• Baldur's Gate

Votes: 41 20.0%
  • Gothic

Votes: 47 22.9%
  • NWN

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters
….
Newer series get a lesser chance with me, as they were after my childhood and lack the same magic for just that reason. But even amongst them are some of my favorite games.

Not sure why but I'm not concerned by this syndrome, sure my first RPG I played, end of 80's and first years of 90's was great experience. But replay oldies just don't work for me, the only one that worked those last ten years was Citadel The Adventure of the Crystal Keep despite this replay highlight all the weakness, and Baldur's Gate 1 (never succeed replay BG2).

Well now I think of it I know the possible reason I don't fall into this syndrome, it's just because when I played my first RPG my childhood (teen and post teen) was already quite far back in past. So the nostalgia effect is quite minimized for me.

I voted wizardry having only played the 8th one. lol I guess Im missing the point.

you have to give the Infinitiy engines the award then if all the games have to be good.

All the infinity engine games were really good.

wizardry 8 was better but i dont suppose the whole series was.

Looks like BG won. Can't say I'm surprised. It definitely deserves the adoration it gets. Wouldn't have been my choice, but I'm glad to see it beat the hell out of the Elder Scrolls ;)

I voted wizardry having only played the 8th one. lol I guess Im missing the point.

you have to give the Infinitiy engines the award then if all the games have to be good.

All the infinity engine games were really good.

wizardry 8 was better but i dont suppose the whole series was.

I love Wizardry 8, definitely in my top 10 RPGs of all time. LIke you, it's the only game in the series I've played! Wish they would release the other games on GOG.com!!!

Voted Baldur's Gate, though that was a tough choice. BG series was consistent, moreso than the other series but of course I'm sure if they'd gone up to BG 5 or 6 it would have been a different story. I love Wiz 8, Morrowind, Fallout, Arcanum and other RPGs way more than BG 1, but BG 2 is my all time favorite RPG.

Of the given choices, it's Baldur's Gate. But I really love the Mass Effect series, as well as Dragon Age: Origins.

No love for jrpgs I see.

I voted Baldur's Gate but I'm also a massive fan of the Shin Megami Tensei series from the East. Beats the hell out of Final Fantasy these days :D

I have played all these series. So I think my vote should count a little more :). It has to be Might and Magic. I played the 2nd game for a full year. All the series have very positive aspects but when the strategy spin off is even more popular then the RPG game that is one hell of a series. Also, when I say I have played all the series I mean when they first came out with bugs and all.

The only one on the list I could not get into was that RoA. I tried to keep at it but was like going to the dentist.

I have to say that World of Xeen is or was one of my favorite RPGs to play in the last few years, this includes Skyrim, DA:O, Risen, FO3, and DE:HR. I think WoX was more fun than any of those, well except for maybe Skyrim…

Ultima in 3rd place!? Ah jeesh... Honestly though they started to lose me at IV. Was saved by Underworld.

The Ultima franchise has not released a new game for 15 years. I'm surprised it's even in the top three.

Hated the first three Ultima; they were primitive dungeon crawlers with nonsenses as stories. Ultima IV was when the series took off by differentiating the series from other RPG by adding depths and many interesting ideas (virtues, reagent and runic spell systems, etc.) Ultima VII was when the series reached its height, but then quickly went downhill with Ultima VIII and IX.

Anyway, I voted for Ultima, only because my number-one favorite is an option: Quest for Glory.

While Q4G is a brilliant series, it is not considered a true RPG by most people, but more of an adventure/rpg hybrid!!

Back
Top Bottom