Banner Saga 3 - Voiceovers?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCGamer The Banner Saga 3 could be using voiceovers according to a reddit AMA. The Banner Saga 3 is currently on kickstarter.

During a Reddit AMA, Stoic admitted to having some "exciting news" regarding voiceovers-a feature which hasn't appeared in the series thus far-in line with the current Kickstarter.

"We hope to have exciting news about this goal. It is an expensive thing to get in the game for a small studio like ours, but it's something we'd love to offer the community," says the developer. "Can't say much more about it, but if you want to see this someday, please support the Kickstarter that we're currently running."

Reddit users were quick to suggest voicing their own interpretations of The Banner Saga's whimsical cast is central to their enjoyment, and that introducing professional voiceovers could risk belittling its charm.

"We have a lot of debate internally about that," adds Stoic. "Some folks definitely like that feeling you get from a novel that the voices are acted in your imagination. If it comes to pass, I'm excited to do some experimentation to figure out how to get it right. I love the voices we've worked with thus far, and want to maintain that level of Nordic grit."
More information.

Silver, if I havent said it recently ...
You are a rockstar for posting all the newbits. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom