Cyberpunk 2077 - Official Night City Tour Trailer - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - Official Night City Tour Trailer

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - Official Night City Tour Trailer

September 18th, 2020, 23:27
A new Cyberpunk 2077 trailer:

Official Night City Tour Trailer

loading…

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 00:20
Posted on my forum thread that many probably missed.

Cyberpunk 2077 — Night City Wire: Episode #3

loading…
The third episode of Night City Wire is now available!
Cyberpunk 2077 — Postcards from Night City

loading…
Hi there, new to Night City? It's not so bad here…
Cyberpunk 2077 — Gangs of Night City

loading…
So which gang is the city's biggest and baddest?
Cyberpunk 2077 PC Minimum and Recommended Specs

Link - https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chor…_cyberpunk.jpg
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 00:29
The other gameplay video/promotional video they released was way better, talking about all the various gangs that are in the game.

I was pleasantly surprised, as someone not into or a fan of the cyberpunk genre.

They don't just have the stereotypical gangs mostly comprised of crazed killers and dumb thugs (though there is some of that) but they also have interesting (to me) gangs like an Asia/Far East themed type gang, and a patriotic 2nd Amendment lovers type gang, and another badlands based gang that I liked, and others that seem pretty interesting and cool as well.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 01:09
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
The other gameplay video/promotional video they released was way better, talking about all the various gangs that are in the game.

I was pleasantly surprised, as someone not into or a fan of the cyberpunk genre.

They don't just have the stereotypical gangs mostly comprised of crazed killers and dumb thugs (though there is some of that) but they also have interesting (to me) gangs like an Asia/Far East themed type gang, and a patriotic 2nd Amendment lovers type gang, and another badlands based gang that I liked, and others that seem pretty interesting and cool as well.
I've watched a lore video or two on the gangs in the Cyberpunk 2020 world, and there are a ton of them. I don't think they'll all make it into this game (I know people have openly speculated about the clown gang's inclusion in particular), but there seems to be a healthy variety.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
+1:

September 19th, 2020, 02:31
Not much to say here. It looks great, and I love the overall style. Can't wait to play this.

It's like GTA on steroids but in a much more interesting (to me) setting.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
+1:

September 19th, 2020, 02:56
Anything "like GTA" would bore me to death with just a peak on it and or I'd get suicidal thoughts if I saw copypasted helicopter controls from GTA.
Neither happened.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 10:27
Really good trailer. I like the way the cyberpunk dystopia emphasizes the phony, unctuous corporate nonsense on their TVs, against the dark and gritty reality on the ground.

If they pull of a well-realised city, with well-written quests, this could be a remarkable game.
--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 11:42
This game makes a lot of studios in the AAA playfield look like amateurs.

Kos

Watchdog

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 12:58
All these videos just make me want to play the game more.

Must have patience waited 7+ years already.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

September 19th, 2020, 13:03
Originally Posted by Kos View Post
This game makes a lot of studios in the AAA playfield look like amateurs.
We don't have a game yet. Just some shiny videos.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Crusader Kings III

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 13:19
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Must have patience waited 7+ years already.
You should become a game reviewer and get your review copy a month earlier

largh

Watcher

September 19th, 2020, 13:37
I'll certainly play this. But I remain semi-skeptical, only because the great parts about Witcher games were the characters and the writing of those characters. The world came in second, but a pretty distant second for me. I just liked hanging out with Geralt (especially as a protagonist… IMO, the best single player protagonist in any game, ever) and his friends and enemies. They were fun characters to be around. The gameplay was just OK for me, the characters and writing kept me playing.

We still haven't seen any solid examples of the characters or writing for Cyberpunk. Maybe this will be great! I'm hopeful that this will be a great game, it's just that all we've seen are flashy graphics and some archetype character models—so far. I'm not so hyped that it's a FPS, but there's been FPS games I've enjoyed.

Hoping for the best, but it's still too early to judge for me.

FizzyShellfish

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 14:26
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
We don't have a game yet. Just some shiny videos.
Yes, certainly. But, I would be fine just visiting this city at the moment.

Add some action, some bit of RPG, some Cyberpunk and some CDPR kind of quests? That is the Massive sherry on the top of a beautiful cake.

Kos

Watchdog

September 19th, 2020, 15:18
Originally Posted by Kos View Post
That is the Massive sherry on the top of a beautiful cake.
A massive sherry on top of cake? Never tried that, but I'm in!
--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
+1:

September 19th, 2020, 15:28
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
A massive sherry on top of cake? Never tried that, but I'm in!
Well I can make a nice Sherry Cake with Custard Sauce.

Absolutely delicious.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

September 19th, 2020, 15:36
Originally Posted by FizzyShellfish View Post
We still haven't seen any solid examples of the characters or writing for Cyberpunk. Maybe this will be great! I'm hopeful that this will be a great game, it's just that all we've seen are flashy graphics and some archetype character models—so far. I'm not so hyped that it's a FPS, but there's been FPS games I've enjoyed.
What they've shown doesn't seem like it's on the same level as the writing in TW3, but it might not need to be.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 15:45
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
What they've shown doesn't seem like it's on the same level as the writing in TW3, but it might not need to be.
Did you watch the full episode it had two short interviews. The second one talked about exploring and the writing. I also found a new interview today for those interested.

Exclusive Interview - Gangs, Cops, Corps, And, Erm, Doll Houses - The Gamer
CD Projekt Red just showcased the gangs of Cyberpunk 2077 in its latest episode of Night City Wire. Prior to airing, we got the chance to talk to quest director Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz for a deep dive into that very same subject. So pop on your cyber-eyes, inject yourself with a combat stimulant, and jack yourself in - we’re heading to cyber(punk)space.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

+1:

September 26th, 2020, 09:29
Cyberpunk 2077TGS 2020 Gameplay Demo

loading…

Quick warning the audio is Japanese.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

September 30th, 2020, 13:40
CDPR accused of over-working employees once again.

Cyberpunk 2077 Publisher Orders 6-Day Weeks Ahead of Launch - Bloomberg
Polish video game developer CD Projekt Red told employees on Monday that six-day work weeks will be mandatory leading up to the November release of the highly anticipated Cyberpunk 2077, reneging on an earlier promise to not force overtime on the project. Red, a subsidiary of Poland’s biggest gaming company CD Projekt SA, has been criticized previously for engaging in “crunch,” an industry term.

In the email, CD Projekt Red studio head Adam Badowski wrote that he was optimistic about the state of Cyberpunk 2077, which stars Keanu Reeves, and that they had just sent the game to be certified for release on Sony Corp.’s PlayStation and Microsoft Corp.’s Xbox. Now, he wrote, it was time to fix the game’s many lingering bugs and glitches.

“Starting today, the entire (development) studio is in overdrive,” Badowski wrote, elaborating that this meant “your typical amount of work and one day of the weekend.” The extra work would be paid, as required by Polish labor laws. Many other video game studios don’t pay for overtime. “I take it upon myself to receive the full backlash for the decision,” he wrote.

“I know this is in direct opposition to what we’ve said about crunch. It’s also in direct opposition to what I personally grew to believe a while back -- that crunch should never be the answer. But we’ve extended all other possible means of navigating the situation.”

CD Projekt’s Chief Financial Officier Piotr Nielubowicz responded to Bloomberg questions in an email saying that Cyberpunk’s Nov. 19 launch date won’t be changed, adding that the studio is working to eliminate most bugs at “the last straight,” -- the main reason it asked employees to work an extra day.
The part about lingering bugs doesn't sound to good either.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 30th, 2020 at 14:01.

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

September 30th, 2020, 13:59
I honestly don't mind another delay in this or any other game no matter how hyped I am, if those devs will be allowed to work normal hours. I really don't get how in the game developing industry it's just accepted that people will be forced to work overtime to meet often unrealistic deadlines, and usually not even receive an additional payment for it.

I'm glad at least these guys will be paid for the overtime, which as I said, is not always the case, and it's not even an option to not do the extra work to go about your life. This really shouldn't be a thing. Extra work hours should be always optional, and always paid additionally at higher rates., as regulated in most western countries. I get it's morally difficult to to make on-demand overtime optional for professions like firemen or doctors that may be needed to save lives there and then, but nobody will die because a game misses a release date, and the commercial departments that set release dates can either screw themselves or set more realistic release dates if they think the game won't be out in time.

Nereida

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - Official Night City Tour Trailer