C2077 Is it playable?

Cyberpunk 2077
I ain't seen no Keanu yet, but then again I'm letting myself get sidetracked by side-jobs and other side-things, and refusing to use the fast travel, just walking and driving around, just letting it all soak in, and just, just, hey where is my penis? Must have chosen to switch genitalia off. Damn, feeling left out here.

I ain't seen no Keanu yet, but then again I'm letting myself get sidetracked by side-jobs and other side-things, and refusing to use the fast travel, just walking and driving around, just letting it all soak in, and just, just, hey where is my penis? Must have chosen to switch genitalia off. Damn, feeling left out here.

Yeah, it's easy to get lost in Night City. I'm finding it pretty damn immersive so far, and man it looks great.

I just went with boxers instead of a dick. It's funny that they put it in there, but I don't see how it adds anything to the game. I noticed there was even a penis size slider during character creation, but it was disabled. Not sure why they left it in there if it's not functional. Maybe it's for a DLC. :)

Yeah, it's easy to get lost in Night City. I'm finding it pretty damn immersive so far, and man it looks great.

I just went with boxers instead of a dick. It's funny that they put it in there, but I don't see how it adds anything to the game. I noticed there was even a penis size slider during character creation, but it was disabled. Not sure why they left it in there if it's not functional. Maybe it's for a DLC. :)
It's only disabled by default. You have to chose penis or vagina in the character generation screen. Then you choose the size and what type of pubic hair you want.

They included this because the game has sex with full nudity.

I thought I tried it out while I had a penis selected and it was disabled. I guess I'm just remembering it wrong.

Oh well... I don't find it particularly interesting.

I thought I tried it out while I had a penis selected and it was disabled. I guess I'm just remembering it wrong.

Oh well… I don't find it particularly interesting.
I remember trying it out and yeah, it definitely worked, and then I must have set it to none/underwear.
Oh well, I probably don't need to see my limp todger at any moment in the game. An amusement at best. :D

My specs are a I7-9700k and RTX 2080 super, running on 1080p on high settings and ray tracing with every option turned on and DLSS set to balanced. Had one scene where it didn't feel completely smooth and except for that it's been running great. Been playing for 4-5 hours so far.

Oh well... I don't find it particularly interesting.
I agree.
What I would find interesting is a slider for body height/width. Did I miss it or is there really none?

I agree.
What I would find interesting is a slider for body height/width. Did I miss it or is there really none?

Yeah, if the transgender people get their will through, then I must have the right to be fat in an RPG if I want!

Yeah, if the transgender people get their will through, then I must have the right to be fat in an RPG if I want!
Well spoken!
But more seriously... that's a pretty standard feature today. I guess they had problems scaling clothes/armour or something like that.

I didn't see anything like that. I would also have liked the ability to make V look slightly younger or older.
Yep, good point.

Playing on PC with a 3600 / RX 570 combo and an Ultrawide at 2560x1080. So far plays good enough on high for me, but i'm only about an hour in. I might pop in my 1060 a little later and see if it's better.

I've decided that the game looks pretty damn good. I'm starting to get a sense of the scale of the city. I drove over to Japantown, which is amazing looking. It does seem that I'm taking my chances if I drive fast over any long distances. My drive can't keep up, and a crash is very likely. It's easy to work around that, but a bummer that I have to.

With the existing keybind limits (not all keys can be changed in-game under settings) it became unplayable for me. But I found a short guide on how to change them:

https://www.gosunoob.com/cyberpunk-2077/rebind-controls-change-keybinds/

I was looking through that config file, and I found something very interesting. Apparently, they must have had a lean function at one point.

<mapping name="LeanLeft_Button" type="Button">
<button id="IK_Q" />
<button id="IK_Pad_DigitLeft" />
</mapping>

<mapping name="LeanRight_Button" type="Button">
<button id="IK_E" />
<button id="IK_Pad_DigitRight" />
</mapping>

I wonder why they didn't implement it in the final release. It's too bad because I think it would be a signficant addition to the gameplay.

For @JDR13; and anyone else wondering, the guide and key names I linked solved the issue for me.

I was able to fix all the key mappings completely to my taste. 200% difference. Where as last night it was taking 8-9 tries to complete each training exercise .. today I breezed through them all as if playing FO4 after 5 years. Okay maybe not that easy - but I didn't fail a single time, not even the optional advanced training tutorial.

What a difference it makes being able to map keys to what you are used to. No longer weird hand cross-overs over fumble fingers. I was able to map the F key to the ENTER key, the movement keys to their proper arrow positions, and from there all the important combat keys so they are within close reach of my left hand. Also a few custom edits for the UI and quality of life.

I have lost some respect for CDP though - they should have built this in from the start and not required users to learn how to edit their CONFIG XML files to do it.

Anyhow I can now continue playing where as last night was this " " close to uninstalling I was so frustrated :p

Back
Top Bottom