Cyberpunk 2077 - Will have Microtransactions in Multiplayer - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - Will have Microtransactions in Multiplayer

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - Will have Microtransactions in Multiplayer

September 7th, 2020, 22:07
DSOGaming reports that Cyberpunk 2077 will have micro-transactions in its multiplayer.

CD Projekt RED stated in the past that Cyberpunk 2077 wouldn't have any micro-transactions or in-game purchases. Thus, a lot of gamers felt betrayed earlier today when it was revealed that there will be micro-transactions. However, these micro-transactions will be only available in the upcoming multiplayer mode. The single-player campaign, that will release in November, won't have any micro-transactions at all.

[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

September 7th, 2020, 22:11
Ok, not great news but doesn't affect me as I'm not a multiplayer gamer. Still, a bit worrying sign. Don't put this crap into the single player, or else!
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

September 7th, 2020, 22:31
Multiplayer Cyberpunk 2077 will not be a mode, it will be a separate product, and I don't care about it or the microtransactions that may or may not go along with it at all. Threats aren't necessary. There will no be such thing in the single player game that releases this November.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

September 8th, 2020, 00:33
That's how EA started.

Nereida

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

September 8th, 2020, 01:28
There is no multiplayer mode in CP2077, the mmo will be a separate game.
Unlike Wasteland76.

Anyway, I say milk'em. Whoever wants to mmo, skin them alive. You have my blessing. Not that it matters, but still.
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
That's how EA started.
Not really no. Some EA CEO said a long time ago all their games will be mmo.
Sims 4 somehow avoided that stupidity reserved only for CEO bs statements, and to this day I have no idea how's that even possible as all other games by EA got ruined.
EA still gets billions, from a business perspective the decision to mmo everything wasn't a bad idea. The problem is, these aren't videogames anymore but gambling (pachinko?) machines.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)

September 8th, 2020, 02:14
Old news as CDPR partnered with another developer to make the online version, and said it would have micro-transactions as well. This is just stirring the pot once again.

Yeah I don't like it but as long as it doesn't affect the SP version I don't really care.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

September 8th, 2020, 02:35
Everyone's saying: "OK, since I won't play the multiplayer mode, no harm done!" Yeah, right! Until those damn microtransactions prove to be a success and they choose to implement them in their next game's SP mode as well.

(I also won't care for the multilpayer part, but I do worry when they start to have those ideas)
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)

September 8th, 2020, 02:38
If they do eventually who cares really. It's modern gaming 101. Just look at the latest Assassin Creed games live services full of micro-transactions yet I still enjoyed them.

Also they have investors to please like every other publisher/developer. It's the curse of every RPG developer they get praised as a hero then slowly become a villain it seems.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

September 8th, 2020, 03:22
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
It's the curse of every RPG developer they get praised as a hero then slowly become a villain it seems.
I can't see this as a curse or fate. That shouldn't be this way
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)

September 8th, 2020, 03:24
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
I can't see this as a curse or fate. That shouldn't be this way
It's the price of fame and success. Leads to over-confidence and arrogance.

Take a long look at BioWare for reference.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

September 8th, 2020, 06:41

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

September 8th, 2020, 07:09
Yeah the pic is nice but I already said the same thing above already.

The article is definitely click-bait.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

September 8th, 2020, 07:10
Guess they want a piece of the GTA V Online money-making machine. Understandable. I just hope they don't dumb the singleplayer game down for the console/twitch gamers so they are attracted to the multiplayer.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

September 8th, 2020, 07:15
Anyway I stand by my prediction sooner or later CDPR will be another EA/BioWare.

@Wisdom your pitchfork stall is needed I sense the mob coming after me.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

September 8th, 2020, 08:18
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Anyway I stand by my prediction sooner or later CDPR will be another EA/BioWare.

@Wisdom your pitchfork stall is needed I sense the mob coming after me.
It seems like it happens to every publicly traded gaming company once it gets large enough. Outside stock holders see how much other companies make and demand higher profits.

If one needs to satisfy stock holders with new revenue streams, at least make it suck less CDPR and keep it away from single player games.

And yes, DSO-gaming sucks for anything but modding related news. Click bait and stirring up rage is something they do regularly.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 8th, 2020, 08:29
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
Guess they want a piece of the GTA V Online money-making machine. Understandable. I just hope they don't dumb the singleplayer game down for the console/twitch gamers so they are attracted to the multiplayer.
Me am dumb when me play consur…consool…console games, but I am a highly intelligent and discerning consumer of digital product when I turn to my computer machine.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

September 8th, 2020, 08:33
You damn dirty console peasant. - (In honor of Charlton Heston/Planet of the Apes)

--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

September 8th, 2020, 08:58
Saying "It's okay, I will only stick to single player, which is unaffected" is such an hypocrite thing coming from some of you, who have nuked every game who ever had anything to do with microtransactions even when they were strictly for the online mode and left single player unaffected, and never gave them the benefit of giving them the same treatment, only because the game was developed by a studio you're biased against, or it just wasn't your upcoming honeymoon (quick example, ME: Andromeda, amongst dozen others).

But hey, as long as you can lie to yourselves somehow and sleep well at night.

Me, I truly don't care about the online mode or the microtransactions, so for all the doubts I have about CP2077, this one I don't care and won't affect me, but I'm being
consistent with my way of thinking, rather than switching morality to my convenience.

Nereida

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

September 8th, 2020, 09:58
I don't recall ME: Andromeda catching flak for having microtransactions as much as it did for simply being a disappointing game to a lot of people.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)

September 8th, 2020, 10:02
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
Saying "It's okay, I will only stick to single player, which is unaffected" is such an hypocrite thing coming from some of you, who have nuked every game who ever had anything to do with microtransactions even when they were strictly for the online mode and left single player unaffected, and never gave them the benefit of giving them the same treatment, only because the game was developed by a studio you're biased against, or it just wasn't your upcoming honeymoon (quick example, ME: Andromeda, amongst dozen others).

But hey, as long as you can lie to yourselves somehow and sleep well at night.

Me, I truly don't care about the online mode or the microtransactions, so for all the doubts I have about CP2077, this one I don't care and won't affect me, but I'm being
consistent with my way of thinking, rather than switching morality to my convenience.
Who are you talking to?

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - Will have Microtransactions in Multiplayer