAHak View Post
I'm I the only one who is seeing some future AAA RPG battle between ES6 and the next Witcher game? If CDR Projekt jumps on a next Witcher game after Cyberpunk and Bethesda ramps up production of ES6 after Starfield, then I think we'll have a real race to become the lord of the AAA RPG.

One reason I think that ES6 is already in production is because they want a vast map with much bigger settlements than in Skyrim and this is directly in response to the size of the settlements in Witcher, where a small hamlet could almost compare to a city in Skyrim.
Well the next SP Elder Scrolls is a long way off.

A reminder that The Elder Scrolls 6 is very far away - Polygon
You’re not alone in wondering when this is all going to be over — the wait for more information on The Elder Scrolls 6, that is. It was announced nearly two years ago, but very little about it has been revealed. Well, I suggest settling in for a long and patient wait, because we’re not going to hear anything about the follow-up to Skyrim for a good long while, according to Bethesda.

That probably comes as little surprise, but with the goal of setting expectations — so important right now — Bethesda senior VP of marketing and communications Pete Hines said on Twitter over the weekend that fans should probably expect The Elder Scrolls 6 details “years from now.”

Responding to a fan who asked for details on TES6, Hines said, “It’s after Starfield, which you pretty much know nothing about. So if you’re coming at me for details now and not years from now, I’m failing to properly manage your expectations.”
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

June 14th, 2020, 01:13
Well the next SP Elder Scrolls is a long way off.
then again, so is the purely theoretical next Witcher game.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

June 14th, 2020, 01:16
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
then again, so is the purely theoretical next Witcher game.
Probably not given the companies financial report the next Witcher game is probably already in development just unannounced, and will most likely be released first.

Cyberpunk 2077 is done already all that's left is post DLC and bug fixing. The Mp portion of the game is being worked on by another studio, and a small CDPR team.

Read that link and you will see ES6 wont be released till after Starfield which no one knows anything about yet. Then again it could take CDPR another eight years.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; June 14th, 2020 at 01:35.

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

+1:

June 14th, 2020, 02:28
It's 2020 and there are people still comparing TW3 to Skyrim? Geez.

axellslade

No Title Please

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
+1:

June 14th, 2020, 04:06
Probably not given the companies financial report the next Witcher game is probably already in development just unannounced, and will most likely be released first.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all those reports indicate is that there is SOME games in development. There is only assumption and speculation that the Witcher has anything to do with those games already in development.

Cyberpunk support will take a year, maybe more. If the next CRPR game is not a Witcher game, that will all but ensure that the next Witcher game (I do think there will be one eventually, or CRPR would not have bothered to ink a new agreement with Sapowski) could easily be 5+ years away. Unless maybe they plan to work with Sapowski on something original, a la George Martin III and Elden Ring? Now, there's a thought…

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

June 14th, 2020, 05:05
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all those reports indicate is that there is SOME games in development. There is only assumption and speculation that the Witcher has anything to do with those games already in development.

Cyberpunk support will take a year, maybe more. If the next CRPR game is not a Witcher game, that will all but ensure that the next Witcher game (I do think there will be one eventually, or CRPR would not have bothered to ink a new agreement with Sapowski) could easily be 5+ years away. Unless maybe they plan to work with Sapowski on something original, a la George Martin III and Elden Ring? Now, there's a thought…
You might be right but the industry rumors already point to ciri probably being the lead. As new interviews contain clues, but no definite answers. We'll see I guess.

We do know they inked a deal with Sapowski at least, and there was supposed to an RPG in 2020-2021, but that has been delayed due to Cyberpunk's development.

Wouldn't mind a new Ip with his writing either like Elden Ring & Martin.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; June 14th, 2020 at 07:42.

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

June 14th, 2020, 07:40
Nothing to compare here. Both games are great and both have their flaws.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

June 14th, 2020, 07:44
Not sue you can even work with Sapkowski. The guy seems to be a complete dick. I would interpret the new contract more as a giving him money to f off.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

June 14th, 2020, 08:04
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
Not sue you can even work with Sapkowski. The guy seems to be a complete dick. I would interpret the new contract more as a giving him money to f off.
CDPR won that legal battle without having to give him a dime, I believe. The agreement came later and seems to point to further colloboration. Not hard to imagine that CDPR's success and the TV show have changed Sapowski's outlook a bit.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

+1:

June 14th, 2020, 08:57
CDPR won that legal battle without having to give him a dime, I believe. The agreement came later and seems to point to further colloboration. Not hard to imagine that CDPR's success and the TV show have changed Sapowski's outlook a bit.
Of what you read in interviews with the guy and of what other people say about him, I would be surprised if they could work with him as they do with Mike Pondsmith on Cyberpunk. Time will tell.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

June 14th, 2020, 09:44
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
Of what you read in interviews with the guy and of what other people say about him, I would be surprised if they could work with him as they do with Mike Pondsmith on Cyberpunk. Time will tell.
Yes, and he is 71 and has not published anything related to the Witcher since 2013. And before that 2013 book the previous one was in 1999.

He has often said than he was not happy to be known for that and not his more classical books.

Kos

Watchdog

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Comparison with Witcher 3