WTF? They ruined Darksiders 3 too?

Shagnak

SGLF Founder
What is it with developers? Have a good thing going, create anticipation by finally continuing a beloved franchise? should be the easiest thing to deliver on, right?? then deliver something completely NOT what the fans were looking for.

BT4, Fallout 76, etc etc (I'd include Sacred 3 and Dungeon Siege III, but no-one other than me cares about those :p)
Now it's Darksiders 3. Expecting another great 3D Zelda-ish experience? Nope, we're gonna give you another Dark Souls clone.
IDIOTS

(I expect it to get mostly good reviews regardless… unlike FO76. At least it isn't a bug ridden mess, I guess.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV4NBgofQh0

Last edited:
Yep I feel the same especially about Sacred 3. It was turned into a co-op abomination. As the saying goes change is not always better. Yet developers/publishers never learn.

Also your video is embedded wrong. Here is some helpful help advise.
Many new members seem to have difficulty getting a YouTube video loaded.

Most of the time you are simply using the wrong code, you have probably put the entire link between the YouTube brackets.

You just have to use the code from the YouTube URL in your browser.

Say, for example, you would like to embed a video with the link:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JFwCCL0Vh6U

Usage (but without the spaces):
[ youtube ]value[/ youtube ]

Given our example this means (but without the spaces):
[ youtube ]JFwCCL0Vh6U[ /youtube ]

So just use the number behind ?v=?

The main character looks interesting though. Seems you lose your 'souls' as you die but they never disappear, regardless of how many times you die.

Not sure if I would call Darksiders zelda-ish though, at least not no 1 which I'm playing now.

The Zelda influences in the first one are more subdued, but they kick in the more it opens up. The second is where one could argue they went with it in full force. As a result, people were expecting a progression per the pattern, rather than ditching.

What is it with developers? Have a good thing going, create anticipation by finally continuing a beloved franchise? should be the easiest thing to deliver on, right?? then deliver something completely NOT what the fans were looking for?

Sometimes difficult for developers.

Developers : More of what you what you liked!
Reviews : wtf.. Not innovative. Reskin of same system...

Developers : Something new.
Reviews : wtf... We wanted old thing...

I don't play Darksiders but I have a kinda similar complaint: The gaming industry no longer produces "tactical shooters". It is all movies and cinematic driven now, this pisses me off! I noticed this recently when I bought Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Vegas games, and was having a lot of fun playing, and then wondered why they no longer make games like this.

Back
Top Bottom