Laptops are getting much worse

Haven't had a laptop in many years as I really don't have the need for it… If I were to ever buy one, I'd consider Magic Micro I had my current desktop built by them a couple years ago. I checked the cost of all the components on Newegg and it was only something like $75 extra to have them build it at the time (including shipping). Also, I purchased it through their eBay store and got over $50 in eBay bucks… So as far as I'm concerned they built it for next to nothing. I did have one issue in that they initially shipped my desktop with the wrong GPU; a 560 GTX SE (substandard edition) instead of a regular 560. I was rather pissed about that but when I emailed them about it, they very quickly sent me the correct GPU along with a paid UPS envelope to send back the incorrect graphics card. (They claimed their distributor sent them a bunch of the wrong cards and they didn't catch the problem until after installing some of the cards. I remain a bit suspicious, as to how they wouldn't notice the giant "SE" on the cards, but at least they corrected the problem fast). And as I said, they have pretty great prices for what you get.

Another company I might consider is:
Digital Storm Online They are of course marketing them as gaming laptops but I'm sure would suit other needs as well. This company has gets really excellent reviews for their customer service and the quality of their PCs. They're a bit more pricey but seem to really stand behind their products.

Back
Top Bottom