Dark Souls - Confirmed for PC

I use to think it would be difficult to transfer the controls to M+K but it shouldn't be. As long as the mouse controls turning and wasd are used for movement it should be ok. Analog stick will probably still be slightly better but not much. With analog you can just cut any angle you want by pressing the thumbstick in that specific direction. With M+K you'll just have to turn the mouse and move forward. Shouldn't be too big a deal.

When you lockon a target you just lose the turning ability with the mouse since your character will be facing the enemy no matter what. From there you can just use wasd for movement and some other button for rolling.

I don't think it's that simple though. You can increase/decrease your movement speed by several degrees with the analog stick by how much pressure you apply, and that might play into avoiding some of the traps that were designed for the game.

I'm not sure how they would emulate that on a keyboard. With wasd you're either moving full speed or not at all.

I don't think it's that simple though. You can increase/decrease your movement speed by several degrees with the analog stick by how much pressure you apply, and that might play into avoiding some of the traps that were designed for the game.

I'm not sure how they would emulate that on a keyboard. With wasd you're either moving full speed or not at all.

Just toggle the shift or control key for walking/running

Have you ever played a game with analog movement? It allows you to ramp up your speed in small increments. You can't get that from a single hotkey.
I didn't notice that with the Souls games but it's been awhile since I've played them. I can't remember. I just noticed pressing lightly on the stick makes you walk and pressing all the way makes you run, and pressing the sprint key allows you to sprint. As far as I know there is no inbetween there. If there is, it doesn't matter. You simply just need the 3 options of full running, walking/sneaking, and sprinting. It shouldn't be difficult to work around but I'm just guessing.

i remember playing through blade of darkness (severence) back when i came and being over half way through the game before i realized it had a save game feauture. another thing it did that was cool was rate your level completion based on how many saves, something like 1, 3, 7, etc. normally i'm not a fan of limited saving and i'm still on the sidelines for this game, especially if there is no mouse and keyboard support but at lease it has some chance of me playing it now.

Arguing about controls is pointless really at this point...I think some of you will be dissapointed how little Role there is in the game...it is basically a very hard action game.

Arguing about controls is pointless really at this point…I think some of you will be dissapointed how little Role there is in the game…it is basically a very hard action game.

I never thought we were arguing.

I am aware that the game, while it does have a story is all about the combat. Which is ok with me. My brother has beaten both games many times over and raves about the combat. That's the reason I tried demon souls on ps3.

Hopefully when it's released I'll get the chance to see if it can indeed be played with a M&K. If not, I still have a giant backlog of games to fall back on.

Wasn't this said before somewhere ? Or was it a different game I think I remember ?

Not sure if it was ever actually confirmed, but it's been talked about ever since the PC version was announced.

They did say originally that the game will be a port. This article is new and specifically the developer say that the port is not going to be optimised due to the lack of their experience in porting to PC. Forums mention limited resolution problems, keyboard and mouse controls, existing PS3 problems not fixed .. etc.

Back
Top Bottom