Greedfall Hints and Tips

Want this game but the price doesn’t seem to drop much, anyone seen any good offers?

I sunk in a few hours and enjoying it quite a bit. Getting a little tired of backtracking + disappointed with lack of the dialogue choices present but other than those no complaints so far.

It appears that I can only do one companion quest at a time? I was tracking Vasco's personal quest and Siora just kept saying I'm busy so she won't bother me until I was done with Vasco's quest

Last edited:
I sunk in a few hours and enjoying it quite a bit. Getting a little tired of backtracking + disappointed with lack of the dialogue choices present but other than those no complaints so far.
Yeah the backtracking is strong with all Spider RPG games.:(

How'd you get past the nausea you wrote about in another thread?

Yeah the backtracking is strong with all Spider RPG games.:(

How'd you get past the nausea you wrote about in another thread?

I turned off all camera effects (head bobbing etc), turned up FoV to max, and set the graphics to lowest (the game lags badly otherwise on my PC which added to my motion sickness by running like a slideshow). I still can't play it for more than 2hours at a time - still suffering from mild motion sickness.

I turned off all camera effects (head bobbing etc), turned up FoV to max, and set the graphics to lowest (the game lags badly otherwise on my PC which added to my motion sickness by running like a slideshow). I still can't play it for more than 2hours at a time - still suffering from mild motion sickness.
Thanks I may have to try that as I also feel nausea after thirty minutes.:thanks:

I'm getting tired of political drama… I guess it's just not my thing. Starting to remind me of PoE2 factions.

Just finished the quest where Ullan betray Bridge alliance, another tribe of his people and De Sardet (well, lying is more accurate I guess). I hated him for his action but hey, apparently I just get more reputation with all Natives (even though one of their tribe was also one of the victims) and I don't get a chance to kill him. BAH!

Also, getting tired of some of the timed quests…. maybe I'm getting extra tired because of backtracking + timed quests combo.

At this rate, I might actually end up playing an evil character and kill everyone >.>

Also, I think so called big plot twists are… not really plot twists? It's just too easy to tell:

I think De Sardet is actually an island descendant and I think Constatin is sick with Malichor?

Last edited:
The big plot twist that isn't a plot twist is an answer on why Constantin suddenly got sick.
No game critic can answer you on that because they ignored sidequests. ;)

The game dragged on until lots of things happened all at once.

I knew De Sardet is a native and knew Constatin is sick with malichor but the reveal was quite emotional non-the-less. The Coin Guards coup timing was also unexpected although I knew they might be up to something.

The story kept me entertained from there on but now it's starting to fall apart again:

How is it Constantin's fault that the land is now being poisoned when Castach is the one who suggested and performed the ritual?? And now Constantin is going completely crazy but why? Just out of a pure will to stay alive by sapping out life from the tree or for something more? Doesn't really seem to make sense

Am I getting close to the end or is there a lot more to go still?

Am I getting close to the end or is there a lot more to go still?

Close to the end, sorta, it will be more linear now. Also, I think there is a few more side quests that appear by that point from the Bridge Alliance (including the side quest joxer is referring to) and Nauts.

Also, the Constantin's stuff make sense once you finish the game. You get to talk to him about it.

Close to the end, sorta, it will be more linear now. Also, I think there is a few more side quests that appear by that point from the Bridge Alliance (including the side quest joxer is referring to) and Nauts.

Also, the Constantin's stuff make sense once you finish the game. You get to talk to him about it.

Just finished the game after 32 hours... the ending... is anti-climatic and I still don't understand exactly what motives drove:

Constantin mad. Is it a combination of the will to live + the greed he inherited from the "old land"?

Also, why did that Dr Asshat infected Constantin and why didn't De Sardet get sick? Because she's the native, she is immune to Malichor?

I have to admit... eh... feeling rather disappointed at the moment.

Just finished the game after 32 hours… the ending… is anti-climatic and I still don't understand exactly what motives drove:

Constantin mad. Is it a combination of the will to live + the greed he inherited from the "old land"?

Also, why did that Dr Asshat infected Constantin and why didn't De Sardet get sick? Because she's the native, she is immune to Malichor?

I have to admit… eh… feeling rather disappointed at the moment.

Constantin is a narcissist. The power he got from the malichor + island link combo made him feel so powerful that he decided he would become a god and start anew to piss on everyone who he believe wronged him…which is to mean everyone but De Sardet.

De Sardet isn't exactly immune. In this setting, people have a connection to the land of their birth (i.e. the continent also has a "god", people there just forgot about it). De Sardet's connection is to the island, not the continent so they aren't getting sick as the island isn't sick.

As for Dr Asshat, he wanted to kill Constantin without a murderer being found. It was just political backstabbing, nothing more. If you read all lore books/notes/codex about the Bridge Alliance, you realize their talk of alliance between smaller countries and "peaceful" cooperation is all bullshit. It's a technocrat oligarchy with 0 ethics control. The governor for that faction on the island is the guy who wanted the "charlatan" killed by De Sardet in the starter town because he was a rival (you have to read some notes to find that out).

Constantin is a narcissist. The power he got from the malichor + island link combo made him feel so powerful that he decided he would become a god and start anew to piss on everyone who he believe wronged him…which is to mean everyone but De Sardet.

I just went back and read codex entry + other dialogues again but I didn't see any signs that he is a narcissist. Even after learning he is dying from malichor, he was thanking everyone who helped him (De Sardet, Kurt etc) and tried to take his responsibilities as well as he can.

In my view, I think the game is letting you decide on whether he's driven mad because he wanted to live so desperately (suffering from malichor pain + almost getting killed by the high king) or by the greed was always there hidden deep inside him. I'm more convinced with former...

I don't think narcissist is right, but there are some signs that show a certain hunger for power (motivated by his dysfunctional relationship with his father). And don't forget his whole introduction (getting wasted, and not for the first time, before setting of to the island). He's not a very stable personality. De Sardet is one of the few people Constantin actually likes, so you never really get to see him at his worst untill the very end. He's actively hiding his darker side. Which seems quite in character for someone raised to rule.

Finally (and I admit this is kind of a devil-ex-machina motivation) the malichor itself may be to blame. Afterall, the malichor is painted as the manifestation of the continent's greed and sickness. So that may have corrupted Constantin. Even though he gets healed, the psychological effects may linger? ;)

Back
Top Bottom