Diablo 3 - New Inferno Difficulty

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Kotaku has news that Diablo 3 will have a fourth difficulty level named 'Inferno', which is something only the very dedicated Diablo 3 players will ever use.
Blizzard Entertainment game director Jay Wilson tells Kotaku that Diablo III's Inferno difficulty is aimed at players who have maxed out their character by reaching the level 60 player cap. Only then can they tackle Inferno difficulty, a challenge that will throw enemies at the player that are of even higher levels. Wilson says the level for every monster in Inferno will be, at minimum, level 61 making Diablo III's hardest difficulty setting an overwhelming, often uphill battle.
(In Diablo II, players could level their characters up to 99, but the highest level monster was 85.)
Monsters will see an increase in health, damage, damage resistances and aggression in Inferno. They'll also have access to a larger suite of powers in Inferno, making minions and boss monsters even tougher. Expect a tougher game across the board, with broader than ever challenges even for the most skilled demon hunters.
"The idea was that we wanted a difficulty mode where the entire game was viable," Wilson says. "So you don't have to pick and choose key areas [to replay]." Diablo III's Inferno difficulty, he says, will be "very difficult, very challenging," presenting a "flattened" difficulty experience that Blizzard hopes will provide a more balanced, but more challenging end game for Diablo diehards.
Thanks Kris.
More information.

Greatly looking forward to this more than ever now! Unique looking gear you can only get from Inferno mode will be worth a fortune on the real money AH!

Good thing I have no life and will be able to dedicate an endless amount of time to playing and hopefully finding stuff to sell!

Greatly looking forward to this more than ever now! Unique looking gear you can only get from Inferno mode will be worth a fortune on the real money AH!

Good thing I have no life and will be able to dedicate an endless amount of time to playing and hopefully finding stuff to sell!

You know, you could always get a job, earn more money and play the game too without playing it so much it'll spoil the fun.

Also, I like how people are always thinking about earning money with Diablo 3. Don't forget that the money comes from somewhere, and you won't earn a cent selling easy finds. You'll need some serious hours put into the game to earn even a few meager dollars.

Torchlight 2! That is all I have to say!

I think the "flattened" difficulty across the whole game is a great feature, having the whole game be a viable challenge and the rewards equal to the task is perfect.

I hated to do (excessive) "runs"....

This will be a much better solution ;)

You know, you could always get a job, earn more money and play the game too without playing it so much it'll spoil the fun.

Also, I like how people are always thinking about earning money with Diablo 3. Don't forget that the money comes from somewhere, and you won't earn a cent selling easy finds. You'll need some serious hours put into the game to earn even a few meager dollars.

Its ok to not like things…

I'm interested in this game, but since it seems like it will never get released, I haven't really followed it much. Have Blizzard hinted at a release date yet? What's the status?

If I were a betting man (and I sometimes am), I would put the release date at late 2011. Beta will be starting within the next 40 days, and it will be testing hardware and network infrastructure only (with room for subtle, minor game tweaks, based on feedback); in other words, short and sweet. They might still have the "when it's ready" philosophy, but they are not immune to pressure from higher up, and the allure of the holiday buying season.

I don't like a few of their design decisions; however, this one was a great move. As for the, inevitable, TL2 comments- I'm sure that it will be a good game as well; however, I have not yet seen anything to lead me to believe that it will be as visceral or satisfying as D3 to play (but don't get me wrong, I have been rooting for these good folks since HG:L killed Mythos).

Yeah, I'll go with Torchlight 2 instead, since now we all know about the aodrm.

Back
Top Bottom