Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire Episode 2

Well I'm on the opposite side.
Nomad background suspiciously feels as GTA taxi driver rubbish so there is an almost zero chance I pick that one. The other two however, can't decide which one I like more. :)

:biggrin: That is fine, not surprised. I also know you have a thing against GTA V, and I just happen to disagree, and I think its a great game.

Yeah, there's always going to be gang culture in a Cyberpunk setting. It doesn't have to be all about gang warfare, but traditionally it was pretty much about people on the lower rungs of society in an advanced city that's gone a bit dystopian. There's plenty of scope for very different backgrounds within that, though.

:biggrin: That is fine, not surprised. I also know you have a thing against GTA V, and I just happen to disagree, and I think its a great game.

I'm kind of puzzled by how you are turned off by hoodlums, but think GTA is great. Surely that's all about violent gangsters and their exploits. What's the difference?

I guess I'll start corporate. I want to start in the night city and then find out about the outside, not the other way around. Not the street kid, because it's less original, although I'll play it after, just like Nomad.

That is one aspect of the game that doesn't thrill me, it seems a bit too "gangsta" in its overall theme and tone.

My sentiments exactly.

I didn't finish watching the 2nd episode since the music is awful and what they're presenting of the game doesn't interest me at all.

I never got into the GTA games and 2077 is looking more and more like a GTA clone to me. Could be LA at night for the most part.

I've been interested in this game for ages but the more I see, the less I'm enthusiastic. Hopefully it's just the dreadful way they're presenting it.

I'm kind of puzzled by how you are turned off by hoodlums, but think GTA is great. Surely that's all about violent gangsters and their exploits. What's the difference?

I know it can seem paradoxical or not make sense, but I like GTA V because it isn't just about the "gangsta life", you also get to play as a wealthy criminal/kingpin, not just the ghetto gangbanger, so its diverse. I like that you get to change characters frequently and play different scenarios and missions, for example.

And while it is "gangsta" related, its different in that there are other things that, at least to me, overshadow that feeling, like the ambience and atmosphere, and the re-creation of the Southern California area. For example, as the young hustler guy,you can leave the ghetto gangbangers area, and go to other environments freely, like the beach, the countryside, or a wealthy neighborhood somewhere with an entirely different feeling.

I guess its also because I'm from that area originally - I grew up down in southern California - so the familiarity and the way they did the re-creation so realistically also is very appealing to me. Plus, its just fun how much freedom they put in the game, you can do all sorts of shenanigans and so on, its just very different from many other games.

I never got into the GTA games and 2077 is looking more and more like a GTA clone to me. Could be LA at night for the most part.
The game looks nothing like GTA, only one background does.
From videos we've seen so far I get other vibes. A mix of Doom, Bloodlines, Deus Ex and insert any kinky visual novel title if was remade in 3D.

I want to start in the night city and then find out about the outside, not the other way around.
I think the other way round is also interesting. Starting outside, having lived in in the quite waste lands your whole life, and then seeing the wonders and lights of Night City for the first time seems appealing.

I guess its also because I'm from that area originally - I grew up down in southern California - so the familiarity and the way they did the re-creation so realistically also is very appealing to me.
Yep, that's really fascinating. I've visited California some years ago and stayed in LA for a few nights. Some weeks ago I downloaded GTA for free just to roam the city for a few hours checking the places I had visited in real life. The feeling is really there.
However I didn't feel any urge to actually play any missions. I wanted to drive to Santa Barbara instead. That wasn't possible of course, so I quit and uninstalled.

I'm going to play corporate as it fits the setting. One minute your on top of the world then tossed on the street and discredited. It's time for some revenge.

Probably do Nomad for my second play-through, and finally try the street kid last.

The way I typically play open world games, I don't want to see every major area all at once. So Skyrim, for example, I very consciously didn't go to certain cities or join certain guilds during my first playthrough so I'd have those to discover later.

In Cyberpunk 2077, that will take the form of districts. There's no way I'll zip around and see (even a fraction) of all six districts as soon as possible. I'll try to leave a couple until well into the game so I can keep that sense of newness alive. That mindset makes me think that starting as a Nomad and having literally the entire city to parcel out in this way would be very appealing for me personally.

I'm going to play corporate as it fits the setting. ...
Probably do Nomad for my second play-through, and finally try the street kid last.
Remind me on this so I remember to go street kid first so we can compare at least the intro stage.

You know what will be hilarious another announcement it's delayed to 2021.:lol:

I'm still hoping this will be a RPG, or at least, a RPG-shooter., and not just a shooter with the cool tag "RPG Elements" slapped on it. I've been vocal about how I'd hate for it to turn into GTA2077, so I won't beat the dead horse. I just want to have fun with the game, so I'll keep hoping. Not much else I can do since I pre-purchased ages ago.

I'm still hoping this will be a RPG, or at least, a RPG-shooter. I've been vocal about how I'd hate for it to turn into GTA2077, so I won't beat the dead horse. I just want to have fun with the game, so I'll keep hoping. Not much else I can do since I pre-purchased ages ago.

Same for me but the recent Night City Wire Episode put me at ease. :)

Something I recommence about is when an open world game has guns it almost feels like it's not an RPG. Still remember the comparisons saying Fallout 3 was oblivion with guns.

You know what will be hilarious another announcement it's delayed to 2021.
Then perhaps some of games that have recently been delayed to 2021 will be rescheduled to 2020 again. ;)

Then perhaps some of games that have recently been delayed to 2021 will be rescheduled to 2020 again. ;)

Not how it works sorry to say but still you made me laugh so +1 for you.:cool:

I have a feeling my social life will be kaput for at least a couple of weeks.
You have a social life?
Since when.

Back
Top Bottom