Genshin Impact - Closed Beta Impressions @ C4G - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Genshin Impact - Closed Beta Impressions @ C4G

Default Genshin Impact - Closed Beta Impressions @ C4G

July 13th, 2020, 21:15
C4G checked out the beta version of Genshin Impact:

Genshin Impact - Preview (An Ambitious Open World RPG) | Hands On

loading…

Genshin Impact is an ambitious action open world RPG. I recently received a beta code, and I got to play the game for a couple of hours. These are my first impressions.
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)

July 13th, 2020, 21:39
Didn't watch the whole of it, just skipped for a few scenes and noticed two things.
The mouse moves and clicks in menus.
Tooltips are keyboard keys.

Basically it means when finished, I'm buying.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)

July 13th, 2020, 22:19
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Didn't watch the whole of it, just skipped for a few scenes and noticed two things.

This. Not being "just another console port" is a big plus.

That and being rewarded for actually getting off the beaten path also means chances are high I'll be buying it.

axellslade

No Title Please

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

July 13th, 2020, 23:08
Originally Posted by joxer View Post

Do you not know how to use a controller or do not have the ability to get one? It really doesn't take anything away in games that don't require a ton of key strokes…I love laying back using a controller….oh noes guess I'm not rpg enough.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

July 14th, 2020, 00:43
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
Do you not know how to use a controller or do not have the ability to get one? It really doesn't take anything away in games that don't require a ton of key strokes…I love laying back using a controller….oh noes guess I'm not rpg enough.
It makes sense, pull back and relax a bit! Variety is the spice of life!! Wouldn't mind trying that!

Stahl33

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

July 14th, 2020, 12:20
this gets in my radar too.

Telstar

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

July 14th, 2020, 15:04
Already said this game is a beautifully relaxing game every heart patients should play after a heart attack. Also should be the basis of therapy.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

July 14th, 2020, 16:00
It takes a lot away from any game if you are forced to use input peripheral device you are not used to and dont feel comfortable with. So I fully understand why Joxer hopes for seamless m+k control scheme implementation. After all, if the gameplay is built around precise aiming, I might rather use k+m myself.

Andrew23

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

July 16th, 2020, 00:00
Originally Posted by Andrew23 View Post
It takes a lot away from any game if you are forced to use input peripheral device you are not used to and dont feel comfortable with. So I fully understand why Joxer hopes for seamless m+k control scheme implementation. After all, if the gameplay is built around precise aiming, I might rather use k+m myself.
This. And, depending on the kind of controller you have or prefer, getting it to work can be a bit of a hassle.

Rhawkas

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

July 16th, 2020, 17:43
Originally Posted by Rhawkas View Post
This. And, depending on the kind of controller you have or prefer, getting it to work can be a bit of a hassle.
Maybe 10 years ago…now it's pretty much plug the thing in and it works….I'm not sure which controllers you people are using that it doesn't.
--

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

July 16th, 2020, 19:54
Is that a problem for you? I never played a console game. I have only ever played K+M my whole game life (over 30 years). I never liked to use a controller or whatever the hell they are called.

What if someone came to you and told you to fuck off from PC games if you cannot use K+M? Would that not be totally stupid?

Kos

Watchdog

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

July 16th, 2020, 20:07
Originally Posted by Kos View Post
Is that a problem for you? I never played a console game. I have only ever played K+M my whole game life (over 30 years). I never liked to use a controller or whatever the hell they are called.

What if someone came to you and told you to fuck off from PC games if you cannot use K+M? Would that not be totally stupid?
This was being done? I was just stating how easy it was to use.
--

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Genshin Impact - Closed Beta Impressions @ C4G