Sudden mysterious pain that goes away

I know Ripper you like to seem like you know things like…

Well not sure what you know …

I have spent 25 years in the world of Body building, health and training…

BTW thanks for missing all the rest of what i posted and pointing out that which you know nothing about ...

Yes. If you actually read the first and third of the articles you posted, they are trying to explain why your claims are nonsense. The one from Forbes is particularly clear. The middle one is just some misrepresented quotes given a spin by snakeoil salesmen.

Look, I don't care what bollocks you choose to believe, but if you're going to offer clueless health advice to other people, I'm going to warn them off.

Yes. If you actually read the first and third of the articles you posted, they are trying to explain why your claims are nonsense. The middle one is just some misrepresented quotes given a spin by snakeoil salesmen.

Look, I don't care what bollocks you choose to believe, but if you're going to offer clueless health advice to other people, I'm going to warn them off.

you are one special human...

All good...

Just a question, what do you know about food health if anything.

Lemon juice and warm water a total cost of 5 cents a day and keeping your body in better state ...and facts that....wait your right

snake oil...

No-one need rely on my claims to expertise, nor yours. They should seek information from qualified, independent sources. The Forbes article that you just posted is written by an M.D, and will do nicely. To quote from him:

To summarize before I go on: We are alkaline to begin with, so the idea that an alkaline environment is bad for diseases is simply wrong. Making the body more alkaline will kill the patient. Lots of other things can kill cancer or other diseases, but they will all kill the patient, too, like acidity, or heat, or deprivation of oxygen, or glucose, etc.

I have a feeling, and forgive me if I am jumping to conclusions here but I have a feeling that this question is about one of the latest trends in marketing : "alkaline" diets.

I described earlier that our blood pH is very (and I emphasized VERY) tightly regulated. One part of that is that there is almost nothing you can eat or drink that will affect your pH. Certainly not the "alkaline water" that is being sold everywhere now. Think about this. It's true that pure water is at a pH of 7.0, which is neutral. But does that really matter? We eat fruits, most of which are acidic. Are we saying that fruits are bad? Or what about meat? It has a pH, like most tissues, around the same as our body, so why drink alkaline water, when you can just eat meat? Does the idea that the pH of our food affects our blood pH even make sense? No, it does not.

And now let me take a more general perspective on this question. It is in a broad category of questions: I read somewhere [or heard, or saw in an advertisement] that doing X will cure diseases. So why don't doctors do X?

The answer to that is: Because X does not work in the real world, and X is being sold to people, hoping that the customer is too ignorant to know better.

You don't have an ex girlfriend that's also a witch? Probably has a little doll that looks just like you, repeatedly stabbing it with needles?

There is (are?) an enormous number of diseases, with veeery different causes. The claim that one factor (like acidity) is all-important, is therefore in itself meaningless. Besides many common diseases cause alkalosis, like certain liver and kidney diseases, hormonal disturbances, etc.

There is very little reliable support for the notion that what you eat will affect the pH in your body fluids in any significant way (unless your diet is very extreme). That's because, as others have said, blood pH is very efficiently regulated. Besides, the amount of acid we get from food pales compared to the huuuge amount of acid in the form of CO2 we get just from energy production. And as long as the lungs work, we have no problems handling that.

pibbur

Last edited:
You don't have an ex girlfriend that's also a witch? Probably has a little doll that looks just like you, repeatedly stabbing it with needles?

A very good suggestion. However, I would expect that in that case the pain would wander a bit. Unless she was very OCD-ish, of course.

pibbur who is a bit unsure about how to treat that particular case. Without commiting a felony. Unless one could get away wit self-defense (depending on what state you live in?.

Yeah, I've had a couple of (seemingly) relatively serious "health issues" in the past couple of years.

They've both completely vanished - without the slightest trace.

I have theories and ideas about the how and the why - but that's speculation, really.

The only bit of wisdom I can offer - and that's only based on experience and not an actual fact - is that the human body is a LOT more flexible and adaptable than a lot of people would have you believe, and that the state of your mind is a bigger factor than you would think.

The only thing I can say is that if you get cancer doin't be a fruit cake and go to mexico for a diet cure like steve jobs and see a real doctor. Many cancers can be treated if caught early (like Job's); but in late stages most are likely to kill you in the end it just might take a few years.

Back
Top Bottom