Gothic 3 Quick money making

bjon045

SasqWatch
In Gothic 3 NPC's re-spawn their weapons every time you leave the screeen so if you are short on cash you just whack them over - take their weapon - run away and come back.

I recommend doing this with the guy who has a hut by himself at the entrance to the fire clan. He has a barbarian axe worth 11,000 gold and there are no other NPC's anywhere near him so you don't even have to bother with being sneaky. although the skill that lets you knock people down with 1 hit using a club from behind is useful for cutting the time down.

I had over 100k worth of barbarian axes in a few minutes work....

It's a totally new class, never attempted in any other game before - Axe Hoarding Robber :p

Nice tactic, by the way...Just wondering, if you rob merchants do you get to loot all their wares?

Nice tactic, by the way...Just wondering, if you rob merchants do you get to loot all their wares?

Nope, you only can loot everything they have in their inventory..and that is everything you gave them in quests and (like all other npcs) a little bit gold a weapon and some other items. Their wares are only available in the tradescreen...otherwise they are hiding them very good - and you can't find them :)

BTW: Who cares about money in the game? You only need about 100k-250k for armors and a little bit for skills...maybe 50k+...but there are enough things in the world and enough money...^^
At the end I had something over 1.000k and all armors possible with my rep :D

the problem with the tactic as disclosed is that by the time you get to the fire clan you'll probably have all the gold you need. an alternative, using the same principal is to do the same thing but on gorn instead right after liberating ardea or if you can wait a bit longer beat up rangers instead as you can safely mug one without the rest going hostile thereby netting you more weapons per reload (i take no credit for either as they have both previously been widely discussed)

another exploit that can be used is train attributes with npcs that you can then mug with no repercussions (eg lars in silden, the hunters in the wilderness and druids)

note however that these can be seen as exploits that may potentially harm both the roleplaying and game balancing aspects as noted above

Back
Top Bottom