Dragon Age 4 - New Images - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age 4 - New Images

Default Dragon Age 4 - New Images

June 19th, 2020, 05:22
PC Gamer reports on some new images for Dragon Age 4 which show a graveyard.

loading…


See the tech being utilized in making the next Dragon Age, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and more.

Thanks for checking out IGN's Summer of Gaming! Be sure to stay tuned to SoG as our editorial team shares hands-on demos, gameplay previews (including Xbox Series X gameplay and PS5 gameplay), developer interviews, and publisher presentations- and it's all happening in live broadcasts! Throughout June IGN will be showcasing new games, 2020 Xbox news, and PS5 news. Summer of Gaming will also feature news about upcoming games, 2020 titles releasing for Playstion 5 and Xbox Series X, and more exclusive gameplay footage.
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.
Silver is offline

Silver

Silver's Avatar
Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

#1

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 8,017
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

Default 

June 19th, 2020, 13:22
I don't think any of those pics are DA4.
Looks more like Destiny concept art. Whatever the name of Destiny clone is.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#2

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22,671
Mentioned: 190 Post(s)

Default 

June 19th, 2020, 15:40
Nah that is DA4 most likely. The red is most likely red lyirum. It fits into what was happening in DA3 in some ways.

I am interested, if only to see this game reach some conclusion to the ongoing story line with Flemeth, Fenris, and the Elves … but at the same time don't have my hopes very high.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
wolfgrimdark is offline

wolfgrimdark

wolfgrimdark's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#3

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 2,618
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

Default 

June 19th, 2020, 15:48
That's some pretty slim pickings…
--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#4

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 9,319
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)

Default 

June 19th, 2020, 16:42
I would have said quite chubby
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut
crpgnut is offline

crpgnut

crpgnut's Avatar
Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#5

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA
Posts: 8,145
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

Default 

June 19th, 2020, 17:04
'We have heard what you said about the games you want to play' is EA code for Live Services everywhere.
Kos is offline

Kos

Watchdog

#6

Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

June 19th, 2020, 17:37
I replayed Dragon Age Inquisition a couple of months ago and it was as great as I remembered (a great game), so I'm looking forward to DA4 a whole lot.
NFLed is offline

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

#7

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 645
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

June 19th, 2020, 21:21
I've enjoyed all the DA games but feel like there's nothing left of the BioWare of old and I don't have high hopes.

Console first design makes me queasy.

Games as services is not something I want any part of.

I don't need RPGs to be dating simulations.

I'll be OK with being pleasantly surprised if DA:4 ends up being as good as any of the previous games.
Voqar is offline

Voqar

PC Gaming Snob
RPGWatch Donor

#8

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 465
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

June 20th, 2020, 03:22
Probably DA4, but we definitely can't be sure. That red stuff is a lot more organic than the crystal red lyrium we got in DA3… though maybe it has infected plant life somehow? Bah. It's fantasy. No point dwelling on it. (Though I do hope we get to go to the Black City!)

Originally Posted by Kos View Post
'We have heard what you said about the games you want to play' is EA code for Live Services everywhere.
Haven't been reading much about Squadrons?
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Zloth is offline

Zloth

Zloth's Avatar
I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

#9

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 7,081
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

Default 

June 20th, 2020, 03:50
The EA live event was a waste of time. It was nothing but developers virtue signalling, and advertising switch games mostly. Most of the new games didn't interest me.

Based on the comments many viewers wanted a BioWare announcement. All we got was a short one minute tech demonstration about the upcoming unannounced games.

Hopefully DA 4 isn't a mess as EA/Bioware stopped development once already.

Link - https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/04/th…-dragon-age-4/
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”
Last edited by Couchpotato; June 20th, 2020 at 04:02.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#10

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great ol'Murica
Posts: 23,810
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

Default 

June 20th, 2020, 11:15
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
The EA live event was a waste of time. It was nothing but developers virtue signalling, and advertising switch games mostly. Most of the new games didn't interest me.

Based on the comments many viewers wanted a BioWare announcement. All we got was a short one minute tech demonstration about the upcoming unannounced games.

Hopefully DA 4 isn't a mess as EA/Bioware stopped development once already.

Link - https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/04/th…-dragon-age-4/
@Couch

Since when do you derail every discussion into sth about SJW? I'm fed up of that negativity. What you call virtue signalling I call talking your social responsibility serious. There is more than your truth, don't ya think?

On topic: Dark and gritty… mh.
--
blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
Bothka:
Ihr habt solche DRM Shops groß gemacht, indem ihr Steam als Vorreiter groß gemacht habt. Ihr könnt also mal alle gepflegt die Gusch' halten.
Sir_Brennus is offline

Sir_Brennus

Sir_Brennus's Avatar
Planeswalker
Original Sin 2 Donor

#11

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 597
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

June 20th, 2020, 11:54
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Probably DA4, but we definitely can't be sure. That red stuff is a lot more organic than the crystal red lyrium we got in DA3… though maybe it has infected plant life somehow? Bah. It's fantasy. No point dwelling on it. (Though I do hope we get to go to the Black City!)


Haven't been reading much about Squadrons?
Sorry, what is your point?
I expect a game from EA with MP to offer a 'little' shop and some subscriptions and so on and so on. You don't?
Kos is offline

Kos

Watchdog

#12

Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

June 20th, 2020, 12:07
I enjoyed DA:I quite a lot, till in later phase of game my characters became so powerful that further development became completely irrelevant. Killed the game for me. Hope Bioware is actually able to make good game in the state the company is after release of ME4 and Anthem. Time will tell.
Andrew23 is offline

Andrew23

Andrew23's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#13

Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 611
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default 

June 20th, 2020, 15:49
Originally Posted by Kos View Post
Sorry, what is your point?
I expect a game from EA with MP to offer a 'little' shop and some subscriptions and so on and so on. You don't?
That's been what they've been doing for the past half-decade or so but this Squadrons thing they're doing isn't fitting their mold at all. It's still got multi-player (though smaller, 5v5 scale) but it's not going to have any microtransactions at all and doesn't seem to have any planned DLC, either.

Now whether this is just some one-off that they've got no intention of following up with, an experiment to see how it works out, or the first change of direction I have no idea - but it gives me hope they may be returning to the Old Ways. (Though I would kinda like the DLC to stick around, personally.)
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Zloth is offline

Zloth

Zloth's Avatar
I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

#14

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 7,081
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

June 20th, 2020, 16:20
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
That's been what they've been doing for the past half-decade or so but this Squadrons thing they're doing isn't fitting their mold at all. It's still got multi-player (though smaller, 5v5 scale) but it's not going to have any microtransactions at all and doesn't seem to have any planned DLC, either.

Now whether this is just some one-off that they've got no intention of following up with, an experiment to see how it works out, or the first change of direction I have no idea - but it gives me hope they may be returning to the Old Ways. (Though I would kinda like the DLC to stick around, personally.)
I would love you to be right. They were very surprised by the success of Jedi: Fallen Order. They still present the Live Services as the heart of their strategy when they talk to shareholders so I have doubts about big investment games being launched without it.
Kos is offline

Kos

Watchdog

#15

Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

June 21st, 2020, 00:29
Originally Posted by Kos View Post
They still present the Live Services as the heart of their strategy when they talk to shareholders so I have doubts about big investment games being launched without it.
Yep, me too. I'm just saying back into the "fairly pessimistic" column now instead of the "don't even bother looking" category.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Zloth is offline

Zloth

Zloth's Avatar
I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

#16

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 7,081
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

Default 

August 27th, 2020, 21:57
Dragon Age 4 Gamescom 2020 Behind the Scenes Teaser

loading…
BioWare gives fans a behind the scenes first look at Dragon Age 4.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#17

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great ol'Murica
Posts: 23,810
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

August 27th, 2020, 22:15
Meh.

DA:O was the only game I enjoyed in the series. DA:I wasn't awful like DA:2 was, but it wasn't particularly enjoyable either for me.

Nothing here particularly excites me. The only stand out thing is the cover art on the vid.
--
“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”
Falksi is offline

Falksi

Falksi's Avatar
Sentinel

#18

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default 

August 27th, 2020, 22:16
That's so… bland.

However the game might still become a good one.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw


Currently playing: Crusader Kings III
Morrandir is offline

Morrandir

Morrandir's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#19

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,636
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Default 

August 27th, 2020, 22:23
I just can't get excited about Bioware anymore.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#20

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 27,717
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age 4 - New Images
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:31.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch