Gods & Monsters - Ubisoft's Zelda?

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Ubi is not Nintendo so it's coming to all known platforms. And they describe it as storybook adventure. And it's trying to be PEGI12. Release date is 25th of february next year.

As Ubi doesn't know what genre their games are, maybe it turns out it's RPG. If it does, I'm buying.

Someone must clearly be mad. Don't they know that COLOURFUL games just don't sell ?
(They don't because no-one's making them ! :p )

I'm not sure what are you talking about. Even more colorful, The Witcher 3, sold millions.

blood-and-wine-1.png

blood-and-wine-3.png

Need to see some more gameplay before I can decide on this. Could be some good fun.

As for colorful games there seems to be quite a few out and at E3.

Ubisoft shared an interview on their blog:
https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...ing-a-journey-as-rewarding-as-the-destination
What is Gods & Monsters doing that separates it from other open-world adventure games?

MAC: What we see as the most differentiating factor is how we approach the narrative. It's a light and humorous story that we're going to tell, and we think it will make this feel unique. Players can also customize the appearance and stats of the protagonist, Fenyx, so we hope that players project themselves onto our hero.
The player is also going to be challenged through combat, platforming, and resource and stamina management. The combat is ability-based, but those abilities can also be used to traverse the world.

JD: The world is beautiful; the art style is this vibrant, painterly style, so it's a very bright and colorful game. We're going for a more inviting and approachable art style for this game.
So this is Alrik's dream game.
Not mine. In my case, platforming = outdated design, no buy.

Just as a reminder : "darker & edgier"

platforming = outdated design

That was once one proper geme genre of its own !
It was called "jump & run", and Mario made it famous - or rather, vice versa. ;)

Back
Top Bottom